Shy Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FarahJoy

Gentry
City
Somewhere
Country
Spain
Well, after all, it must be hard to appear in public when you are modest or shy... And this public is not always comprehensive !

Several years ago I had a boss who I thought was a cold and inhuman person and to my entire surprise I recently discovered in a local TV interview that he, in fact... is oversensitive and shy !

So I was wondering which Royal is known to be shy and has to overcome this shyness :blush:

I know that Princess Stephanie is very shy.

Also Charlotte Casiraghi.

And late Princess Diana at her firs years of Princess of Wales was very shy

Well, after all, it must be hard to appear in public when you are modest or shy... And this public is not always comprehensive !

Several years ago I had a boss who I thought was a cold and inhuman person and to my entire surprise I recently discovered in a local TV interview that he, in fact... is oversensitive and shy !

So I was wondering which Royal is known to be shy and has to overcome this shyness :blush:
As far as I know,HRH Prince William & the late King George VI are shy princes.

Last edited:
princess aiko seems very shy. in some videos i get the feeling prince frederik, more so in his early years than after mary. definitely albert and steph and william. the shy di not so sure. the dutch princess little alexia seems shy, maybe its just next to her sister who's such an outgoing little princess. princess mette merit in the early years.
good question this morning farahjoy thanks

The Luxembourgroyals are quite shy imo

I think both Japanese princesses are very shy.

Princess Mathilde is shy imo. But I don't say this with a bad meaning, not at all. I'm a great defensor or timity, it's a very rare characteristic nowadays.

I think Queen Sofia is a reserved person but not shy. The same I think about Princess Mary.

shy

I think prince Carl-Philip of Sweden is a very shy person, but on the other hand I think it works good on him. Many of us like shyness on persons because they are shy themselves.

I dated a friend of Prince Albert's about 16 years ago. My friend Richard lived next door to the Jacques Cousteau's on the same cul-de-sac in Monaco and was a teen pal of Prince Albert and Jacques Cousteau's son. Richard even broke the Grimaldi palace ping pong table. Richard had a concern for Prince Albert when Albert was faced with anxiety (mostly with girls) because Albert would fall back into stuttering and stammering. Ric would mention how Albert's friends had to go talk to a girl before Albert would get the courage to speak to her himself.

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles are shy people in nature. But I think they both have to overcome the shyness. Queen Elizabth II is successful in doing so, but Prince Charles gets better afte these years.

King Harald was (and I guess he still is) a very shy person.
There was a lovely story:When Harald first met Sonja Haraldsen nothing really happened. Some times later he called her and asked if she would mind joining him to an army ball because he thought she was quite a nice person.
Sonja later said she was amused and she thought it was really charming that someone Royal like (then) Prince Harald was so shy.

Princess Stephanie of Monaco is a very shy person

Queen Juliana was very shy and I read that she found speaking in public a painful task. I sometimes get the impression that Queen Beatrix is a bit on the shy side.

Queen Beatrix is definately shy. She doesn't like to be the center of attention, which is rather difficult considering her position.

I don't know why but when I look on Prince Hakkon I think he's shy like Mette Marit.
The same about Princess Eugenie of York.

It runs in some familys its seems.

In the documentary "The voice of the Queen" Queen Paola tels that she was shy and King Albert was shy, so when they first met they hadn't very long conversations. It seems that some of their children and grandchildren inhereted this "shy genes".

Last edited:
The two youngest of the Brabant are shy. I don't know if Elisabeth is shy?

In the documantary "The voice of the Queen" Queen Paola tels that she was shy and King Albert was shy, so when they first met they hadn't very long conversations. It seems that some of their children and grandchildren inhereted this "shy genes".

Is Astrid a shy Person? She seems reserved but not so shy as her brothers.

Queen Beatrix being considered as shy kind of surprises me. I just never would have thought she was shy. I guess the pictures can be deceiving at times.

I've read somewhere that Andrea Casiraghi is shy, and feels comfortable only with people he knows very good.

Victoria Federika de Marichalar is shy. But she is only a little girl and could improve with years. :flowers:

Vanesa.

The late Princess Grace of Monaco was shy.

Princess Theodora and Prince Phillipos both seem a little shy when with their family at a big event

Princess Diana of Wales
Crown Princess Masako
Princess Mabel

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway is shy. But over the years she has gained a confidence in front of the press.

I think she is a great person. :flowers:

I think shyness suit some people. The worst I know is people who not only look arrogant, but truly IS arrogant too. You can see it in the eyes of people. Hard to get a grasp of that through a magazine though, but easy to see when you see people on TV or meet them in real life.

I always had the impression that the former Queen of Greece,Anna-Maria,was and still is very shy,especially in front of the cameras.Can anyone confirm this?

I always had the impression that the former Queen of Greece,Anna-Maria,was and still is very shy,especially in front of the cameras.Can anyone confirm this?

I can't confirm it, but it is my impression as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom