The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I'd love that too! Isabella was a real character and certainly lived an eventful life.

I'd really like a film on Marguerite of Navare. In fact, I'd love a film on either ladies known under the name (one was Francis I's sister, the other - Henry II's daughter, sister to Francis II, Charles IX and Henry III, and wife to Henry IV). I know the latter lady has been popularised in Dumas work but I think I would prefer something more factual and involving a larger segment of her life.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Majesty

I would like to see a very tasteful movie about Their Majesties George V & Queen Mary. I also hope a tasteful movie will be done on Elizabeth II life at some point in the future, perhaps after she passed on.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Serene Highness

Most of the movies that I've seen about royals have primarily been the British Royal Family. It would be interesting if a series of movies were done on other royal households. A series called the Royal Households of the World which would feature various royal households or their history. It would be interesting to me, at least. Can't say that this would be the same for the American public in general.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I would like to see a very tasteful movie about Their Majesties George V & Queen Mary. I also hope a tasteful movie will be done on Elizabeth II life at some point in the future, perhaps after she passed on.
I feel like The Queen did a pretty fantastic job with parts of her life already.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that a movie about Britain's Queen Mary told from her point of view would be interesting. She had a fascinating, though sorrowful, life.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Nobility

Queen Mary's life would take a mini-series. She when from her husband's grandmother was queen to her grand daughter being queen. Oh, and an abdication.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Margaret of Scotland. Her father was exiled from Britain and she was raised in Hungary, with her mother being a daughter of the "Holy Roman Emperor." Her family tried to return to England but they were forced away, and sailed on a ship which winds blew to Scotland, where she met the King, Malcolm (this was just after the time of MacBeth, Shakespeare's scoundrel). Margaret introduced customs of the European church to Scotland and was declared a saint of the Catholic Church. She had six sons, and died a few weeks after her husband Malcolm was killed in battle. Her son became King David I of Scotland, who invited the family which became the Stuart kings to settle in Scotland, after they fought on the wrong side of a dynastic battle in England.
This would be about as murderous and swashbuckling as any Tudor drama from a later period.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Nobility

I would like see movie about Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

I'd love that too! Isabella was a real character and certainly lived an eventful life.
Isabella the She Wolf of France pops up in the new Mini Series 'World Without End',which is a sequel to the Pillars of the Earth.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

I would love to see a film about Richard III of England. I know that there are many versions of Shakespeare's Richard III, but that play is very much anti-Richard and I would like something less biased or even pro-Richard filmed, for example "The Sunne in Splendour" by Sharon Kay Penman, especially now when archeologists might have found the remains of Richard.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

For living royals, I'd like to see a film about:

1. Mette- Marit and Haakon
2. Princess Caroline of Monaco
3. King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

For deceased royals, I'd like to see a film about:

1. Mary I of England
2. Princess Victoria of Saxe- Coburg Saalfeld
3. George VI and The Queen Mother's engagement and wedding
Old 12-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Nobility

Elizabeth the Queen Mother.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Commoner

I think Haakon and Mette-Marit's story is so interesting and lovely. I'd totally go see a film about their love story.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Courtier

I would love to see a movie about the courageous efforts of King Olav and King Haakon during WWII.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Commoner

I would love one about he Faberge Sisters...
Dagmar, Alexandra and Thyra of Denmark
Maria Carolina of Naples
Helen of Greece and Denmark
Queen Sofia of Spain
Queen Ena of Spain
Old 04-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Courtier

in the past : sultan mehmed (emperorer of constantinopolis) and Suleiman the great both ottoman sultans
farah dibas live is very interesting too or queen victoria :)
From today i think queen sophia
Old 04-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

For Queen Victoria we have The Young Victoria (I really liked it, but it was about Victoria's childhood until Coronation, so a sequel needs to be made about her life as Queen).

I would definately want a Queen Willhelmina live adaptation, her history fascinates me, all the process about how she became Queen, her marriage life, her dificulties with pregnancy, her hardships through the World Wars and her love and strong duty for her country. Lots happened to her on her lifetime.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
For Queen Victoria we have The Young Victoria (I really liked it, but it was about Victoria's childhood until Coronation, so a sequel needs to be made about her life as Queen).
There's Victoria the Great and Sixty Glorious Years, where Victoria is portrayed by Anna Neagle, Mrs. Brown, where she's played by Judi Dench.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancakli70 View Post
in the past : sultan mehmed (emperorer of constantinopolis) and Suleiman the great both ottoman sultans
farah dibas live is very interesting too or queen victoria :)
From today i think queen sophia
there is movie about sultan mehmed and conquest of Contantinople.
Fetih 1453 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also TV series about sultan suleiman's life.
Muhte
It is very popular.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
There's Victoria the Great and Sixty Glorious Years, where Victoria is portrayed by Anna Neagle, Mrs. Brown, where she's played by Judi Dench.
And "Victoria and Albert" where the main protagonists are played by Victoria Hamilton and Jonathan Firth (brother of Colin Firth)

I saw the film and it was lovely!