The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Courtier

The Three Current and Former Monarchies you want to learn more about

What are Three of the Current World Royal Families And Three of the World Former Royal Families You want to learn more about?

I know most about the British Royal Family then any current and former Royal Families. The British Monarch is what got me interested in Monarchy, Royalty, etc. I have read a lot, Researched, and watched a lot of Documentaries and movies on them. After I came to this site Other Royal Families both current and Former have grab my attention .

For me the Three current Royal Families I want to learn about are:
Netherlands
Sweden
Japan

And the Three Former Royal Families that I want to learn more about are:
France
Russia
Germany

The former German and Russian Family I especially want to learn more about in the month ahead because of their History and Family Toes with The British Royal Family.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Serene Highness

Until I came unto this site, I had no idea how many royals there are in the world. I've read a lot of books about royalty (mostly British royalty)and have seen a few movies here and there.

I don't know if such a book exist but it would be interesting if there was a book or Encyclopedia of Royalty which would have a brief history of the royal family. There probably are books out there about other royals besides British or Monaco but you don't find them in the US or they are difficult to find.

I know that I was very curious as to what happened to the Russian Royals who survived the Revolution. If you read the history books, you would have assumed that the entire Russian Royalty was wiped out but this was not the case. Some of them escaped. Other lived outside of Russia.

I had the same question about French Royals. Not all of them were killed during the French Revolution but in the history books you would almost think that this was the case (the way it was written).

Royalty forums answered these questions. There is a lot of detail to this. Would probably like to know more about these two royal households as the history is interesting especially the ones that escaped.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The three current monarchies (and principalities) that I'd like to learn more about are:

1. The Jordanian Royal Family
2. The Princely Family of Liechtenstein
3. The Ruling Family of Dubai

There are other current monarchies that I'd like to learn more about as well; such as the Imperial Family of Japan, the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg and the Moroccan Royal Family.

The three former monarchies that I'd like to learn more about are:

1. The Imperial Family of Russia
2. The Imperial Family of Austria
3. The Greek Royal Family

I would also like to learn more about the Prussian and French Royal Families.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Serene Highness

The three current monarchies that I'd like to learn more about are:

1. The Royal Family of Belgium.

2. The Imperial Family of Japan.

3. The Princely Family of Liechtenstein.

The three former monarchies that I'd like to learn more about are:

1. The Royal Family of France (the House of Orleans, the legitimate heirs to the Throne).

2. The Imperial Family of Russia (and I regard Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna as the true Head of the Imperial House).

3. The Royal Family of Romania.

I know many things about the Royal Family of Portugal and the Imperial Family of Brazil, but it's always good to learn new things.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Of the current Royal Houses,The Dutch,Danish and Swedish families.

I'd love to read more on the Royal Houses of Navarre,that medieval kingdom really had some interesting monarchs.I'd also love to know more on the Imperial House of Hapsburg and the kingdom of Hungary.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Commoner

The three current Monarchies I would love to learn about: Danish, Dutch and the Swedish (I hold the most interest in learning about the Swedish mostly).

Past Monarchies:
The Russian Royal family
The house of Hapsburg
The Greek Royal Family
Old 07-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Nobility

Of current interest me most is Spain, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Japan. But now I'm also interested in from Morocco.

The former I care a lot about the Portugal, Austria and Greece.
Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Courtier

Current monarchies :

- United Kingdom
- Denmark
- Morocco

Past monarchies :

- Austria
- Russia
- France ("ancien régime")
Old 07-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness