The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Everything that comes out on the German yellow magazines
pure and unadulterated BS

Old 09-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

I always find pregnancy rumours annoying - especially when they persist even after months of no visible signs - no matter which royal they're aimed at.

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
I can't stand the rumor that Princess Aiko is intellectually defective. Just because she is female and conservatives want to stop any action to make her Empress, it's not necessary to malign a little girl.

Well. I AM conservative, and I should never said she is intellectually defective. I think that one of the more effective rulers of the conservative world was...a woman: the Queen Victoria! If women remains women, no problem for them to be Queens or Empresses on their own. How more beatiful for a woman than becoming her country's mother?

Vanesa.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:56 PM

I find the myth that embalming Diana's body meant nobody could know if she was pregnant or not. Pulease, anyone who knows the slightest basics of embalming knows that if she was, it'd still be as evident after embalming as before the time of death. So that annoys me. It also annoys me when people call the Queen German which is she isn't - she's European.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I find the myth that embalming Diana's body meant nobody could know if she was pregnant or not. Pulease, anyone who knows the slightest basics of embalming knows that if she was, it'd still be as evident after embalming as before the time of death. So that annoys me. It also annoys me when people call the Queen German which is she isn't - she's European.
Well, cavity embalming involves a small incision just above the navel and pushes a trocar into the chest and stomach cavities to puncture the hollow organs and aspirate their contents. One could remove the "fetus" that way. I, though, too, do not believe she was pregnant. As for the queen, she has German ancestors and Scottish ancestors and English ancestors. What is the difference. Here in the States all our ancestors came from somewhere else and we are still Americans. She is British.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
Well. I AM conservative, and I should never said she is intellectually defective. I think that one of the more effective rulers of the conservative world was...a woman: the Queen Victoria! If women remains women, no problem for them to be Queens or Empresses on their own. How more beatiful for a woman than becoming her country's mother?

Vanesa.

Oh, sorry. I should have clarified that I meant conservatives of the Imperial Household Agency and the Diet.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
I can't stand the rumor that Princess Aiko is intellectually defective. Just because she is female and conservatives want to stop any action to make her Empress, it's not necessary to malign a little girl.
ANY of the rumours about royal children are especially awful. "HRH_________ is retarded, autistic, deaf, mute, blind....." You get the idea.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I completely agree with TLLK's post right above this. There is nothing more vile and despicable than the press picking on a child.

I also get sick of the "she's too thin, does she have an eating disorder" rumors, which seem to be especcially prevalent in the threads around the Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark, and Letizia, the Princess of Asturias.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

That's been said about our Crown princess Victoria too.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
ANY of the rumours about royal children are especially awful. "HRH_________ is retarded, autistic, deaf, mute, blind....." You get the idea.
You're right. Does anyone remember the amount of things said about Princess Amalia's eye (which was slightly desviated at first - I even heard/read the word 'cancer') or Princess Leonor's stain on the nose?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Leonor's hemangioma (birthmark) and all the related conversation filled up almost a full thread! The poor mods had to really police that issue to finally get back on topic. It's a little birthmark, who cares- she's happy, healthy, and that's what matters.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The most annoying for me are baby rumours.It just puts more pressure on them.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:40 AM
Gentry

Definately Letizia having a eating disorder and King Juan Carlos and the Infantas hate Letizia.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:55 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Diana being pregnant when she died and Grace's car being driven by Stephanie before the crash.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:57 AM
Courtier

The ones who annoyed me the most:
- Letizia being unable to become pregnant, and Queen Sofia not liking her
- Masako jealous of Kiko, or the other way round .

Old 06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Majesty

I get annoyed when anyone starts talking about one princess's or another's inability to have children. That's just stepping over the line of rudeness to me.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I get annoyed when anyone starts talking about one princess's or another's inability to have children. That's just stepping over the line of rudeness to me.
It gets on my nerves when some papers or people criticize one or another princess on either being too skinny and anorexic or too fat,it sounds they surely know everything ,when they do not really know anything
Old 06-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
It gets on my nerves when some papers or people criticize one or another princess on either being too skinny and anorexic or too fat,it sounds they surely know everything ,when they do not really know anything
You know, it's idiots like those who participate in such criticism that cause people (famous or not) to have body image issues. Our society is obsessed with people being thin, but when someone gets 'too thin', all of a sudden the person is anorexic or what have you. It's disgusting. Media needs to acknowledge the fact that we're all built differently, and can't always measure up to the ridiculous standards.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:13 AM
Courtier

Oh they are just too many...

- Diana being pregnant when she died
- Elena & Cristina hating Letizia
- Camilla intriguing against Kate
- Madeleine being pushed by her parents to break her engagement
- series of articles in german tabloids that Madeleine & William were dating, almost getting married, I think they were sued for this ones
- and basically anything the german tabloids write is either amusing or annoying, depends how far they get with it
Old 06-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Commoner

Annoying: Prince Harry is Hewitts son!

You can totally see how Harry resembles Charles and Philipp. And it´s offensive against Diana.