Which Royal Life Would You Like Turned Into A Movie?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to see a film made on the life of the Russian Tsar Alexander II, 'the Liberator'. His life, both private and public, was full of fascinating incidents, including his freeing of the serfs, the romances with his wives, both legitimate and morganatic and his terrible assassination by terrorist bomb.

I own the biography of his life by the amazing Edvard Radzinski. I have also read "Wife Before God" about his scandalous affair and marriage to the much younger Katia Dolgoruka.

Yes. Definitely a film that needs to be made.;)

I would love to see a movie about Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands. Her life is truly interesting. Her parents wedding and love story, how she became Queen at age 10 even though she had brothers (they all died), then her marriage and struggle to conceive a child. Her life during WWI and WWII, the Dutch economic crisis, and her wealth since she became the first billionaire woman.

I would love to see a movie About Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden. There are so many movies that have been made about the British Royal Family that it would be nice if they did a movie about other royals other than British. Don't get me wrong, I like British royalty but a story about another royal household would be nice.

Netflix needs to produce a series on the fascinating life of Prince William of Gloucester, and his love story with Zsuzsi Starkloff! There's a documentary available on YouTube (The Other Prince William). Now a definitive biography and a Netflix series are needed.

In addition, the long ago romance between Kathleen (Kick) Kennedy and Billy Hartington, heir to the Duke of Devonshire title (a member of the famous Cavendish family) would make a great series on one of the streaming platforms. There are a couple of very well written recent biographies of Kick which are must reading if you enjoy British nobility history and culture, especially from the standpoint of a sparkling, fearless American girl who grew up in the famous Kennedy family (America's royal family). I'm calling for Amy Adams and Benedict Cumberbatch to be contracted for the starring roles!!!

I would love to see a movie about Max and Angela of Liechtenstein or just the Princely House itself. So many secrets.

This would be great. But it probably won't happen unless some enterprising filmmaker got hooked on their story. Honestly, few people even know about their courtship and marriage! Not much is known about their lives either. Their son, Prince Alfons, did not appear in public photographs from the age of 6 or 7 until the age of 15; at least I can't find any evidence of public photos taken of him over that period.

The Liechtensteins are such a low-key, under-the-radar princely family of Europe. That's their MO. And it's historically probably how this legendary dynasty, which was built on ancient banking wealth, survived the ups-and-downs of Europe's political upheavals and wars over the centuries.

I would like to see a film about the love story of Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit.
I would also like to see a film about the life of Queen Maria II of Portugal, she had a very interesting life.
I would also like to see a film about the life of King Manuel II of Portugal and about Queen Amélia of Orléans, who was queen consort of Portugal.
I would also love to see a film about the history of King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway.
A film about Emperor Karl I of Austria and Zita of Bourbon-Parma would also be interesting.

Last edited:
This would be great. But it probably won't happen unless some enterprising filmmaker got hooked on their story. Honestly, few people even know about their courtship and marriage! Not much is known about their lives either. Their son, Prince Alfons, did not appear in public photographs from the age of 6 or 7 until the age of 15; at least I can't find any evidence of public photos taken of him over that period.

The Liechtensteins are such a low-key, under-the-radar princely family of Europe. That's their MO. And it's historically probably how this legendary dynasty, which was built on ancient banking wealth, survived the ups-and-downs of Europe's political upheavals and wars over the centuries.

Are they respected among European royalty?

I would like to see a movie on Princess Elizabeth of Hesse and by Rhine, who became Grand Duchess Elizabeth of Russia.

I would like the truth to come out about Royals who are long dead.

History of Pahlavi Dynasty since the birth of Reza Khan.

I own the biography of his life by the amazing Edvard Radzinski. I have also read "Wife Before God" about his scandalous affair and marriage to the much younger Katia Dolgoruka.

Yes. Definitely a film that needs to be made.;)

There was a movie made. "Katia". Romy Schneider, no less. Although perhaps it could use a modern one as well.

Back
Top Bottom