Royals Wearing Eyeglasses (not sunglasses)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juanita

Royal Highness
City
Country
Portugal
Do you know what are the royals that use glasses?

Royals who use glasses:
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Beatrix (???)

...JuAnItA... said:

Royals who use glasses:
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Beatrix (???)
Queen Sonja, Prince Henrik, Crown Princess Victoria

Does anybody know if King Juan Carlos or Queen Sofia wear glasses?

...JuAnItA... said:

Royals who use glasses:
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Beatrix (???)

yes, Beatrix wears glasses ;)

Camilla needs glasses for near distances. There is a picture where she is wearing it during a speech of her husband in egypt.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden and her father. Cristina of Spain. I think I have seen Queen Sofia wear glasses.

Countess Sophie of Wessex, and Peter Philips

Gita said:
Princess Madeleine of Sweden and her father. Cristina of Spain. I think I have seen Queen Sofia wear glasses.

Also Queen Margrethe of Denmark when she are going to make a speech in tv and when ther are state visit or other officials things for her to do.

Infanta Cristina used to wear glasses but she had lasik surgery so now she doesn't:cool:

Oh I didn't know that about the Infanta Cristina.

Gita said:
Oh I didn't know that about the Infanta Cristina.

If you see her pictures in the 90's you'll see her glasses all the time, then they dissapeared, I did some research (and talked with my fellow TRF members;) ) and we all reached that conclusion:D

Queen Noor used to wear glasses too. ;) she's had vision problems even as a child, and i've read that she's already had lasik surgery (twice already, i think) but her vision is still problematic.

i haven't seen any pictures of her wearing glasses, though.

Last edited:
Is it too obvious to say that King Albert of Belgium wears glasses since the 1980s? :) And his wife, Queen Paola too. And Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain too, when she reads.
Take care!
Alejandro

I am always curious about royals and celebs and their glasses. Sunglasses too, yes, absolutely, but we already have a thread for "royals and their sunglasses." but there is nothing for royals and their prescription non-sunglasses. Just regular eyeglasses for near or far-sightedness, or for reading.

There are many royals who wear glasses or have worn them in the past. If you could post pics and also post the details of the glasses (i.e. brand, style) that would awesome.

Here is Princess Caroline to start with...

010801_5.jpg
(source: dpa)

Crownprincess Victoria wearing glasses.

Prince Constantijn

Prince Berhard jr.
sources ANP PPE

Sonja of Norway and Juan Carlos of Spain wearing glasses

(from TV2.dk, originally posted by purple_platinum)

Wow Juan Carlos looks different in glasses. I didn't know that he wore them!
Some people look better with glasses than without them and I personally think that Sonja is one of them.

Yes, I agree, queen Sonja looks good in eyaglasses. Some people look with eyeglases no so good (I dont like princess Victoria with eyeglasses) but some people look intelligent- like q. Sonja.

what about HM Queen Elizabeth of Britian using glasses during banquet and in public engagement.and also Sophie,Countess of Wessex using glasses for driving.

but im not sure what got another for royals who have glasses! but my dad using glasses for read books but its hard for my dad to read that why he using glasses. and my Aunt have glasses also for eye contact and get on glasses lots. my mom using glasses for longtimes because she need to see anyone before my mom without the glasses years ago and hard to see communication with me they FINALLY got glasses.

mostly people who still glasses for eye contact and longtime glasses but my parents using glasses all the times but my dad dont usually glasses because he need to read for his books.

HM Queen using glasses in public and banquet if you have more pictures of Her Majesty's glasses

Sophie,Countess of Wessex using glasses in public and driving but we have only one pictures if you have more pictures of HRH Countess of Wessex's glasses.

I think prince Haakon used glasses but now he does not- maybe he got the laser surgery?

Charlotte Casiraghi and Stéphanie of Monaco wear also glasses.

Josefine said:
who do you think looks best in glasses

I think Queen Sonja. They change the way her face looks but I like it!

I agree, she really has a Glasses-face

aap , viennareport

fotomarktplatz, scanpix

Prince Albert Of Monaco wears eyeglasses he looks okay with them but, he looks much more attractive without them.I did not know his older sister Princess Caroline is starting to wear glasses that is first time seening her wearing glasses which is kinda of weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom