The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:35 PM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,152
I dont consider the President and his family as royalty. Maybe the U.S. Needs a monarchy in order to fix its major problems. Obviously choosing a new person to become the next President really doesnt fix anything since when they are campaigning for votes from the people, they will say anything just to get in. Once they have won and become President, everything they promised seems to be dumped at the curb and instead more problems are made. Maybe having a monarchy would end those problems, who knows. On the other hand if we did have a monarchy, we would have to hope and pray that the monarch isnt greedy amd ruthless and selfish etc. O.k. that is a difficult decision.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:46 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,599
It isn't that you need a non-partisan president, it's that you need a president that can implement the policies that got him elected. Minority leaders never do well and the way the elections seem to go in the US is that the power to implement presidental policy is rarely given.
__________________

__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #43  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,526
A monarchy solves nothing. As these present monarchs do nothing. The Prime Ministers have the power. Paying out a great deal of money for what? Now, who would be you king, Kapaa? What a foolish comment, sorry. It is not a difficult decision, if you can read and know history. Those who have monarchs, have them from a very long time ago. They went forward with Constitutional Monarchies making their monarchs, figure heads at best. Our nation was founded on the basis of getting rid of a monarch. Have you not learned that? I am amazed at this silliness.
__________________
  #44  
Old 01-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 7,229
Presidents really want to do the things they campaigned on but once they get in that Oval Office and take a long look at the problems they face, reality kicks their butts. It also don't help when Congress and the people don't pull together to help get things done.

It takes the people to change the country for the better, not just relay on the President to change things. A King & Queen sounds great but I'm not sure it would change much.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
  #45  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:54 AM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,152
Im sorry you think that my response was silly COUNTESS. I was making a comment about having a monarch or not. If the monarchy of Hawaii had not been overthrown we would probably srill have one and in my opinion, which I am allowed to have, the people would be in a much better place than they are now. Hawaiis monarchs were always concerned about the welfare of the people and not about financial or material gain. The Hawaiian monarchs always had the power to decide what was best for the people and did not rely on others to tell them what to do until the westerners came along and imposed their views on how a kingdom should be run. Unfortunately the last King was forced to give power to a group of wealthy and greedy missionary men he had appointed to his privy councel and it was done through gunpoint. In the end after he died his sister became Queen for a short time and those same westerners who supposedly came here to do good ended up forcing her to abdicate and imprisoning her through force by use of the American military and then proceeded to name a president to take over who happened to be a missionary decendent and the U.S. took over. If that had not happened and the kingdom had stayed in tact, iy would be a far better place considering the monarchy had a very civil and honourable way of doing things. By the way, did you know that at the time of the last few monarchs of Hawaii they took the lead of the United Kingdom? No, Im sure you didnt. The way they had progressed from being, as they were called, heathens, to the point of being very much English in manner and dress was amazing. Did you also know that Queen Victoria was the Godmother of our little Prince Albert who only lived to four years of age? And did you also know that Hawaii kept the union jack as part of our flag because they felt a closeness to the United Kingdom? A little less sarcasm would be nice since obviously you do not know how Hawaii was back then and how it is now besides swaying palms and hula dancers. Believe it or not, alot of us can only wish we had our King again knowing how it would benefit our little islands in the midlle of the ocean. A president does nothing for us and quite frankly, this one who happens to have been born and raised here can do nothing for us. I really dont think that Im being silly, do you?
__________________
  #46  
Old 01-06-2014, 01:00 AM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,152
Oh, and sorry about any incorrect spelling, your comment made me a little angry and I was trying to type too fast.
__________________
  #47  
Old 01-06-2014, 06:45 PM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,257
Hmm, it is easy to forget that Hawaii had it's own hereditary Royal Family. I assume they are still there, albeit with no political clout whatsoever. Or, were they destroyed and their wealth spread among the "deserving" US government officials?
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #48  
Old 01-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,347
CasualFan, you are correct about amending the Constitution. It's been a long time since I studied government.

I do like the UK system of the Prime Minister's party having the majority of Parliament or a coalition. That solves the gridlock problem that we have had for several years..
__________________
  #49  
Old 01-06-2014, 07:35 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
CasualFan, you are correct about amending the Constitution. It's been a long time since I studied government.

I do like the UK system of the Prime Minister's party having the majority of Parliament or a coalition. That solves the gridlock problem that we have had for several years..
That is right and that is really what I was referring to in my previous post. It seems that in recent years you've had the worst outcome imaginable. To an outsider it looks like a president has no power at home; maybe that's why presidents get involved in politics overseas.

But the main reason in many ways for US "gridlock" and the UK "coalition is that main political parties now all claim the middle groups which is where the majority of the population sit.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #50  
Old 01-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Im sorry you think that my response was silly COUNTESS. I was making a comment about having a monarch or not. If the monarchy of Hawaii had not been overthrown we would probably srill have one and in my opinion, which I am allowed to have, the people would be in a much better place than they are now. Hawaiis monarchs were always concerned about the welfare of the people and not about financial or material gain. The Hawaiian monarchs always had the power to decide what was best for the people and did not rely on others to tell them what to do until the westerners came along and imposed their views on how a kingdom should be run. Unfortunately the last King was forced to give power to a group of wealthy and greedy missionary men he had appointed to his privy councel and it was done through gunpoint. In the end after he died his sister became Queen for a short time and those same westerners who supposedly came here to do good ended up forcing her to abdicate and imprisoning her through force by use of the American military and then proceeded to name a president to take over who happened to be a missionary decendent and the U.S. took over. If that had not happened and the kingdom had stayed in tact, iy would be a far better place considering the monarchy had a very civil and honourable way of doing things. By the way, did you know that at the time of the last few monarchs of Hawaii they took the lead of the United Kingdom? No, Im sure you didnt. The way they had progressed from being, as they were called, heathens, to the point of being very much English in manner and dress was amazing. Did you also know that Queen Victoria was the Godmother of our little Prince Albert who only lived to four years of age? And did you also know that Hawaii kept the union jack as part of our flag because they felt a closeness to the United Kingdom? A little less sarcasm would be nice since obviously you do not know how Hawaii was back then and how it is now besides swaying palms and hula dancers. Believe it or not, alot of us can only wish we had our King again knowing how it would benefit our little islands in the midlle of the ocean. A president does nothing for us and quite frankly, this one who happens to have been born and raised here can do nothing for us. I really dont think that Im being silly, do you?
Funny, I have a very close friend who was born and raised in Hawaii as were her parents. She has the opposite view that you have. You has enlightened me that may are never taught all the main lands history, correctly in Hawaii. You have no idea what you would be without your situation, today, nor do I. Other than a wonderful spot for vacationing, I cannot think of another thing you add. A king, is not quite the way you would imagine it to be. And how would it benefit your islands???? Who would protect you???? Part of alliances are protection. If you do not like your situation, form a party to succeed from our nation. I hate to tell you, but millions of visitors from here, the main land come every year and drop millions of dollars in your budget, what do you want?
__________________
  #51  
Old 01-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 876
Does America need a King ---- No
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
  #52  
Old 01-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,526
Yes, indeed.
__________________
  #53  
Old 01-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 530
America does not need royalty.
__________________
  #54  
Old 01-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
America does not need royalty.
As always when asked who I'd like to see running the country, my first and foremost choice is:

Felix the Cat. This country needs a magic bag o' tricks.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #55  
Old 01-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 530
With 50 separate states, I wish you luck.
__________________
  #56  
Old 01-07-2014, 11:00 PM
MissByrd's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ashburn, United States
Posts: 120
Certainly, we aren't going to have a king. I doubt that anyone seriously thinks we would want a monarchy. It's just a discussion of what might have been or could have been. But, we do need something to straighten out the mess.
__________________
"...and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story." C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
  #57  
Old 01-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Duchess of Durham's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Funny, I have a very close friend who was born and raised in Hawaii as were her parents. She has the opposite view that you have. You has enlightened me that may are never taught all the main lands history, correctly in Hawaii. You have no idea what you would be without your situation, today, nor do I. Other than a wonderful spot for vacationing, I cannot think of another thing you add. A king, is not quite the way you would imagine it to be. And how would it benefit your islands???? Who would protect you???? Part of alliances are protection. If you do not like your situation, form a party to succeed from our nation. I hate to tell you, but millions of visitors from here, the main land come every year and drop millions of dollars in your budget, what do you want?
While I love Hawai'i and being an American it is easier for me to travel there and not have to worry about customs, there is a part of me that believes that we did steal Hawai'i from the natives. Much as I would hate to see them secede from the US, I would support them doing so as long as the governing of Hawai'i is returned to Hawai'ian natives - not the people who were born there, but true Hawai'ians.

I am ashamed of what my government did to Hawai'i. We could have protected them through an alliance rather than forcibly, albeit peacefully, gain control of the islands, or Great Britain could have protected them. I fear had the Hawai'ian Islands not had protection, Japan or China would have invaded and taken over.

I don't think the true history of Hawai'i is taught on the mainland. Did you know that there is a small parcel of land on the Big Island, that is considered British land? It is where the monument to Captain Cook was erected and one can only get there by boat.

I encourage you to read Hawaii's Story by Hawaii's Queen: Liliuokalani, it gives a great account of the history of Hawai'i and how white men stole Hawai'i.
__________________
  #58  
Old 01-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 530
As far as I am concerned we should make the congress answer one question before anything is passed and that is, (How will this affect every person in the country?). They should be forced to look at all, from the poorest to the richest. Break the people into income levels, 1-20%, 21-40%, 41 to 60%, 61-80%, 81-100%. I know the number of people in each group would vary greatly, but they should have to consider all groups before passing any legislation. This ideology bent they are on at the present time is not working.
__________________
  #59  
Old 01-07-2014, 11:15 PM
MissByrd's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ashburn, United States
Posts: 120
Grandma828: May I add that everything that they pass as law should apply to them as well. It seems incredible that they can pass laws, that apply to all of us, but not to them. And, please, why do they deserve reserved parking at the airports??? I think that many of the elected officials think that they are "royal".
__________________
"...and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story." C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
  #60  
Old 01-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 530
Members of Congress should be considered contract short term employees, thus they should have to pay for their own health care and they should not receive pensions. That is how the real world works.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
monarchist, politics, royal, royalist tea party, united states


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which country is likely to become a monarchy (again), and why? Lox General Royal Discussion 316 08-06-2014 01:08 PM
Harald & Sonja Visit the United States 2005 pdas1201 King Harald and Queen Sonja 38 03-08-2005 05:00 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess haya princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]