The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2016, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

[...]

In my opinion, most women of the new generation, who have a good sense of duty and are going a good job, like Maxima, Mary, Letizia, wouldn't have looked twice if the guy had not been a CP but a carpenter.
I think that is a fair assessment of Máxima. What would this attractive, intelligent, globetrotting and privileged lady ever have seen in that chubby not-so attractive Dutchman she met at the Feria in Sevilla? The fact that he was The Prince of Orange will have helped a lot, without a doubt...

At the same time Máxima was already socializing in the high society. It seems she was invited at the Feria in Sevilla by a colleague from the New York haute finance, a Prince of Liechtenstein. The Prince of Orange -of course- socializes with fellow royals and so, by incident, the two met in Sevilla.

Now, 17 years later, it looks like a genuine love has grown. The Prince (now King) has given his spouse so much freedom and so many chances to develop her own role. And she took that opportunity with both hands.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
imo True Love:
Beatrix&Claus
Victoria&Daniel
Baudouin&Fabiola
Naruhito&Masako

Naruhito and Masako may love one another now, after so many years together.

But before they were married, she tried desperately to dodge becoming his wife. She was happy in her life and her chosen career and hoped he'd pick someone else.

But he persisted, and she gave in. (Not with entirely happy results for her, although she seems happier now).

Old 08-22-2016, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure the royals of today would even consider getting married if some real love wasn't there.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Courtier

To return to P Albert and P Charlene. I firmly believe that their union is a true love match. There are many interviews where P Charlene mentions and confesses her love for her husband. He in turn has mentioned how much he misses her when they are apart. And there are plenty pictures and video clips around with spontaneous PDA's to support this.

P Charlene has given up a lot to be with him, converted to Catholicism and moved to a foreign country. She has also said that at times when things were difficult, P Albert always believed in their love and would support her when obstacles seemed to be insurmountable. I do believe they are happy and content together, especially now they are raising two beautiful babies together.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 08-22-2016, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

C4A,, I will not add more because you said all I think about Charlene and Albert, it is a true love we are seeing since 2006 on the royal forum.
We cannot forget the speech of love that Charlene spoke in french for her husband, Albert was so moved that he cried, it was the first time we saw the prince so moved in public
Charlene de Monaco clame son amour en français par surprise, Albert en pleure...
Old 08-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

The video had no sound, here is the video with the sound

Old 08-22-2016, 05:06 PM

for me couples who found true love are:
Victoria and Daniel
Haakon and Mette Marit
Harald and Sonja
Letizia and Felipe
Silvia and Carl Gustaf
Old 08-22-2016, 05:20 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I am probably going to get laughed at out of this thread but I seriously think that one couple that have loved each other and have endured through thick and thin and water under the bridge is Queen Margrethe and Prince Henri.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am probably going to get laughed at out of this thread but I seriously think that one couple that have loved each other and have endured through thick and thin and water under the bridge is Queen Margrethe and Prince Henri.
No,no laughs here,you are spot on!!
They were an almost fairytale couple back then,
if love concours all,then they proof it.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
No,no laughs here,you are spot on!!
They were an almost fairytale couple back then,
if love concours all,then they proof it.
I agree with Lucien. They have endured for a very long time.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree with Lucien. They have endured for a very long time.

I'm not sure endurance is a proof of love. In earlier times, it was considered somehow shameful to have a failed marriage, especially among royalty.
People were expected to grin and bear it.

As for true love, (and I'm not referring to anyone specific here) is it really considered true love when one party is a player?
Old 08-22-2016, 06:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the definition of true love is unique to each couple. There are no set rules to measure it. There are no set rules to follow to ensure it and there's definitely no set rules that will ever guarantee it. What works for one couple may spell doom and gloom for another.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-22-2016, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
To return to P Albert and P Charlene. I firmly believe that their union is a true love match. There are many interviews where P Charlene mentions and confesses her love for her husband. He in turn has mentioned how much he misses her when they are apart. And there are plenty pictures and video clips around with spontaneous PDA's to support this.

P Charlene has given up a lot to be with him, converted to Catholicism and moved to a foreign country. She has also said that at times when things were difficult, P Albert always believed in their love and would support her when obstacles seemed to be insurmountable. I do believe they are happy and content together, especially now they are raising two beautiful babies together.

Never take anything for granted. The most sweet, romantic, cute couple pictured together were Prince Joachim and Alexandra. Only a short time after their last photo-shoot (so sugarsweet that my tooth enamel cracked) the couple announced their divorce...

Albert and Charlene. Yes, a promising, talented, hardworking athlete with almost model beauty and a perfect body sees a man many years her senior, chubby, bald, glasses on his nose and in nothing comparable to the chiseled swimmers training in the lanes next to her, in the pool.

It was all love. Ebony and Ivory. The air was filled with the scent of roses and petals of flowers felt down. Charlene saw him and was in love. That the older, chubby and bald man was a Prince, that he resides in a palace overlooking the azure mediterannée, that his sun-soaken country has the highest density of billionaires in the world, nooooooo nonsens. It was pure love.

Sure. Was Albert a streetcleaner in Montpellier, had this beautiful talented olympian athlete also given up everything? "For love"? Come on...
Old 08-22-2016, 08:15 PM
Courtier

^^^ previous. Well, fortunately not all of us are cynics. Some of us still believe in true love, especially when we have had the privilege to experience it. And not all of us are so shallow as to judge a book by its cover. And maybe we are just a little more able to recognise true love when we see others enjoying that wonderful gift too...

Old 08-22-2016, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
^^^ previous. Well, fortunately not all of us are cynics. Some of us still believe in true love, especially when we have had the privilege to experience it. And not all of us are so shallow as to judge a book by its cover. And maybe we are just a little more able to recognise true love when we see others enjoying that wonderful gift too...

Oh, I do believe in true love.
But- I also believe the Duc et Pair has a point.

After all, how many poor old men do you know of with beautiful young wives?
Old 08-23-2016, 12:14 AM
Courtier

Mirabel, I actually DO know a few "poor old men", but then you ( and the world )would not know them, because they are just "poor old men with beautiful young wives"....

Old 08-23-2016, 01:52 AM
Heir Apparent

But you would agree though, wouldn't you, that most stunningly beautiful young women wouldn't necessarily date and fall in love with ordinary looking 50 and 60 plus age pensioners or men with everyday jobs. Of course there are exceptions when falling deeply in love, Sophia Loren and Carlo Ponti for one.

However, unless Mr 50 plus had a hugely magnetic personality (in which case he'd probably be in a position of power, with money) most beautiful young women prefer handsome young men of around their own age. (I believe there have been surveys that show that physical looks in husbands and wives are usually at near the same level of attractiveness.)
Old 08-23-2016, 02:44 AM
Courtier

True Love Marriages

^^^ I will agree that it may not happen every day, but I still believe it is a case of true love for P Albert and P Charlene. That is the beauty of living in this day and age: you may fall in love and marry whomever you choose to, be it someone of the same gender, or a different culture, an older man, or a younger man...

Old 08-23-2016, 03:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Never take anything for granted. The most sweet, romantic, cute couple pictured together were Prince Joachim and Alexandra. Only a short time after their last photo-shoot (so sugarsweet that my tooth enamel cracked) the couple announced their divorce...

Albert and Charlene. Yes, a promising, talented, hardworking athlete with almost model beauty and a perfect body sees a man many years her senior, chubby, bald, glasses on his nose and in nothing comparable to the chiseled swimmers training in the lanes next to her, in the pool.

It was all love. Ebony and Ivory. The air was filled with the scent of roses and petals of flowers felt down. Charlene saw him and was in love. That the older, chubby and bald man was a Prince, that he resides in a palace overlooking the azure mediterannée, that his sun-soaken country has the highest density of billionaires in the world, nooooooo nonsens. It was pure love.

Sure. Was Albert a streetcleaner in Montpellier, had this beautiful talented olympian athlete also given up everything? "For love"? Come on...
Would you?

I'm sure you wouldn't have..not that you ever had the opportunity ofcourse..that sucks hey
Old 08-23-2016, 04:57 AM
Heir Apparent

We have just seen the Olympics in Rio. Perfectly chiseled athletes in the prime of their life. Giving everything for their country in those two weeks. All these years of hardship, of endurance, of blood, sweat and tears: hopefully it will pay out in Gold, Silver or Bronze.

That such a gifted, talented and stunningly beautiful athlete from Bulawayo falls in love with a man many years her senior, with a chubby and bald body and a lifestyle in nothing comparable to herself and her team-mates. Okay. That he is not from South-Africa, or African even. Okay. That he comes from Europe, is a billionaire, a Prince even, son of world-famous Grace Kelly, reigning one of the most über-glamorous places in the world. It is all pure co-incidence. When he was a streetcleaner in Montpellier, Charlène would have followed him too...

Hmmmm... call me cynical. I call it "realistic". I have the same with Máxima. Calling her a gold-digger is maybe a bit too far but that the blonde chubby dude with those yellow teeth was the future King of the Netherlands did not exactly harm his chances, that may be clear.

Tags
royal, true love