The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, but most of mine will be English, because I don't know about other royals.
The Princes in the Tower, Richard and Edward
Katharine of Aragon
Louis Charles (Louis XVII)
Caroline of Brunswick
Empress Maria Fedorovna
The Romanov children (OTMAA)
Princess Elizabeth of Hesse and Rhine, if there was ever a woman who deserved to be a saint it is her.
Prince John
George VI, I admit I want to read more about him but so far I can't help but to think how sad his life must have been when he had to take his brothers place and be King with his shyness and speaking impediment; must have been horrifying for him.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I feel bad for the Queen Mother who was a widow for 50 years.The same thing for Queen Victoria.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Even she was not a born royal or aristocrat,I feel pity for Duchess of Windsor who widowed and remained without any children or friends,her latest years were tragic
Old 07-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Even though she was a "snob",Princess Margaret had a sad life.Under all that she was unhappy.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:17 AM
Courtier

The Former Empress Farah of Iran - her youngest child, Princess Leila Pahlavi died in 2001, and now, she had lost another child again, last January 2011, her third child, Prince Alireza Pahlavi, committed suicide. How tragic and very sad it is to loose not just one child, but two or more! :'(
Old 07-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Rhys. I have met a number of people in my life, and each had lost a child or children. There is no remedy against the pain and loss of a child, regardless of the age(s) of the child or children.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:31 AM
Courtier

Thank you very much.

Princess Diana's story is very sad and tragic too. She was so unlucky in love, her marriage to Prince Charles didn't last for a long time, and worst of all, she died in a car accident. I really wish that the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton may last forever, in this way, Prince William will fulfill the broken dreams of his late mother.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I can't help but to feel sorry for Pricness Margaret as well; despite the fact that she seemed to just make a lot of bad decisions on her own. It might just be the romantic notion, but I think her life would have been better had she been allowed to marry Townsend.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince ali bin hussein sometimes you see sad in his eyes , maybe because his mother die in young age
Old 07-19-2011, 02:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys82192 View Post
Thank you very much.

Princess Diana's story is very sad and tragic too. She was so unlucky in love, her marriage to Prince Charles didn't last for a long time, and worst of all, she died in a car accident. I really wish that the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton may last forever, in this way, Prince William will fulfill the broken dreams of his late mother.
yes this story to is sad
Old 07-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Gentry

Princess Victoria, daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra, was a very sad case. She was believed to be the cleverest of their three daughers yet her mother had her living such a cloistered, subservient life to her that she is widely believed to have become a bitter, hypochondria prone spinster, outliving her mother by only ten years. Very little is known about her besides these facts.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Aristocracy

There are so many royals who had sad lives that it is hard for me to single in on one who I think was saddest.
I do have a great deal of pity for Nicholas and Alix of Russia I can't imagine anything more horrific than watching the love of your life and all your children be murdered in front of you.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Courtier

It is also so sad that the Grand Duchess Anastasia Romanov vanished at the young age of only 17.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Majesty

One of the royals I've always felt sad for was Empress Maria Feodorovna. She became the Empress Dowager when Nikolai II became the Tsar, and allow new Empress Aleksandra Feodorovna to take precedence. That was not easy to do, especially when one believes that one's successor is not fit for the job. However, the worst part of Maria Feodorovna's fate was the knowledge that her children and most grandchildren were murdered. It is sad to outlive one's spouse, but devastating to outlive one's children and grandchildren. I can only imagine that her life after the revolution was not a very happy one.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm1952 View Post
Princess Victoria, daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra, was a very sad case. She was believed to be the cleverest of their three daughers yet her mother had her living such a cloistered, subservient life to her that she is widely believed to have become a bitter, hypochondria prone spinster, outliving her mother by only ten years. Very little is known about her besides these facts.
That's awful. I knew she was a spinster, but I thought she had lived much more happily I must also say that I am another who feels that Princess Margaret had a very sad life. It must have been terrible to find out that she was lied to about what would have happened if she had married Townsend.

Another sad case is Princess Marina. She lost her husband in WWII, and died of a brain tumour at only sixty-one. I wish she had reached a triple digit age like Elizabeth and Alice did
Old 07-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

It's easy to forget all these stalwarts of the monarchy !
At least here on TRF we commemorate them in cyberspace...
Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It is also so sad that the Grand Duchess Anastasia Romanov vanished at the young age of only 17.
how she vanish ???
Old 07-21-2011, 04:41 AM
Courtier

Oh I'm sorry, I posted some misinformation. Anastasia didn't actually vanish, she and her family were murdered on July 17, 1918 by forces of the Bolshevik secret police. There is also a mystery that Anastasia survived the bloodbath, but it was proven wrong. See this for more :

Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-21-2011, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry, I posted some misinformation. Anastasia didn't actually vanish, she and her family wer murdered on July 17, 1918 by forces of the Bolshevik secret police. There is also a mystery that Anastasia survived the bloodbath, but it was proven wrong. See this for more :

Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna of Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ohhh this lady very known i very respect her i take about her very much inn classes when i was young
Old 07-21-2011, 04:56 AM
Courtier

Yes. The animated movie "Anastasia" (1997) is about her life.