The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Gentry

From 1797 until 1826 lived Leopoldine of Austria. She was one of the many Children of Franz I of austria and his second Wif maria theresia of Neapel. Her Mother died 1807 when Leopoldine was only ten Years old and ten years later she was married to Pedro I of Brasilia and travelled to her very far new home. her husband was cruel slapt and kicked her regurlaly and did not care for her. They had 7 children together but her Live in Brazil was miserable. She sendet many Letters home and begged for Help, for she was scared for her Life. She died lonesome in Brazil at the Age of 29.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leopoldine austria 7.gif
Views:	53
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	153998  

Old 06-03-2005, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness

Oh yes, Jane Grey for sure.
Very sad, even sadder that her blood cousin gave the word to behead her.

Old 06-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

i've read a book that said she was pregnant when she was beheaded. and the reason why she was beheaded because he father lead unsuccessful attempt to rescue her and dethrone queen mary. up until her father's interfering, queen mary saw jane as a innocent pawn and was going to release her. but jane's father mess everything up.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Courtier

I seem to look at this in a different way. I tend to admire people who make the most of a difficult situation. I don't think that there is anything sad about them, maybe about the situation that found themselves in. although I admit that they sometimes had a word in placing themselves in that situation.
A lot of these royals lived in very different and difficult times.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Serene Highness

I had heard Mary would have released Jane if Jane had converted for Protestant to Catholisim
Old 06-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Aristocracy

Modern day....Princesses Margaret and Caroline. Princess Margaret because if she had been able to marry the Peter Townshend, then maybe her life would have turned out better, without the years of booze, smoking, depression and the times when she threatened to kill herself. Luckily she raised two beatiful and normal children....normal for royalty so it was not a total loss.

Caroline..........well, between her mother, second husband, and father all dying...that would beat me down. but she still comes up smiling and as elegant as ever.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Lordship

Caroline..........well, between her mother, second husband, and father all dying...that would beat me down. but she still comes up smiling and as elegant as ever.
To be fair, Prince Rainier did live a full life before his death, especially in comparison to the tragedy of the lives cut short of Grace and Stefano. Also, Stephanie and Albert also lost their mother. I think that the loss of Grace had the greatest effect on Stephanie, who was not only in the car with her mother when it happened, not to mention being blamed for it for years and years later, but being the youngest she had had the least amount of time with her mother.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with you too Alexandria....a shame though that Stephanie never really seemed to heal from that crash internally. It seems she will keep on fighting those demons.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Lordship
Yes, and I heard she also had a miscarridge, too.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Courtier

Also sad was Empress Carlota of Mexico(nee Belgium). She loved her husband immensly; after he was killed I think that I read that she still believed that he was alive. I think she died in a sanitarium. Also, I think that I read that her father/family treated her rather badly after her husband died.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Courtier

I also agree about Princess Margaret. How would her life had turned out if she was allowed to marry Peter Townsend. Yes, she probably would had still been spoiled, but I think she would of had a very happy life.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

I see some parallels in Grace and Diana's kids. Caroline and Stephanie and William and Harry all lost their mothers tragically at a young age (even though Caroline was a bit older). Whereas the older kids (Caroline and William) seemed to mature after the tragedy, the younger pair (Stephanie and Harry) went - and still are - on rebellious, wild streaks. The pattern can be found in Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret, too. After Queen Elizabeth lost her father suddenly at a young age, she immediately took to her duties seriously; when Margaret was forced to give up Peter Townsend - thus losing the love of her life - she too became rebellious and lived a fast life. Now I don't mean to bash younger silblings or say this is always the case. It's just something I've noticed in these particular instances.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Aristocracy

What I do find interesting is that the second child born to a monarch or heir is the one who seems to be the wildest and suffers in their youth:

Prince Albert (King George VI) - stammered, very shy, his father was a tyrant to his sons.

Margaret - lived a bohemian lifestyle.

Harry - Well, enough said.

Andrew - Randy Andy in his youth.

Aamzing the pressure put on the first born.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

the 2nd child of Queen Elizabeth II is the Princess Royal, not the Duke of York.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you for the correction.....I seem to always forget about her as she was not necessarily in the limelight at the time when they were all younger except as a dutiful daughter.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

There seems to be a lot more sad female royals than male ones. I reckon that's because royal men (and men in general historically) have had more power and liberties to pursue happiness than women.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Commoner

Unhappy

I'd have to say (H.I.M. Empress Farah Pahlavi) becouse she lost her husbend, mother and her lovely dughter princess Leila pahlavi, also she lives in exile away of her homeland. :(

Thanx EmpressRouge for this topic.

Old 08-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Elizabeth I had a mighty rotten childhood. She was shunned by her father for not being the son he had wanted. Her mother and one of her step-mothers were both executed on her father's orders, her last step-mother died in childbirth. At age 14 she was accused of treason against the crown and her interregators basically drove her to the brink of insanity. At 20, she was again accused of treason and was put in the tower by her own sister.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
the 2nd child of Queen Elizabeth II is the Princess Royal, not the Duke of York.
Yes, but he was the second one in line to the throne, the heir and the spare.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
i've read a book that said she was pregnant when she was beheaded. and the reason why she was beheaded because he father lead unsuccessful attempt to rescue her and dethrone queen mary. up until her father's interfering, queen mary saw jane as a innocent pawn and was going to release her. but jane's father mess everything up.
Yes Queen Mary didn't have in mind to behead Lady Jane, only her (Jane's)Father in law, Lord Dudley, but when they planned to uprise again, even though Mary was Queen, she realized that she had no chice. It doesn't make her compassionate to me, look at all the "heretics" she burnt at the stake, I suppose she also had a hard life, being proclaimed bastard, losing title, mother and so many other things. No wonder she was so bitter