Shocking Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kinneret5764 said:
P. Haya - a wasted Oxford education.

I fail to see what is shocking about Haya or how her education is wasted. She is a modern woman forging her way in a world that is still trying to catch up and where women are frequently considered as third class citizens (if they are considered as citizens at all). She is a role model for middle eastern women and, with her new post as President of the International Equestrian Federation she is making an active contribution to the sphere in which her interest lies and representing the Middle East on the world stage in an area whrer the involvement of the Middle Eastern region has been little known and totally underestimated.
Honestly, I think her parents would be proud of the way she is conducting her life and putting Jordan & her adopted country of Dubai on the world map.
Whilst we may not approve of her role as second wife of Sheikh Mo, polygamy is lawful in the arab world and it is a personal choice between the parties involved and we have no right to judge those who choose this way of life.

Most Shocking

Most schocking and uninpropriate are, no doubt, the tapes and letters between Camilla and Charles. :eek:

Karisma said:
Most schocking and uninpropriate are, no doubt, the tapes and letters between Camilla and Charles. :eek:

Imprudent but not schocking at all. This kind of correspondancies could kept secret as concerning private life; That is shocking is the fact it was using by the tabloids. it was very imprudent by Camilla and Charles because it was very risquy in their position to do that.

There were reactions when Queen Margrethe II were seen smoking during an interview!

I don't see any shocking attitude but some thought that the Queen should have refrained from smocking in front of journalists.

Sira said:
I don't see any shocking attitude but some thought that the Queen should have refrained from smocking in front of journalists.

Why that ? It is her life and it is her health.
The royal family her in Denmark has always like to smoke in public and in privat.

You are absolutely right. "It is her life and it is her health" so one should not mind whether she smokes or not.

Here Here. People know that Margrethe smokes so why be coy about it and pretend that she doesn't?

If you think about it, it's actually quite shocking that in the countries where there are still royal families, there is still an adoring public.

Bella said:
If you think about it, it's actually quite shocking that in the countries where there are still royal families, there is still an adoring public.

Maybe you should broaden your vision. Some people might consider a republican goverment with approval ratings around 30% shocking. A monarchy can at least count on the support of a vast majority as they are above the parties and a-political.

Marengo said:
Maybe you should broaden your vision. Some people might consider a republican goverment with approval ratings around 30% shocking. A monarchy can at least count on the support of a vast majority as they are above the parties and a-political.

Based on that logic, then one would assume you think the best government would be a totalitarian one, where the people wouldn't have any choices and would have a government given to them by a non-constitutional monarchy or a communistic regime. Hard to believe that is really what you believe--but, of course, you might. Chacun a son gout!!
:confused:

I wonder how you can conclude something like that from my post, I think you misunderstood my logic. I never said anything in favour of totalitarian regimes with manipulated approval ratings and only stressed that monarchy and democracy do not have to be a contradiction, while a republic and a democracy do not always have to be the same either.

Marengo said:
I wonder how you can conclude something like that from my post...
I'm confused too. How can an apolitical monarchy be equated to a totalitarian government or a communist regime? :confused:

Marengo said:
I wonder how you can conclude something like that from my post, I think you misunderstood my logic. I never said anything in favour of totalitarian regimes with manipulated approval ratings and only stressed that monarchy and democracy do not have to be a contradiction, while a republic and a democracy do not always have to be the same either.

Sorry if I offended you, but I felt your statement was implying that it would be superior to have a monarchy which people have to accept because they basically cannot change it (even though we know all countries with monachries do not have a totally adoring public) to a republic such as the U.S even if the approval ratings are 30%. Aren't there some rumors of Belgian perphaps eliminating its monarchy. We all know how polls change. Right now they are at 40% -- a change of 10% in about two weeks time. Not sure I understand your last statement about a republic and democracy not always having to be the same either unless you mean a parliamentary system versus a presidential one then I understand that comment. As I said, I didn't mean to offend you and am not trying to get this site blogged down in a discussion of governments. So, please accept my apologies. lol

Last edited:
Would Edward VIII of England be considered a shocking royal because of the Abdication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom