Royals at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
Are there still any news which royals will attend the Olympic Games in Vancouver?

On swedish schedule (official website), it's planned that the king, the queen and Carl Philip will attend!

Prince Frederik will be there too as a member of the olympic committee.

Oh that's great to hear! I had been looking for some information to see who would be in attendance. Any news about any of the other households?

Trying to keep this bumped. I've checked the BRF's website and so far it seems no one is going surely that's a first. What about the European Royals any word? I'm so excited seeing as it's being held in my hometown. I enjoyed reading the thread in 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not confirmed, but I imagine Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg will be there. He is a member of the Olympic committee and has attended the last few games (both winter and summer). Often times he's accompanied by Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and their children.

I think Prince Frederik will attend doesn't he have some association with the IOC and also Prince Albert of Monaco. I would imagine that Norway would also be represented as I am sure they have quite a few athletes competing in the Winter Olympic events.

I think Prince Frederik will attend doesn't he have some association with the IOC and also Prince Albert of Monaco. I would imagine that Norway would also be represented as I am sure they have quite a few athletes competing in the Winter Olympic events.

Yes, Prince Frederik is a member of the IOC.

Trying to keep this bumped. I've checked the BRF's website and so far it seems no one is going surely that's a first. What about the European Royals any word? I'm so excited seeing as it's being held in my hometown. I enjoyed reading the thread in 2008

It's not on the calendar but there is a gap in Princess Anne's February calendar, she's going to be there as she's a member of the IOC and they hold their meetings before the games start.

Yay great to hear that alot of them will be coming down here due to their IOC commitments

Prince Willem-Alexander will be there. Maybe with his wive and daugthers. The Olympics are: 12-28 February

^Oh is it confirmed he's coming if so yay I do hope he brings Maxima and the girls or atleast for a small period of the Olympics. Is Felipe and Letizia coming? I don't quite remember do they usually attend?

I guess princess Marie will be there as well as she's now the patron of the danish ski federation!

As HM will be coming to Canada this summer and it is winter, the games will be opened by the Queen's representative, the Governor General.

So Princess Anne has been confirmed as attending till the 16th of February

when is the olympics?

February 12–28, 2010.

Princess Anne is there from the 10-15th. :)

Likely =
Crown Prince Frederik
King Constantine.
King, Queen, Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden (confirmed)
Princess Anne (Confirmed)
Crown Prince Haakon
Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg (Possible not due to age, but he is an honourary member)
Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
Princess Nora of Liechenstein
Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg.
Prince Albert II of Monaco
Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani
Prince Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah
Prince Nawaf Faisal Fahd Abdulaziz

Acording to their calendar, Crown Princess Mary also will be in attendence:
Crown Prince Frederik will attend on February 9 and 10 and february 16 to 19 the IOC General Asambley, and from February 11 to 16, Mary will join him to attend the Winter Olimpics.

Torsdag 11. februar 2010 - Tirsdag 16. februar 2010
Kronprinsparret støtter de danske atleters deltagelse i vinterlegene og vil bl.a. overvære åbningsceremonien samt forskellige konkurrencer i løbet vinterlegene. Danmark stiller med det største hold aktive idrætsudøvere til vinter OL, siden de to første danskere deltog i vinterlegene i St. Moritz i 1948.
The Crown Princely Couple supports the Danish athletes participating in the Winter Games and will include attend the opening ceremony and various competitions during the Winter Games.

Last edited:
Thanks Paty for the information.
Isnt this the first time Mary atteneds the games?

As far as I remember she visited summer games, but never winter.
It great thet come to support the danish team :flowers:

:clap:My favorite royals and my favorite sporting event! This is why I take vacation to watch the Olympics!

Prince Haakon and Princess Mette Marit also will be in attendance:
Olympic games in Vancouver

Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the Olympic Games in Vancouver (12 - 17 February)

Updated List.

Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary.
Princess Anne.
King, Queen, Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden.
Prince Willem-Alexander & Family.
Prince Haakon & Princess Metete-Marit.

:)

Any official word on Prince Albert.....he should be there since he is associated with the IOC

Ukulele Ensemble plucked for plum gig

The audience will be members of the International Olympic Committee who will be entertained at a gala on Tuesday, Feb. 9, four days before the opening of the 2010 Winter Olympics...
Article

The Earl of Wessex will attend the Winter Paralympics.

The IOC session has begun and Anne will for sure be attending tomorrow. Will the other royals who are also members of the IOC attend?

Back
Top Bottom