The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

There are more modern royal couple that could be really example of true love and tenderness.Those who caught my attention are definitely:
Prince William and Kate
CP Haakon of Norway and Mette-Marrit
CP William-Alexander and Maxima
Edward VIII and Wallis
Prince Felipe of spain and Princess Letizia
In many past cases,some royals used to grow to love thir spouses.
King George VI was really in love with Queen Mother and I think later after their she grew to love him more dearly then at the beginning.
King George V and his wife start as an arranged marriage couple,but then their marriage proved to be a great success.
Queen Victoria and Albert were very happy indeed.
I observed that Windsors are usually monogamous ,I mean that once they fell in love ,they love the same person for the rest of their life.That's the case of Albert and Victoria or even of Charles and Camilla.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Royal Highness

Fabiola & Baudion
Mette-Marit & Hakoon
Catherine & William
Victoria & Daniel

Old 07-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Courtier

King Hussein of Jordan has many wives, but in my own opinion, I think his true love is his last wife, Queen Noor (Lisa Halaby).
Old 07-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Courtier

King Mohammed VI of Morocco and his young wife, Princess Lalla Salma are good examples of true love. They are very happy together, and Princess Lalla Salma is a very beautiful and good woman. She really deserves to be King Mohammed's wife. And also the Royal Couple are very good and loving parents to their two children, Crown Prince Moulay Hassan and Princess Lalla Khadija.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness

I believe that CP Victoria and Prince Daniel are good examples of a couple being in love.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Aristocracy

Sophie & Edward

(they are 'understated' but lovely together)
Old 08-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari-aree View Post
Sophie & Edward

Definitely true. They're very quickly becoming my favorite British Royal couple (besides the Cambridges, of course).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Serene Highness

King Hussein had 4 wives and his true love is Queen Alia and after that is Queen Noor but the first is Queen Alia..
Old 08-28-2011, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would also like to put out the theory that newlywed couples like William and Kate and Victoria and David are kind of hard to call true love. I know we all want to believe it is true love and perhaps I am being too pessimistic, but I think its going to take a few years to tell with the newlywed couples. I'm sure people thought Diana and Charles were true love and it turned out to be a pack of lies.
I love Kate and I don't want William to get divorced; after the decade of being together and everything they went through I would like to think that Victoria and David are true love. But nobody knows the whole story until the story is done or in its last stages like the older generation of couples.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Nobility

The Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg appear to be a true love match.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Rashed & Princess Zeina
Prince Hassan & Princess Sarvath
Prince Haakon & Princess Mette Marit
Prince William & Princess Kate
Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia
i forget but too much i have in my head
Old 08-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Courtier

Please do not forget Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie von Isenburg. They are lovely, down to earth couple.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I would also like to put out the theory that newlywed couples like William and Kate and Victoria and David are kind of hard to call true love. I know we all want to believe it is true love and perhaps I am being too pessimistic, but I think its going to take a few years to tell with the newlywed couples. I'm sure people thought Diana and Charles were true love and it turned out to be a pack of lies.
I love Kate and I don't want William to get divorced; after the decade of being together and everything they went through I would like to think that Victoria and David are true love. But nobody knows the whole story until the story is done or in its last stages like the older generation of couples.
Do you mean Victoria and Daniel of Sweden or the Beckhams??
Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
Please do not forget Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie von Isenburg. They are lovely, down to earth couple.
ok then , i wil write
Old 08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari-aree View Post
Sophie & Edward

It makes me happy to see more Edward and Sophie fans. They are so understated but such a lovely couple, of what we're able to see of them. Their little glances, even after the length of time they've been together, are lovely and show their love.

Their relationship makes me hope William and Catherine's relationship, as their early years mirror Edward and Sophie's, even down to the struggling of putting on the bride's ring.

I also think Charles and Camilla have found true love, and it is quite a shame that they were unable to be together all those years ago. I am glad they have both found happiness now and it is evident that within the last 5 years Charles has become a very happy man. It is lovely to see.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Well, since both of these couples have, to all intents and purposes, been together for a decade or slightly more. It's not like both couples just met, fell in love and married, within the space of a couple of years.

I get the feeling that William dragged his feet for several years because he wanted to be absolutely sure he did not get it wrong and was overly cautious but, with Victoria and Daniel, things were different. They knew the loved each other years age but I think the King hoped it would eventually fizzle out and took many years to "come round".

I guess a self-made man that started out as a gym trainer just didn't have the "Consort" factor in the eyes of the King, but for them it really is both "true love" and, for many years," star crossed".

Their wedding is noted as one of the most romantic and loving we have been privileged to see. A true celebration of joy! Watching them together "officially" is sweet as they still haven't gotten over never being able to be together, let alone touch each other, in public and their ever so gentle and loving PDA's are legendary!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Serene Highness

I believe that Prince William and Kate have a relationship which is true love. The way they look at each other shows that they are deeply in love with each other. I can't exactly explain it. Hopefully they will have a long marriage and a long happy life together. True love is something that is natural and you just know it when you see it.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I believe that Prince William and Kate have a relationship which is true love. The way they look at each other shows that they are deeply in love with each other. I can't exactly explain it. Hopefully they will have a long marriage and a long happy life together. True love is something that is natural and you just know it when you see it.
You're correct. William and Catherine are radiating love. It's understated, but there's no doubt that it's there; in the guiding hand, the arm around the waist, the smiles, the looks of adoration, the mutual respect. I'm hoping that in thirty, forty, fifty, and sixty years from now they'll be able to look back and smile and remember the emotions of the early days of their marriage. Her Majesty and the Duke and Edinburgh are a prime example of this, by the way. The looks and gestures they share say it all.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Do you mean Victoria and Daniel of Sweden or the Beckhams??
Oh good did I say David and Victoria? My bad, both are lovely couples either way. But Victoria of Sweden has more junk in the trunk That was a lame joke.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 10-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

The King and Queen of Bhutan. The wedding pictures speak one very impressive language.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.

Tags
royal, true love