The Most Memorable Royal Event of 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What was 2005's most memorable royal event?

• Death of Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Death of Prince Rainier III of Monaco

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Wedding of Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles of Great Britain

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • Silver Jubilee Celebrations of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Enthronement of Prince Albert of Monaco

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Birth of the Lilleprinsen of Denmark

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Birth of Infanta Leonor of Spain

Votes: 32 22.5%
  • Norwegian Centennial Celebrations

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Prince Albert of Monaco Admits to Fathering Alexandre Coste

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
What would everyone classify as "the" royal event of 2005?

In a year marked by the deaths tragic deaths of two reigning monarchs and more than a dozen royal births, the enthronement of Prince Albert of Monaco and the celebration of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands' Silver Jubilee, how will you remember this royal year?

To review the year in depth, visit these two posts: 1 and 2 from our December 2005 Newsletter.

This poll will close on January 31, 2006.

Last edited:
I think it has to be the wedding of Prince Charles to Camilla Parker-Bowles. I've been following the Royal Family for quite a long time and I have never seen Camilla as the evil person she's painted out to be. I was thrilled to hear they were getting married and it was so surreal - everybody said it couldn't and wouldn't happen. And it did. And now she's proving to be a brilliant member of the Royal Family as well as making Prince Charles happy. So my vote goes to the wedding. I think that all those events are memorable but for me, that's the one that will scream 2005.

I vote Charles and Camilla wedding.. I think it's most all time talk about them

I voted for enthonement of prince Albert but I also wanted to vote for the death of prince Rainier. As I love the Grimaldis those are definitly the most memorable royal events of 2005

I also voted for the Charles and Camilla wedding. Since some years I wanted them to end up married and when they finally announced they where going to take the step I was relieved they finally dared to do it. It took a lot of courage.

I was also delighted by the birth of the Lilleprinsen and Leonor and I think Beatrix did an awesome job during her jubilee! The Queen just seemed to have so much energy, I think she really enjoyed 2005!

Maxie said:
I also voted for the Charles and Camilla wedding. Since some years I wanted them to end up married and when they finally announced they where going to take the step I was relieved they finally dared to do it. It took a lot of courage.

Yes, I couldn't have said it better myself...:D

I choose other.
The other being the ceremonies attended by the members of the Spanish Royal family to honor victims of the war, the victims of terrorism and the firefigther victims of the forest fire.

Last edited:
For me, definitly the Norwegian Centennial Celebrations. Absolutely wonderful :)

"MII"

I voted for Prince Rainier's death.I really like the Grimaldis,especially Caroline!

Charles and Camilla's wedding, closely followed by the death of Prince Rainier and the births of asll the royal babies from various Royal houses. A happy occasion for all involved!

Last edited:
The Wedding of Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles of Great Britain

I love babies so I went with the birth of Infanta Leonor. The news that they might abolish male primogenure in Spain because of her birth is really special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wedding of Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles of Great Britain
Birth of Infanta Leonor of Spain
Death of Prince Rainier III of Monaco

for me, i think it was all the royal births. there is nothing better than the birth of a baby. :)

Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding.
Prince Ranier's Funeral
Death of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte

Definately the wedding of Charles and Camilla for me. I never saw it coming this time last year!

i vote Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowler's wedding

but im really admire of Prince Charles but his second wife really nice person and many people know that Camilla been adult affair with Prince Charles for more than over 30 years but i dont like Camilla.

but im really like to story about Prince Charles and late Diana,Princess of Wales best than Camilla! but many people wanted to low-profiles follow Princess Diana's death in 1997 that not fair for me.

Nichola said:
Definately the wedding of Charles and Camilla for me. I never saw it coming this time last year!

tell me about it! my mom woke me up with the news of the engagement and I thought I was dreaming.

their wedding turned out to be like a dream though. Camilla is adorable.

Charles and Camillas wedding and Mette Marit's visit to London (although I was convinced that she was going to go into labour!)

Skydragon said:
Charles and Camillas wedding and Mette Marit's visit to London (although I was convinced that she was going to go into labour!)

If Mette had gone into labour in London, that would certainly be my most memorable event!:eek:

Nichola said:
If Mette had gone into labour in London, that would certainly be my most memorable event!:eek:

Did I read somewhere that if that happened, they could make any hospital room a part of Norway?

The wedding of Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla.
The deaths of late Prince Rainier of Monaco, as well as the death of late Pope John Paul II, was very memorable and sad for me. Though I am not a catholic, I deeply loved and respected Pope John Paul.

Yes if Mette Marit had gone into labour while in London the goverment could declare the hospital room a part of the Kingdom of Norway and the baby would be a norwegian citizen and not a brit. They did that in Canada when the dutch royals were in exile.

Last year was full of memorable events. I thought Mette-Marit would give birth in the UK. I am a Catholic and I have to say that although I mourned, I wasn't a fan of John Paul II. I think because I never saw him when he was younger. But I like Benedict very much and he's brought me back to the Church. I voted for Charles and Camilla's wedding of course but there were lots of events which were amazing to watch.

I think definitely the Norwegian centenniel programme. Being Norwegian it felt extra special, and getting to meet the royals was a part of that programme.

Silver Jubilee Celebrations of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands !!
Then, the birth of Prince Christian of Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom