The Epitome of Royalty - Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Remember the phrase "A picture is worth a thousand words?" In this thread I thought it would be a fun idea for each of us to post one -- only one otherwise it defeats the purpose of this thread -- image that for us represents/is the true epitome/definition of royalty. It can be a picture of someone from the past or someone from present day. Also, please explain why you think this one image embodies royalty, this 'hobby' we all congregate here to learn about, catch up on news (and gossip! :p ) about them and discuss.

For me, this one image of Queen Margrethe II, the present Queen of Denmark is the ultimate definition of royalty. It is a grand and regal image of a phenomenal woman and queen. The colour, fabric and cut of the dress implies grandeur and a touch of formality, the jewels (tiara, necklace, brooch) imply a jewelly box most of us can only dream about. The light blue sash with all its honours implies her social status. The pose and the formal background (though dark) with the gold edging peeking through is reminiscent of an 17th century portrait and most certainly of elevated status.

Margrethe-regal.jpg

Oh wow Alexandria. That picture is as well one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing. Margarethe looks amazing. Such a grand photo.

Prince hassan and Princess sarvath

Attachments

• royal.jpg
    royal.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:
Princess Grace of Monaco with her son Albert

It was really difficult to choose the right picture, but this one is just perfect. For the first moment I saw it, it reminded me on the great love that princess Grace had towards her children. The love that mother could only have.

On this photo, you can see mother pride glowing from her face and son's joy and happinness. Princess Grace hands on Albert head, give the overall magis to this photo..

Mother and son..Now and forever..

Attachments

• U1548302.jpg
    U1548302.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 425
What a beautiful picture Ianna!!! It is a great choice!!!

Really cute picture of Grace and Albie!!!

Alexandria said:
Remember the phrase "A picture is worth a thousand words?" In this thread I thought it would be a fun idea for each of us to post one -- only one otherwise it defeats the purpose of this thread -- image that for us represents/is the true epitome/definition of royalty. It can be a picture of someone from the past or someone from present day. Also, please explain why you think this one image embodies royalty, this 'hobby' we all congregate here to learn about, catch up on news (and gossip! :p ) about them and discuss.

For me, this one image of Queen Margrethe II, the present Queen of Denmark is the ultimate definition of royalty. It is a grand and regal image of a phenomenal woman and queen. The colour, fabric and cut of the dress implies grandeur and a touch of formality, the jewels (tiara, necklace, brooch) imply a jewelly box most of us can only dream about. The light blue sash with all its honours implies her social status. The pose and the formal background (though dark) with the gold edging peeking through is reminiscent of an 17th century portrait and most certainly of elevated status.
I've always adored that photo of QM. She looks beyond regal and beautiful. Thank you for posting that photo, Alexandria.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx royal sophietje & Incardida! What are yours best photos?

chanel said:
Oh wow Alexandria. That picture is as well one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing. Margarethe looks amazing. Such a grand photo.
What a grand picture! She looks like the Empress of the World...

what about Princess Diana,HM Queen Mother, HM Queen Elizabeth 2 and British Royal Family

Sara Boyce

Märtha Louise and King Olav

This is one of my favourite pictures of Märtha Louise. I think her face portrays the love, respect and joy that she feels at seeing her granfather King Olav.
NRK picture.

Attachments

• 19__hankoolav3-NRK-archives.jpg
    19__hankoolav3-NRK-archives.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 949
I've always like this photo- Princess Diana and Prince Harry the summer before her death.

There is no question this woman, whatever her faults may have been, was totally devoted to her children.

This photo is credited to Getty Images.

Eliza

Attachments

• 2827516.jpg
    2827516.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,838
King Juan Carlos at Memorial

This picture does it for me. I have always thought the Spanish Royals are unique in their relationship to their people. Here I think the King shows his deep love (and sorrow) for the country that he helped to grow so much. He has a unique place within European Royalty, but to hold the place he has in the heart of his people is earned, not given by birth. I think this picture shows that the feeling is mutual.
Picture by www.corbis.com

Attachments

• apnov95.jpg
    apnov95.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 514
megknight said:
This picture does it for me. I have always thought the Spanish Royals are unique in their relationship to their people. Here I think the King shows his deep love (and sorrow) for the country that he helped to grow so much. He has a unique place within European Royalty, but to hold the place he has in the heart of his people is earned, not given by birth. I think this picture shows that the feeling is mutual.
Picture by www.corbis.com
This picture is really really touching.

That picture of HM Queen Margrethe II is stunning. There are really no other words to describe it!

I think all princess Diana's pictures with her sons show how much love and care she had for her children

elenaris said:
I agree that King of Spain is really close to the Spaniards...

The entire SRF is:)
I like to show what royalty is for me:
http://www.casareal.es/fotosOficiales/1113903423687.jpg
44 years of marriage, 3 children, 7 grandchildren; they are parents, grandparents, husband and wife, Kings and first and foremost people, I really admire the family they built

The following pictures of the Swedish Royal Family shows just how close the royal siblings are with each other and their mother. They are relaxed, laughing and it's not the usual royal photoshoot.

Pictures taken at Drottingholm Palace in 2001 for a photoshoot.
Originally posted by Yennie.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56772&d=1100599016

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56773&d=1100599016

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56777&d=1100599016

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56774&d=1100599016

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56776&d=1100599016

This next picture is Madeleine hugging Carl Philip on his return home from the marines? (I don't know but he's in some kind of military uniform) The joy on Madeleine's face on seeing her brother again is priceless.

From Allover Press
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56769&d=1100598741

I really like these photos because it's not that often we get a glimpse into the private lives of the Swedish royals. The closeness between the siblings is evident in these photos and to me that's worth a thousand words. :)

The picture of Margarethe is beautiful. She is so regal and those pearls she's wearing are unreal. That tiara is one of my favs! Thanks for the pic!

King Fernidad Frederick of Prussia

I'm far from shy in posting a picture of myself. Best Wishes, -King Fernidad Frederick of Prussia

fernidad.1.0.jpg

azile1710 said:
I've always like this photo- Princess Diana and Prince Harry the summer before her death.

There is no question this woman, whatever her faults may have been, was totally devoted to her children.

This photo is credited to Getty Images.

Eliza

great photo, thanks eliza!

The photo of Queen Margarethe is stunning - very regal, as she is. But a picture that would get my vote would demonstrate the most role the royals today can have: one of uniting the people into one. No elected politician can ever have that, and in that sense, I feel a real monarch can be a true leader of his/her country. Just look at Margarethe - or QEII.

http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=billede1884oq.jpg (post by PDAS1201) I am sure many people knows that royal life is not completely different with others/non royal life, they can be happy, sad, angry, argue etc, but it have been very rare to seen in public. I (of course) don't know what had happened there exactly but from the picture above I have an impression that Alexandra and Joachim had little argued about something and Mary watched them in stun, Frederick just smile and react relax: "no worry dear, it is nothing serious, little argue just hapenned like in many other couple's life doesn't it":D. Please don't take it seriously;)

Yes they were, though Karl was a very delicate man and died at a young age. Zita spent all those decades in widowhood, after bringing up her children virtually alone.

11 years of marriage and 67 years as a widow. Sad end to a couple who were said to be quite in love:sad: at the time of her death she had 6 living kids ( adelheid died eighteen years before and Charlotte a few months after her mother), 36 grandchildren, and over 30 great grandchildren.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom