Royals You Identify With?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the Duchess of Cambridge, I love chocolate and other 'simpler' sweets as opposed to more sophisticated ones.

Like Queen Victoria, I'm not the kind of person who gets on very well with small children.

Like Princess Diana, pretty well any colour looks good on me.

Like the Queen, I love warm, sunny weather but unlike HM, I hate gloves.

I often felt lonely growing up so I could identify with Princess Diana when she spoke of being lonely.

When Sarah talked about eating sweets and having weight issues, I can identify with that.

There aren't many royals who have weight issues, so the ones that do I identify with them in that respec

Dear Princess B,
I agree with you, but I am sorry to hear that you are often hurt and lonely.
But remain true to yourself and you can then feel content and happy.
I hope you will find someone very special. Lots of Love,
AngeliqueX

Thanks Angelique

I have always felt a connection to Princess Victoria of Sweden, her struggles and warming personality has always made a impression on me. She's probably one of those few royals that i feel a admirable respect for. My personality is strongly like that of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna of Russia, both of us lack patience, we tend to be a little headstrong, and we both share a strong love for books.

Absolutely it has to be Camilla Duchess of Cornwall. My life story is so similar to hers it is uncanny. The wonderful news is that I married my terrific husband 40+ years after being each other's most significant boyfriend/girlfriend. Miracles DO happen and we are "living happily ever after".

...I like long and very full skirts, and nearly always wear them; they are simply Divine to wear and they are always beautiful and very elegant. I feel classic elegance does not suffer from the vagaries of fickle fashion and time.
And like you, I admired Her Majesty, the Queen Mother for so clearly being happily Herself and sticking with it. And... I also hate wearing trousers, Ha....Perhaps I can Identify with Her too.

The bold text part is so true. Queen Fabiola has always had a very conservative classic style and elegance. The Chanel 2.55 handbag...classic Ferragamo shoes...a chic silk scarf...a divine fur over top and, of course, a dress or skirt always. Although, I DO have a couple of pics of her actually in trousers and now that she's quite a bit older she wears them, I believe, mainly for the warmth they provide. Because of her steady style, she has escaped the as they say fickle finger of (fashion) fate. Even in the dreaded 70's she has very few mis-steps.

I love how all the mid-century female monarchs did it in dresses. They did everything the men did...only in dresses and heels and with immaculate coiffures. :lol:

I feel like somehow I "know" Baudouin, like REALLY understand his essence. I love and get a lot of inspiration from Fabiola, as well. I also identify with Princess Grace. Those two women in particular because they gave up everything they had known to that point in life to be with their husbands and fully support the work of their husband. That's courageous and inspiring to me. :flowers:

While I'm not similar to Margrethe II, I still relate so well to her joie de vivre. More importantly, her lack of concern for others' opinion of her. She is unabashedly and unapologetically herself. :kiss:

I have a few things in common with Queen Margrethe II. We are both in our 7th decade. We both have osteoarthritis (ouch)! We both have two sons, no daughters, and the resulting gray hairs to show for it. :lol: And finally, both of us are Lutherans!

I like Princess Margaret of Connaught. As Crown Princess Margareta, she created gardens in an English style at Sofiero Palace. I do flower work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom