The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Nobility

Theories on why people follow royalty

Do you have any theories on why people follow royalty? Why are we so interested??

Old 11-15-2004, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Maybe because the magic appeals to us :)

Old 05-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Nobility

Or maybe people fallow Royalty because they were Kings, Queens, Princesses, Princes in their past lifes.

Old 05-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.C. Fanatic
Or maybe people fallow Royalty because they were Kings, Queens, Princesses, Princes in their past lifes.
:) You are drawn to others who are similar to you...
Old 05-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Smile

Personally I follow Royalty b/c I find them very interesting. I was also a European History Major in University so it goes along w/ my degree. Also reading about Royalty is what really got me interested in reading. Now I have tons of books on Royals.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 05-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Courtier

I find them quite interesting! It's the "Aura of Majesty" that draws me! And when I realized that there were so many like us, who enjoy following royalty, that makes it even more pleasurable.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

I think it s couse we would love to have their life: live in palace, have money, buy all the things you want...I mean is like they are living a "dream life"
Old 05-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Courtier

Talking

I will say this. You rather hear about royalty than hear about my life. It would put you to sleep
Old 05-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its a hobby. Its better than doing nothing.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Aristocracy

Oh please we all just want to get away from our lives. Royalty--even with its flaws--somehow seems more appealing to our ordinary existence, well atleast for me.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

apart from the fact some are good looking...i want to buy their palaces ^_________^ hahhaa when i can afford it hehehe
Old 12-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Majesty

i like the jewllery, dresses and the palaces
and i do love seeing the weddings and follow a birth of a royal at TRF
Old 12-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Aristocracy

Royalty provides an element of fairytale and fantasy in my own life in this increasingly bizzare, unstable world. :)
Old 12-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Gentry

In my case, I like to read about royalty because it's nice to believe there's people who have some kind of fairy tale life, with so many things going on in the world and nothing but horrible news on TV, reading about royals who have a nice life is kind of a break. Although British royals really screw up the scenario in my mind, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha :) :) :)
Old 12-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Courtier

For me, it's personal on quite a few levels :)

"MII"
Old 12-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Nobility

I think I am so interested in royals because they are everything what you dream of;
they have a beautiful wedding, with a gorgeous dress, they are so in love... they are happy married, they have a beautiful home, sweet gorgeous children.
and they are all so beautiful, and then I am talking of all those princesses, they are so pretty; maxima, mary, mette-marit, mathilde.. enz. :)

but I think that if you are a royal lover, it does not mean your life is that boring, I think my life is fine; I am very happy with my boyfriend, for three years now. and I live in a beautiful house with my family and dog, I am very happy, I don't have to envy the royals, that is what I want to say.... And still I am a huge fan of all royals!!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Courtier

It's relaxing to be interested in something that's a bit trite and not too intellectually taxing, if you know what I mean. After using my poor head all day it's just great to have a look at some gorgeous dresses, see some cute babies, gossip a little...the only thing that could make it even better would be some hot chocolate!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Courtier

I think it's the magic and mystic that surrounds them - the glam, jewels, lifestyle, palace, history...and I totally agree with Smilla - after a long day at work and (for me) tending to the family, it's a nice little escape out of reality to look at the gorgeous dresses etc...
Old 12-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Nobility

I like the history and tradition. I like their ancestors. I actually don't like it when they are too much like current trendy celebrities...but yeah I find their old houses to be very interesting and I like the glamour. It is also fun to see them do "normal" things like raise a family.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps because the media has made them more accessible so we can read about their lives, see how they live and dress,...... I find it fascinating when I learn about how they lead these seemingly enchanted lives--and then how they cope with the things we all face--death, illness, estrangement, having and raising children, romance, romances gone bad,.....There are some I find quite inspirational, knowing things aren't as perfect as they seem but they perservere. In my own work, there are days when I have to get up early and put on a nice suit and smile for 12 hours. When I find myself particularly dreading it, I think of royals who must do it more than I do and are under constant scrutiny--and, odd as it sounds, it helps.