The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Nobility

I can identify with Princess Anne in that we both have long dark brown hair, blue eyes (look closely at the pictures of her as a teenager), are the only girl in the family, wear a size 10 dress, and sang in the choir at school.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Majesty

I identify with the Duchess of Cambridge, because I have been bullied in high school, and so has she.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Anne, in that I love horses and I'm typically known for having little patience for nonsense.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Margrethe II of Denmark. Not a beauty, but bestowed with artistic talents, confidence and a sense of humor. Also, no frou-frou, except for her exceptional ball gowns.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I am around the same age as the late Diana Princess of Wales, even share her astrological Sun(Cancer) and her Moon sign of Aquarius. I felt great sympathy and understanding for her allegedly expressed feelings of being a disappointment to her parents due to her sex, her terror of abandonment, her youthful shyness and awkwardness, her heartbreak at falling in love with someone whose heart you will never truly have, and her loneliness and depression.

I also share her passion for clothes. I am the same height of around of 5'10 1/2 and was really self-conscious about it as a teen.

But I am much more bookish than Diana was-I am usually reading about 3-4 books at a time, I love dogs and horses(she reportedly didn't) and I don't have her natural gifts as a nurse, her attraction to sick people and being in depressing places like slums...I can't bear it, I'm ashamed to say.

She is said to have enjoyed housework and was compulsive about tidiness..I am just the opposite. Except for cooking, I would literally to ANYTHING to avoid household chores!

I was occasionally shocked and appalled by her behavior but in general felt great affinity and compassion for her.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:43 AM
Courtier

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne. Both are geniune. They are not fake. They are not into grandstanding or showing off.

No nonsense women.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

I identify with princess Diana. Like her I can be good and bad. Like her I'm very caring but misunderstood. Like her I give my heart and soul for a cause I take up and often am left hurt and lonely
Old 10-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Aristocracy

Honesty.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
I identify with princess Diana. Like her I can be good and bad. Like her I'm very caring but misunderstood. Like her I give my heart and soul for a cause I take up and often am left hurt and lonely
Dear Princess B,
I agree with you, but I am sorry to hear that you are often hurt and lonely.
But remain true to yourself and you can then feel content and happy.
I hope you will find someone very special. Lots of Love,
AngeliqueX

Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

I identify with Prince William of Gloucester and his mother Princess Alice (Duchess of Gloucester until her husband died). That is because he and I both have the same genetic defect. I suspect Alice might have had it, although it would be more usual to think that his father, the Duke, had it. Alice was reclusive, as are most people with this defect, because there are numerous triggers out there to bring on a possible attack, but she and I both pulled ourselves together and led a public life, me as a teacher and wife of a man who at one time entertained, and also I was a dancer in public in my childhood and teens. I identify with a couple of other royals whom I think may have my genetic defect today, without identifying them here. There is one who has my defect who is rude and I don't identify with that one.
I identify with several members of the Lux family, including Tessy, who was a woman of the people as my mother's family were. Like Tessy, I got the advantages of further education (I am told she went to University in London with Louis, and being a Princess of Lux is an education in itself). She is a person of quiet determination and loyalty--I am too. I identify with GD Stephanie because she was blessed to marry for love.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Nobility

What a great idea for a thread! Hmm, I'd like to say I identify with Kronprinsesse Mary but she's a lot more put together than I can ever be. How she manages to come from a common background and do her job as Denmark's advocate, a wife, and a mother is pretty amazing to me.

I guess I identify with the Princess of Wales (Diana) only because she's been a presence in my life for so much of it. My mom woke me up in the middle of the night to watch the wedding when I was just four years old. I still remember that.

Diana was so gifted, complex, and troublesome that she is so relate-able to so many people. I cried when she died. God bless her.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post

Dear Princess B,
I agree with you, but I am sorry to hear that you are often hurt and lonely.
But remain true to yourself and you can then feel content and happy.
I hope you will find someone very special. Lots of Love,
AngeliqueX
Thanks Angelique
Old 08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Gentry

I have always felt a connection to Princess Victoria of Sweden, her struggles and warming personality has always made a impression on me. She's probably one of those few royals that i feel a admirable respect for. My personality is strongly like that of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna of Russia, both of us lack patience, we tend to be a little headstrong, and we both share a strong love for books.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:50 AM

Absolutely it has to be Camilla Duchess of Cornwall. My life story is so similar to hers it is uncanny. The wonderful news is that I married my terrific husband 40+ years after being each other's most significant boyfriend/girlfriend. Miracles DO happen and we are "living happily ever after".
Old 01-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
...I like long and very full skirts, and nearly always wear them; they are simply Divine to wear and they are always beautiful and very elegant. I feel classic elegance does not suffer from the vagaries of fickle fashion and time.
And like you, I admired Her Majesty, the Queen Mother for so clearly being happily Herself and sticking with it. And... I also hate wearing trousers, Ha....Perhaps I can Identify with Her too.
The bold text part is so true. Queen Fabiola has always had a very conservative classic style and elegance. The Chanel 2.55 handbag...classic Ferragamo shoes...a chic silk scarf...a divine fur over top and, of course, a dress or skirt always. Although, I DO have a couple of pics of her actually in trousers and now that she's quite a bit older she wears them, I believe, mainly for the warmth they provide. Because of her steady style, she has escaped the as they say fickle finger of (fashion) fate. Even in the dreaded 70's she has very few mis-steps.

I love how all the mid-century female monarchs did it in dresses. They did everything the men did...only in dresses and heels and with immaculate coiffures.

I feel like somehow I "know" Baudouin, like REALLY understand his essence. I love and get a lot of inspiration from Fabiola, as well. I also identify with Princess Grace. Those two women in particular because they gave up everything they had known to that point in life to be with their husbands and fully support the work of their husband. That's courageous and inspiring to me.

While I'm not similar to Margrethe II, I still relate so well to her joie de vivre. More importantly, her lack of concern for others' opinion of her. She is unabashedly and unapologetically herself.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Gentry

I have a few things in common with Queen Margrethe II. We are both in our 7th decade. We both have osteoarthritis (ouch)! We both have two sons, no daughters, and the resulting gray hairs to show for it. And finally, both of us are Lutherans!