The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2019, 04:56 PM
Commoner

Royal predictions for 2020

It's time for your Royal 2020 predictions! From today this thread will be open and you'll be able to express your minds and share your thoughts or simply wishes for royal families in 2020. I hope you all have lots of fun here!

Old 11-30-2019, 06:31 AM
Royal Highness

Without going as far as a prediction, I would not be surprised by an engagement in the Norwegian royal family in 2020.

While it was announced two years ago that the marriage of Princess Mako and Kei Komuro would be postponed to 2020, I am unfortunately not expecting a wedding in 2020, as the former's father remains unbending, the latter will be studying in America until 2021, and both the Crown Prince's investiture and the Olympics will be held in Japan next year.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:00 AM
Majesty

Wedding and a later a wedding party lasts only one day; Kei's studies, investiture and preparations for Olympic Games are not an obstacle.

I hope that love wins!
Old 11-30-2019, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Without going as far as a prediction, I would not be surprised by an engagement in the Norwegian royal family in 2020.

The children of Haakon and Martha are still quite Young… do you mean Marius ?
Old 11-30-2019, 08:31 AM
Serene Highness

A baby for the Leiningen couple.
Some weddings: Theodora of Greece, Raiyah of Jordan, Beatrice of York, but that is hardly a prediction

So 2020 will be a kind of a gap year
Old 11-30-2019, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
The children of Haakon and Martha are still quite Young… do you mean Marius ?
Why not Märtha Louise and her shaman?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:41 AM
Majesty

I guessed at once that Tatiana Maria had Martha-Louise and Durek Verrett in mind.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Why not Märtha Louise and her shaman?
Oh yes ! You are right of course there could be…. now I Wonder I if the wedding would be televised
Old 11-30-2019, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

My predictions are as follows:

United Kingdom:
The Dukes of Cambridge await their fourth son.
The Dukes of Sussex await their second son.
Queen Elizabeth II passes more tasks to the Prince of Wales (but does not abdicate).
Princess Eugenie expects her first child.

Luxembourg:
Engagement announcement from Princess Alexandra or Prince Sebastien.
Guillaume and Stephanie announce that they are expecting their first child.

Monaco:
Albert and Charlene announce that they are expecting their third child.

Spain:
Princess Leonor participates in even more official acts.
More state visits to the Kings of Spain (possible state visit to Luxembourg and state visit to Denmark).

Belgium:
Princess Elisabeth has her first tiara event and appears in more official acts.

Netherlands:
Princess Catharina Amalia finally has more official acts.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Netherlands:
I believe that the Dutch court have been very clear in that Princess Catharina Amalia won't perform any public engagements of her own before she turns 18.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post

United Kingdom:
The Dukes of Cambridge await their fourth son.
The Dukes of Sussex await their second son.
Queen Elizabeth II passes more tasks to the Prince of Wales (but does not abdicate).
Princess Eugenie expects her first child.

Luxembourg:
Engagement announcement from Princess Alexandra or Prince Sebastien.
Guillaume and Stephanie announce that they are expecting their first child.

Monaco:
Albert and Charlene announce that they are expecting their third child.

Spain:
Princess Leonor participates in even more official acts.
More state visits to the Kings of Spain (possible state visit to Luxembourg and state visit to Denmark).

Belgium:
Princess Elisabeth has her first tiara event and appears in more official acts.

Netherlands:
I love all your predictions - they are all such happy thoughts.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:59 PM
Commoner

Here are my predictions:

United Kingdom:
• The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will undertake more public duties, I also think there will be two completely different tours for them next year.
• The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will get pregnant again. A second son will be born for them.
• Eugenie will announce her first pregnancy.
• Queen Elizabeth II will pass more patronages to Prince Charles and Prince William.
• Princess Beatrice will marry her boyfriend sometime mid-spring/late-summer and Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will serve as pageboys and flowergirl.
• We will see more of the Cambridge kiddos.
• Archie will celebrate his first birthday and we will get the cutest photos of him.

Sweden:
• Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia will announce their third and last pregnancy. Another son will be born in the second half of the year.
• Princess Madeleine will completely dissapear from Royal Duties. We will only see her for the celebrations of Victoria's birthday or Nobel Prize.
• Prince Oscar will start going to preschool.
• Nothing new for other members of the Royal Family.

Spain:
• Princess Leonor will make more public appearances with her parents.

Luxembourg:
• Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa will host a pompastic gala dinner for their 20th anniversary of accession to the throne. Royal Families from around the world will attend it and will bring their most glittering gowns and tiaras along with them.
• Prince Felix and Princess Claire will announce their third pregnancy. Twins (still hoping for them haha) will be born in the end of the year. If not twins, then a little girl named Liliane will join the family.
• Either Princess Alexandra or Prince Sebastien will announce engagement following a wedding in 2021.
• All members of the Royal Family will attend National Day celebrations.
• Princess Marie-Gabrielle of Nassau will get pregnant with her second child. She will welcome a baby sister for her son Zeno.
• We will see Prince Louis with his new French girlfriend in a gossip magazine.

Monaco:
• Beatrice Borromeo will get pregnant with a daughter.
• Marie Ducruet will announce her first pregnancy.
• Charlotte Casiraghi will get a third son and will give him a strange name.
• All Monaco cuties will attend National Day celebrations, like every year .

Belgium:
• We will get to see Princess Elisabeth with her first tiara.
• The King and Queen will make lots of state visits to other countries.

Hannover:
• Prince Christian and Princess Alessandra will welcome a son in the end of the year.

Habsbourg:
• Kathleen will finally get pregnant with a son. She and Imre will name him Karl.

That's it for now. If anything comes to my mind I will definitely share it. :)
Old 11-30-2019, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness

UK

-Eugenie and Jack expect their first child
-The Sussexes spend at least half the year living/traveling aboard
-Zara tries to make the olympic team but is unsuccessful.
-One of the Queen's grandchildren will have marriage problems and by the end of the year a separation will be unofficially confirmed by the media.
-Beatrice doesn't marry until the second half of the year, waiting for the York media furor to die down.
-The Queen has more photo-ops with Andrew in a private setting to show her support to him. Though he will remain MIA from official duties.
-The Yorks wil hype up Andrew-Fergie romance rumors to counterattack the view that he is attracted to teen girls.
- The royal family will work hard to put a spotlight on the good work of Anne and the Wessexes to show their worth and value. And to distinguish them as a separate entity from Andrew, show that some younger sibs can be helpful to the BRF.

Monaco

-pregnancy for Beatrice and Pierre
-pregnancy for Louis and Marie
-engagement for Jazmin and Ian.
-The media will start speculating engagement rumors for Alexandra. But she and her boyfriend won't get engaged in 2020.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:07 PM
Royal Highness

Hmm. This double posted for some reason...

So with this extra post I'll say I hope AmaliaCharlotte is right about Luxembourg.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

My 2cts (I'm notoriously bad at predictions though )

Belgium
- P.Elisabeth joins in one or two official representations
- During the year it seems a statement will be issued in the Delphine Boël case, but the statement does not answer any questions and the matter only drags on

GB
- P.Eugenie announces pregnancy
- (well and P.Beatrice gets married but that's not much of prediction )
- Downfall of P.Andrew continues and eventually leads to him laying down all official ranks and representation and in the end virtually ends up a private citizen, this turns out to have a positive side as well, at the end of the year it turns out that Fergie and him have remarried in a private ceremony with just the two of them and their daughters
- Sussexes announce another pregnancy

NL
- no noteworthy change whatsoever
- somewhere during the year an article surfaces in the media trying to stir up discussions about the royal family's wealth and spending; it has no effect (this is pretty much a tradition )

Monaco
- No Casiraghi pregnancies this year
- P.Stephanie and Caroline and their children continue to support P.Albert and join in a couple of engagements each
- Dynamic between P.Albert and P.Charlene does not change but P.Charlene has a bit more free time on her hands with the twins growing up and going to school to spend on her foundation and causes

Norway
- Relationship between P.Märthe-Louise and Shaman Durek leads to rumours they are going to get married or already are, these are be countered with instagram posts that they are 'spiritually married', everything else is left to the imagination, leading to more speculations
Old 12-01-2019, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post

Monaco
P.Charlene does not change but P.Charlene has a bit more free time on her hands
Princess Charlene having even more free time is my favourite prediction so far

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 12-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

^I predict Prince Albert concludes a divorce is in order [having all the legitimate heirs he might need].
Old 12-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Majesty

The UK
HM The Queen will announce a regency with HRH The Prince of Wales acting as The Prince-Regent

Luxembourg
TRH The Hereditary Grand-Duke and - Duchess will announce to be in blessed circumstances

Monaco
HSH The Princess will temporarily retire from public life

The Netherlands
HRH The Princess of Orange will perform her first official duty

Prussia/Russia
HRH Prince Georg of Prussia ("Georgy Mikhailovich Romanov, Grand-Prince of Russia") will announce his engagement to Donna Rebecca Bettarini.

Romania
Mr Nicholas Medforth-Mills and his mother HRH Princess Elena take the first steps to a normalisation of their strained relationship. This makes his aunt HRH Princess Margareta happy to re-warm the ties with her nephew.

Norway
Princess Märtha Louise will end her relationship with the "shaman"
Old 12-01-2019, 01:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I believe that the Dutch court have been very clear in that Princess Catharina Amalia won't perform any public engagements of her own before she turns 18.
Not on her own, but I can see her baptizing a ship or opening a new building in the presence of her parents. Her father did the same before he became 18.

"I baptize you 'The Princess of Orange' and wish you Godspeed and fair winds!"

Bam! (champagne smashing)
Old 12-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

I predict both Duchess Kate and Duchess Meghan will announce pregnancies. Beyond that I don't know.