The Most Interesting Royal Right Now?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say Prince Carl-Philip because of his new girlfriend and of course Crownprincess Victoria for her wedding.

I'd say CP Maxima and Queen Rania. They are interesting to me because of the work they are doing in and out of their respective countries.

I´m interested in:
1. Princess Letizia, because of her personality and charisma and her progress in her work as a princess
2. Crown princess Victoria, because of her work, the upcoming wedding and a beautiful love story with Daniel Westling
3. Prince William, because of his charisma and progress in his work as a prince

At the moment the most interesting for me is CP Victoria of Sweden due to her engagement and her wedding coming up in June and everything involved with that eg the recent photos released etc

Once the wedding happens we will then also start on waiting for a baby!!

for me or for the others? because for me the most interesting are the greek royals and from them i could say nicolas and tatiana because of their wedding that's coming in summer.

gregory

For me the most interesting royals are generally the spouses of the royals, because more and more these days, royals marry non-royals...Here is my list of three:

1. Mette-Marit - how amazing that a (young) single mother with various other issues (drugs?) managed to marry a prince...and WOW what a revelation, she is fantastic!...And I guess I admire Haakon for taking a woman like that on and how he loves and supports his stepson Marius is very admirable...

2. Mary - just because she is Australian and I am Australian, I am about the same age as her, I also lived in Sydney in 2000, and I was single...So I guess I am living vicarously through her...What if it had been ME in that pub in the Rocks on that day at that particular time...If only? ;)

3. The Greek Royal family - the fact that they were ousted from Greece almost 40 years ago...live in various other places in the world, the US and UK, make a big deal or and effort to 'speak Greek at home with each other'...and for the most part I think the Greek people don't want them back...but they still carry on with what is basically a facade...Because isn't being the sovereign of a state, having a state? If they are not in Greece, they are not really Royal because they are not ruling over anyone? They are perplexing, fascinating and intriguing...

Her Royal Highness, Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge
Catherine Elizabeth has a definite charisma and a diligent attitude when it comes to work ethics on her royal duties and royal tours.

I think the Grimaldis of Monaco with their adorable new twins are very exciting right now. I am so much looking forward to watching them grow up.

I am also increasingly intrigued by the lovely young Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant. At the age of only 13 she has enough poise and gravitas to spread around to some of the much older Royal women.;)

I think Sheikh Hamdan is the most interesting royal. I don't think a lot of people would know a lot about Dubai if not for him. I think his more interesting that he's somewhat of a dare devil and does all this sports. Not so much when it comes to his work ethic though you don't hear much about it.

For most "interesting" royals you can simply look at these forums and see which threads pop up the most; these royals are obviously the ones that interest us most ;)

So i think it's something like:
QEII
Charles/Diana/Camilla
Sofia Hellqvist
:)

To me the MOST INTERESTING at the present time must be Andrew because of his silly coverage of his personal going-ons. Most people in USA [unless part of a royal internet forum] could not name or care about anyone but the British Royals [shame but true]. Personally I favor Letizia and Mary, but enjoy reading about them all.

I think it depends on what do you mean for "interesting". For gossip, scandals, rumours and new events: Charlene of Monaco, Sofia Hellqvist (not royal yet) and maybe Madeleine. Kate is not a novelty anymore I think...

I believe that Prince Henry of Wales has become the most popular of the British Royals. He has gotten engaged to a lovely young lady, Meghan. There was vast speculation as to the month and church location until May and St. George's Chapel was announced. Prince Harry may be given more royal duties.

For me it is Prince Charles for he is such a brilliant man and some who so highly underestimate him. He is a very hard working man who is always on the go and wants what is best for his country......he has grown into a fabulous man who will one day be a great king.

For me it is Prince Charles for he is such a brilliant man and some who so highly underestimate him. He is a very hard working man who is always on the go and wants what is best for his country......he has grown into a fabulous man who will one day be a great king.

I agree about his eeerm... okay... brilliance but all this did not prevent him being seen as a goof, a whimp, a half-cooked egg, a weirdo who talks with plants, a wailer and name it all. You only need to see the comment sections in (social) media and then the general tone is clear.

Apart from Harry, and his forthcoming marriage, IMO Queen Margrethe of Denmarkis a very intelligent and interesting individual. I am intrigued as to whether she will indeed abdicate in the New Year as it was speculated earlier that she might. Also how the Crown Prince couple will proceed if she does.

Apart from Harry, and his forthcoming marriage, IMO Queen Margrethe of Denmarkis a very intelligent and interesting individual. I am intrigued as to whether she will indeed abdicate in the New Year as it was speculated earlier that she might. Also how the Crown Prince couple will proceed if she does.

I will be surprised if she abdicates, but I didn't expect Pope Benedict XVI or Emperor Akhito to abdicate either, so I guess it is possible, albeit unlikely.

Last edited:
I agree about his eeerm... okay... brilliance but all this did not prevent him being seen as a goof, a whimp, a half-cooked egg, a weirdo who talks with plants, a wailer and name it all. You only need to see the comment sections in (social) media and then the general tone is clear.

Don't think to tell me what I read or don't read and social media is not something I do. I look at what he has done for and with the Duchy and all the hard work that has made the business become what it is today, and the charities it supports. That in my opinion is a man of honor, he was born into this position, it was not handed to him on a silver platter and he took and made it something to be very proud of today.......so you have a problem with the Prince of Wales, Charles? And just how do you personally know he talks to plants for have you seen him do this, again gossip and rumors do not make facts.

Don't think to tell me what I read or don't read and social media is not something I do. I look at what he has done for and with the Duchy and all the hard work that has made the business become what it is today, and the charities it supports. That in my opinion is a man of honor, he was born into this position, it was not handed to him on a silver platter and he took and made it something to be very proud of today.......so you have a problem with the Prince of Wales, Charles? And just how do you personally know he talks to plants for have you seen him do this, again gossip and rumors do not make facts.

I only wanted to point that being "brilliant" is okay, but when the general public has a not so favourable opinion on him, he can be as brilliant as the purest diamond, but it leads him to nowhere.

Royals that I would be interested in having lunch and talk to:

GD Maria-Teresa. I would like to talk to her about her problems with her mother-in-law, and how that has affected the way she interacts with her children's partners.

(not really a royal but..) Chris O'Neil. Who is this guy? Party-loving snob or hard working family man?

Camilla, DoC. Simply because I think she must have many interesting stories to tell, beyond all the tabloid rubbish.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex has been in the news quite often. She had a splendid wedding in May. She has participated in numerous royal functions. She is expecting a baby.

The kiddies! Particularly Monaco, Britain ,Belgium and little Isabelle d'Orleans. I am so fascinated that such beautiful children can exist outside of fairy books!

Frankly I am ambivalent about most of the grown ups.:cool:

I think Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is the most interesting. Everyone else talks too much.

I'm in agreement with Leopoldine. HM, The Queen has been on the throne for 99.9% of my lifetime and if there's a person that has seen it all, done it all, weathered the storms and celebrated the milestones, it would be her. I'm no where near having a complete understanding of this remarkable woman but I can say I'm thoroughly enjoying the journey. ?

Right now?
Lady Gabriella Windsor.

(Because she has a wedding coming up, and weddings always interest me.)

I'm always interested in Mary cos she's from Oz but I find myself reading anything and everything about Meghan.

Prince Charles doco

We have a Prince Charles documentary on tonight at 9pm. Titled Prince, Son and Heir.
I hope it is not a repeat as we have had many royal documentaries on since Harry's engagement.

I can't believe anyone believes that old chestnut that Charles talks to his plants. It is past time people understood the media trying to ruin reputations with there own spin.

Lets go forward into 2019 being a lot wiser about Media tactics.

I've always been interested in Princess Anne & I wish the rule about male/female succession had been changed retrospectively as she's infinitely more suited to being monarch than her two younger brothers. She's probably happy with her lot though & didn't want titles for her husband or children. She works incredibly hard, she's thrifty, clever & very witty. She's a bit older than I am but she's my generation & I've grown up alongside her. I like her for not bowing to media pressure to be the kind of princess they wanted & instead being true to herself.

Back
Top Bottom