The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

i think its come from the country.. if the country is popular and all of the world know that country (like England), even the prince or princess is not good-looking, he/she can be popular... i take that example from my country, Indonesia...

if you ask indonesian people about prince william, most of them will know about him. but if you ask about princess mary of denmark, i think most of us dont know about her...

Old 02-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy

I agree with you Ochan.

Old 02-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Umm Hard to tell who poplarity.. I think The most popular is the Late of Princess Diana.. That i ever know.. what else.. I notice more popular is Princess mary also Prince william is popular too.... well we will see waht coming in the future.... all of royal family is great...
Old 05-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Though not being so popular, at least where I live, IMO Sophie of Habsburg was the world's most beautiful princess through the 70's/80's, whatever the press might have said about Caroline of Monaco. (source: HOLA)

Old 05-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Nobility

I remember those old layouts in Hola, and I agree that she was very beautiful. And she had a very handsome husband, are they still married? I haven't seen any pictures of her or her family in a long time.

I think it's all a question of how a royal person strikes you as an individual. But in the end, certain princesses do stand out for working hard and for natural elegance (Princess Alexandra and Princess Mathilde, for example). They sort of rise above the debate.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think looks alone can carry Royal. While there may be some interest in a Royal becuase they're attractive, at the end of the day they need to show they are more than that.

After all, Diana was beautiful but people liked her because she was charismatic, she was more than just a pretty face.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy

Charisma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
I think its charisma that makes a royal popular not on beauty alone..
I agree with Mahoogie. Performance of duties is very important - Princess Anne is a prime example. Queen Victoria was not gorgeous, but she was popular when she went about her duties. Empress Sisi was popular in Hungary because she supported them. Empress Eugenie was gorgeous, but I'm not sure if she was truly popular the way Victoria was. But still, humans are visual animals so looks do help an awful lot!:)
Old 05-04-2006, 06:40 AM
Nobility

I think princess Letizia is one of the most beautifull princess today and she is one of the most popular princess too.Her husband prince Felipe has been a prince very popular and everybody has always admired.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Courtier

Tough question!

IMO, when Masako of Japan is at her best (she's still suffering from depression) she is the most beautiful and accomplished (before marrying into royalty) female royal.

I think Caroline of Monaco/Hanover is also tops in terms of beauty and popularity. Monaco may be a tiny nation, but Caroline's engagements and accomplishments over the years are truly overwhelming, not only in Monaco but world-wide (AMADE, UNESCO).

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 05-05-2006, 04:35 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, I think that this true. For example: Princess Anne - Princess Diana
Old 05-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Nobility

I think look can attract media attention but it wont make a Princess popular, for example Princess Aelxandra of Denmark she an attractive lady elegant in her own way but what shes achieved since she married into the Royal Family and learnt the language quickly i think that what made her popular among danish people.

As for the late Princess Diana, she had warm personality and she achieved alot for the country, as well as she was down to earth person..thats why people called her the queen of hearts, all of these things made her popular, but no one can deny that she was a style icon and truly a beautiful Princess.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Nobility

I think it is more 'glamorous' than beautiful that we judge it by. although it is all subjective of course, to me, no other Crown Princess could stand a chance next to Mette-Marit, because she is so gorgeous, unusual and striking looking, but she is probably the least glamorous? But if the media know you will show up everywhere with your hair and make up professionally done, and looking like a fashion plate, they will put you up there.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

I know this is going to sound a bit mean, but here goes.

Say Queen Victoria has been a male and the present line of Hanover was in place, still sitting on the throne of England...

Would the world still be as fascinated by Ernst August's sons as they are by William and Harry?

I am talking about in terms of looks...because let's face it. The only reason the Queen has such good looking grandchildren is because her children infused new blood into the gene pool.

Gone are the horsey teeth, Hanoverian bosoms, bulging eyes (save for Freddie Windsor)....and just all around hideousness of too many "cousin" marriages producing some "interesting" people.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think in todays shallow celebrity based culture, many people idolize what they see, a pretty face will always win over the masses and make them popular.

However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I have to say I very much like Princess Maxima, whether that is because she is 'pretty' or that she seems to be happy all the time, I don't know.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Aristocracy

I belive that Prince William and Princess Diana may be more liked because of their looks. But aside form that I think they would still be liked if they weren't the ideal picture of beauty. Diana helped the world a lot and she gave others a lot of her spare time. She was not only remembered for her beauty but for her love and compassionate nature.
Prince William is a very nice guy and he I'm sure is very popular because he's going to be king. Poeple look up to him because doesn't every boy wish to be king and doesn't every girl wish to be his Queen?
Old 07-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Courtier

I think looks go a long way, but you have to have character also. Diana was very beautiful, but she helped a great deal with the AIDS charities. And I think when people remember her, they not only see the beauty, but the brains too. It all depends on what YOU think of the person.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae
I think looks go a long way, but you have to have character also...
For example, I think Princess Michael is extremely beautiful but she has not been a particularly popular member (with the public) of the Windsor family.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy

looking at media pictures of royalty is a business. what would one do if they lived in a place with no tv transmission or magazines for sale? naturally humans like beauty but all people are beautifull. do you think your 90 year old grandmal is as beautifull as charlotte casiraghi? i do.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Commoner

princess Grace

For me the most beautiful and popular princess will ever be princess Grace of Monaco
Old 08-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Interesting question, I think beauty does have to do a bit with popularity ..not much but i think it has an influence