The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
What bothers me are the really offensive ones- like Leonor having some sort of disease (she has a birthmark. That's it!), Princess Letizia being anorexic, Princess Masako hating Princess Kiko for having a boy, or when they are about why Princess Masako hasn't had another baby. When the rumors are just really mean spirited and not true, and especcially ones that are nobody's business, those bother me.
I'm more annoyed when people take rumors as fact, and don't back them up. I don't want to be lame, but I just can't say it enough, people: consider the source!!!!! If your "big news" comes from a supermarket tabloid, then... you may want to question that. For example, if a royal lady seems to have put on a little weight, it doesn't mean she's pregnant- she may have just neglected her sit-ups. :)

But then again, I may be a bit of a skeptic (a skeptic crossed with a hopeless romantic- how odd). As much as I want Mette-Marit/Matilde/Sophie/Aimee/whoever to be pregnant, I'll wait until we know- either the palace will announce it or she'll give birth, one or the other.....: )

Awww, LadyK! I believed to be the only one in the whole world being " a skeptic crossed with a hopeless romantic")! I'm one of these weird creatures too!! :w00t2:

I agree 100% with your posty and I always said the same than you to people: consider the source! We are twin souls!

Vanesa.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher
I read that too, but Carl Philip was just a baby, it's not like he was aware that he was "destined to be king." You wonder why nobody worries about the elder daughter and rightful heir who is to be passed over in favor of her younger brother because of some archaic law. I would think parents would love and value all of their children the same, and wouldn't have a preference as to which one inherited.
I think the point was, that Carl Gustav and Sylvia probably realized how much more a woman has to give up to be reigning monarch than a man, and were concerned for their daughter just as much as for their son!

Old 11-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Well there are rumours that are annoying and funny the same time:
the Pregnancy rumors.
When I read: Princess is Pregnant (mostly it's Mary, Máxima, Mette or letizia) it is just annoying... I wonder how often Máxima has been pregnant.... I think it must be 70 times now
Well, then I read the storys, why the gossip magazines think the Princesses are preagnant, and I just have to start laughing... Their storys are just too funny...

Old 11-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Gentry

the ones that get me the most are the ones that claim a royal is gay. They don't know the royals personaly, so how dare they make such a personal claim with no proof.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 AM
Courtier

I think the gay rumours are pretty sad.

Even after having 'officially' fathered two children, Prince Albert (II) of Monaco is still called gay--and that his children are 'covers' so he can avoid marrying and pass off the throne to his older sister and her children in twenty years. :eyeroll:

I wonder how many Royals have truly been gay and were forced to hide it by marriage or other means. That to me would be worse than some tabloid claiming a Royal was gay merely because they hadn't yet married by a certain age (which is often the case now).

Ann
Old 11-29-2006, 05:54 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well said Suonymona. Over 10% of a population is gay, which means that statistically we would have some closetcases with our dear royals :) Of course, if they want to keep it private that should be respected.

I think in the old days it was easier to keep that part of your life secret from the general public, as the press was less intruisive, but these days it must be difficult for them (though to be open about it might not be so bad either, but that should be their own decision).
Old 11-29-2006, 06:52 AM
Serene Highness

The rumour that stephanie was driving the car and dont princess grace , when she died , that must of been so hurtfull to Stephanie!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:16 AM
Courtier

I hate the press/media kept on saying that prince Albert would get married because he is dating a young woman named Charlene now that's not true.
Anymore because Albert said he would not marry in the present or future on Abc morning news I am happy he said now he felt about all of these marriage rumors.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 12-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Gentry

Love the title of this thread.

It’s all gossip and most likely not confirmable. People shouldn’t take this thread so seriously. It’s so easy and entertaining to talk about others particularly when the commentator is anonymous. This includes me.

A person's sexuality is largely a non issue at least in Europe. If a gay royal has to produce an heir, it will be done as it has been done for 1000s of years.

As for Letizia, you don’t have to be a doctor to notice that another is unusually thin. Princess Victoria was hounded by the same rumors? Today she looks healthier. Not to be disrespectful, but is we ever so Letizia in a bikini or some other state of undress, there would be no further debate on the matter. I really wish she would get some help or continue with her recovery if unbeknownst to us she is doing so. In an age when weight is such an issue, in recovery she might serve as a royal model for young women struggling with eating/weight issues. I truly wish her the best.

Heard that Earl Spencer got the pulp beaten out of him by one of his best friends when he found out some 10 years later that ES had groped his wife. Head it still hurts ES when he chews.

Heard that the twins born to Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia and Princess Maria da Gloria of Orléans Braganza were fathered by someone else?

Heard that the twins born Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia and Princess Maria Pia of Bourbon-Parma were also fathered by someone else?

Any information on the cross dressing, dope trafficking Saudi princess?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Weirdest stories you've heard about Máxima / WA

The idea of this thread started when a workmate mentioned that Máxima and Willem - Alexander did not meet in Sevilla (and the story we all know). She claimed that Máxima was actually in charge of administrating one of the (various) bank accounts that WA had, one of them in the Deutsche Bank of NY of course. So apparently and according to her, she met him through a 'professional relationship' and not while dancing in the streets of Sevilla.

Like this one, I've heard various (and WEIRD, or at least really different) stories (not to call them 'gossip', 'rumours' or simply 'crap') on Máxima and the Prince.

Since most of the threads are intended to contain posts with proven facts and not speculation, rumours or 'crap', well I just want to have one in which we can actually tell what we've heard/seen/found about them, just for fun!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

that Maxima did not lie when she said she believed her father when he said that he had no idea about the human atrocities that happened during the Videla regime
Old 08-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima View Post
Really!!
Well, this workmate also mentioned that Beatrix owned the 'patent of chewing gum' ... so you can evaluate the trustworthiness of the source ...
Old 08-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
A rumour that drives me nuts is the one saying that upon the Queen and the Duke od Edimbourg's deaths, the infamous Sarah Ferguson would re-marry Prince Andrew. AWWWWWWW
I actually have wished this would happen for awhile. I think that they are one another's soul mates. I don't understand the Duke of Edinburgh's deep antipathy toward her. She didn't do anything worse during her marriage than Diana did.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
The rumour that stephanie was driving the car and dont princess grace , when she died , that must of been so hurtfull to Stephanie!

That one is not only annoying it is cruel and stupid!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Nobility

the rumors that annoy me the most are the marriage and pregnacy rumors regarding royal couples, It annoys me because you really want to be real or to finally announce, but have to wait...

the rumors that amuses me is Royal plastic surgary...who had it and who didn't. It make me laugh sometimes
Old 08-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

We are discussing this fact at the "Monaco" Forum. I think that even if it was a rumor, this is an interesting issue to analyze. When you saids that something is a stupid you are closing all the possibilities of discussions about it. When a rumor starts, we must deny it demosntrating it is fake: if not, people will keep talking about it, and gossip could go so big as a snowball when running over the snow.

Vanesa.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I really disliked reading some gossips about Diana's lovers. It's all this stuff that in the end made her even more depressed. Every man she was in love with would eventually run away or betray her because the fame and the press were too overwhelming for their relationships. Still today, some don't seem to understand that they are as or even more responsible as Charles for her sadness. For that, I'm happy the Hewitt affair stayed away from all this at least for 5 years.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Nowadays, royalty aren't that different from celebrities. They use the press as much as the press using them. In some ways, royals are competing with the celebrities for column space. It's been more and more of no-publicity-is-bad-publicity nowadays. If the rumors/news were of disparaging type, there isn't the sense of shame as previous generation.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Serene Highness

I can't stand the rumor that Princess Aiko is intellectually defective. Just because she is female and conservatives want to stop any action to make her Empress, it's not necessary to malign a little girl.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Serene Highness

How true! How stupid, and even mean, to treat a child that way!