The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

Same problem in the UK - polls tend to focus on the Queen, Philip, Charles,, Camilla, William, Catherine & Harry meaning the Queen's other children and cousins don't get polled about often.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
For the NL the last time there was a poll (king's day last year, so maybe we soon get a new one):
Q.Maxima was the most popular (indeed no surprise)
P.Mabel the least popular (got to admit i agree to that too)
https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/in-popu...nden~af133b6d/
(in dutch, can't get google translate to translate the page)

To be honest, there are a couple of very unknown members of the dutch RF (children of P.Christina), i don't think they are actually known enough to make it to any list of this type
I tried to find the data but it has been removed since. I guess that (500+) people had to choose from a list that only inlcluded the former queen, current king, queen, their three daughters and Beatrix' other son and daughters-in-law and probably princess Margriet and Pieter. So, of this group choosinf from this list 2 people picked princess Mabel, 7 princess Ariane and 8 princess Laurentien (I don't think anyone would have chosen princess Anita or princess Carolina had they been on the list), so not sure that Mabel is the least popular, at least she is well-kniwn enough to be included!

Old 04-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Courtier

The polls are sometimes constructed so that you can only vote for one member whom you like most in a royal house. In Sweden, that means that Victoria gets lots of votes. Nothing wrong with that, but it means that the other members could have a higher approval rating that the poll shows. If you can grade how much you like the main players in the royal family (in any nation) on a scale from 1-10, that would give a more accurate result.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:43 PM
Royal Highness

The problem with just asking - who do you like the most/ respect the most is that without giving all the options for them to choose from people will always be drawn to the most prominent members covered most by the media.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:28 AM
Gentry

In Italy: the most beloved is Queen Elena.
Very very popular are also Queen Maria José, Princess Mafalda and Queen Margherita.
For the Royals mens: the most popular is King Umberto II, the others not so much (Queen Elena's husband, Vittorio Emanuele III, is hated for most italian people).

For the others royals popular in Italy: Princess Diana the most beloved after her also Queen Elizabeth II, William & Kate, Harry & Meghan are very popular.
Also the Royals of Spain, the Royals of Belgium, the Princes of Monaco and Queen Rania are quite popular, but not at the same popularity of British Royals.
For the past Royals, Empress Elizabeth of Austria is popular in Italy.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofitaly View Post
In Italy: the most beloved is Queen Elena.
Very very popular are also Queen Maria José, Princess Mafalda and Queen Margherita.
For the Royals mens: the most popular is King Umberto II, the others not so much (Queen Elena's husband, Vittorio Emanuele III, is hated for most italian people).

For the others royals popular in Italy: Princess Diana the most beloved after her also Queen Elizabeth II, William & Kate, Harry & Meghan are very popular.
Also the Royals of Spain, the Royals of Belgium, the Princes of Monaco and Queen Rania are quite popular, but not at the same popularity of British Royals.
For the past Royals, Empress Elizabeth of Austria is popular in Italy.
I am in Puglia now and indeed I have seen streets, piazzas, monuments and memorabilias dating back from the monarchy. Indeed Regina Elena and Re Umberto I are frequently visible. I have not seen any reference to Re Umberto II or to Regina Maria José. In general I think Italians are proud. I see lots of banderas. The only "monarchistic" bandera I could see was outside the Marine Barracks in Gallipoli. It looked a monarchistic flag, but it was just Italy's naval flag with a four-quartered arms in the centre.

I do not have the idea that there is any desire for a monarchy at all. On the contrary: the pugliese were laughing their hearts out and did react in disbelief when they heard that rich, well-developed and egalitarian Netherlands actually is a monarchy...
Old 09-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Gentry

Only in Rome there are street referenced to Re Umberto and Maria José.
Both are very popular (and are quite beloved, expecially Queen Maria José) in Italy but there aren't street or school dedicated.
There are numerous street, piazzas, mounments and memorabilias dedicated to Princess Mafalda. She and Queen Elena are the most beloved of Savoy Family.
In Italy Savoy female members are more beloved than male members (Queen Elena, Princess Mafalda, Queen Maria Josè and Queen Margherita are very beloved by italians), for the males the only quite beloved Kings are King Umberto II and King Umberto I.
In Piedmont others Savoy family members are very popular: Maria Clotilde of Savoya nicknamed "The Saint of Moncalieri", the daughter of King Vittori Emanuele II, Rosa Teresa Vercellana Countess of Mirafiori, the morganatic wife of King Vittorio Emanuele II, very popular because is a sort of italian Cinderella, and Virginia Oldoini Verasis, Countess of Castiglione, misterss of King Vittorio Emanuele II, know for being the most beautiful woman of the century 1800.
In Italy King Vittorio Emanuele II is not too much beloved, King Vittorio Emanuele III is hated for most italian people. The others are not so popular.