The Popularity Of Royals In Their Own Country

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
As far as I know:

The Netherlands: Princess Maxima of the Netherlands
Denmark: Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark

Has anyone further examples?

In England: Queen Elizabeth II, Prince William & Prince Harry;
In Monaco: Prince Albert, Princess Caroline;
In Jordan: Queen Rania;
In Spain: Princess Letizia;
In Holland: Queen Beatrix.

I have read that CP Mary is currently way more popular than her husband in Denmark.She's doing really great!

I always thought it was King Juan Carlos.

I'm agree, in Spain are the Kings the most populars and admired, Leticia, I think she is beginning, one day she may be as beloved as they are the kings of spain but now are the kings:whistling::whistling:

Beltraneja,can you tell that Letizia might become more popular than Felipe there one day?Just like Mary in Denmark?That would be interesting.

I believe that CP Mary is the most famous in Denmark, I think I've read it somewhere ... :)

In Belgium: King Albert and prince Laurent

in England: charles and his sons
in Monaco: prince albert

Popularity of members of the Danish Royal Family

LINK: The Royal Forums » Approval Ratings Down for Henrik and Joachim

Thanks!!!

Rambøll for Jyllands-Posten - 2009

Crown Princess Mary 82,2%
Queen Margrethe 81,3%.
Crown Prince Frederik 80,4%
Prince Joachim 44,6%
Princess Marie 37%
Prince Henrik 30,7%

Monster and Critics - 2008

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/royalwatch/news/article_1453559.php/Popular_Princess_Mary

Mary is the most popular member of the DRF.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand inspires near religious devotion in Thailand and is seen by average Thais as a bodhisattva, a holy unifying force for the country. His daughter, Sirindhorn, is also extremely popular amongst the people.

Although, his case is quite different than Western royals in that Theravada Buddhism in Thailand places a sacrality on the throne that isn't there in Europe. So Thai and European notions of royal popurality are grounded in very different reasons.

Crown Princess Victoria is very popular in Sweden

I believe that William and Harry are well loved in the UK,and there is great regard for Elizabeth11,but that is due mainly because of her long reign,but the most loved person was,and forever will be,HRH The Princess of Wales.

Right now Prince William and Catherine are the most popular royals in the world. They are probably the most popular in their countries.

England : Prince William, Prince Harry, Princess Catherine, Princess Diana (always)
Belgium : Princess Mathilde
Holland : Princess Maxima, Queen Beatrix
Sweden : Princess Victoria
Norway : King Harald, Princess Mette-Marit
Spain : Princess Letizia
Denmark : Princess Mary, Queen Margrethe, Prince Frederik
Jordan : Queen Rania
Dubai : Princess Haya
Monaco : Prince Albert
Luxembourg : Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa

In Jordan... Prince Ali, Hamzah, Hashim, Faisal, and Rashid...
Princess Haya, Aisha, Iman bint Hussein, Raiyah, and alia.
Queen Noor, Alia and Rania.

I have a feeling that in United Kingdom, the Duchess of Cambridge is a little more popular than her husband. During the recent tour, it appeared to me that people were a little more excited to meet with and talk to Catherine. Of course, those are strictly my observations.

In Sweden - Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.

In Canada, I can say the Duc and the Duchess of Cambridge are very popular !

I'm agree, in Spain are the Kings the most populars and admired, Leticia, I think she is beginning, one day she may be as beloved as they are the kings of spain but now are the kings:whistling::whistling:

Yes, I also think that the king and queen are most popular in Spain...my grandma lives in Madrid and she´s way too much interested in the Royal family (she doesn´t have anything else to do...) and she is not such a Letizia fan,maybe that will change if she´s giving birth to a male heir.I like Letizia a lot,I think she´s a smart woman and her daughters are soooo cute:wub:
I have the feeling that the non-blue-blood royals (born as commoners) are more popular than ever before! Think of Sonia (Norway),CP Mary, Grace Kelly ( I know that she´s dead,but to me she´s the quintessence of a princess!),Catherine (UK), Daniel in Sweden who married Viktoria(...they are so happy together,I can´t wait till they are having children!) and Charlene of Monaco!I think it´s because people can relate to them more than the royals who were raised very different from us normal commoners....

Last edited:
In Sweden - Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine.
In Sweden Crownprincess Victoria is definatly in a league of her own - she seems loved and respected by almost everyone - even the republicans like her ;)

I believe crown princess Victoria is popular in Sweden as is crown princess Mary in both Denmark and Australia.

In any Royal family, the younger members will always attract the most media attention, boosting their profile and popularity. I have a great deal of time for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and of course, who could not like Prince Harry? They are the future of the British Monarchy. But my primary loyalty is to our Queen and it is most gratifying to know that in our celebrity obsessed culture, she remains the most popular woman in the UK.

It really seems that everyone on this thread has there own opinion about who's the most popular in their countries. It's refreshing to know that in Spain the older generation are popular and the country isn't obsessed with youth.

In Great Britain, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Henry.
Who would not want to be interested in the sons of Princess Diana after William and Henry lost their mother when they were quite young?

In Great Britain, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Henry.
Who would not want to be interested in the sons of Princess Diana after William and Henry lost their mother when they were quite young?

I don't know which royals are most popular in GB, but i hope for P.William and Harry that they are appreciated for what themselves do with their lives and not just because their mother died young....

Which royals are the most popular in their own countries?

I don't know which royals are most popular in GB, but i hope for P.William and Harry that they are appreciated for what themselves do with their lives and not just because their mother died young....

I agree Lee-Z and I am sure William and Harry feel the same. That like saying you only like them because their mother died or at least that what it sounds like to me.

I Would say The Queen is the most popular Royal in the U.K. as I have seen in recent polls

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom