The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
I Found this today regarding a movie on Queen Victoria palyed by Emily Blunt- looks great! Her resemblance to a young Queen Victoria is striking to me! What do you all think?

FIRST LOOK: Emily Blunt as Teen Queen Victoria - Movie News, Emily Blunt : People.com
I've seen this film and have the dvd it is amazing.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
The love story of Harald and Sonja would be really some romantic stuff for a movie
Totally agree. Seriously, why hasn't a movie been made or a novel been written?

Old 10-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It would be great to watch a well done movie like "Elizabeth" or "The young Victoria" about King George V. and Queen Mary some day. And although there are a few existing it would be very nice to see another cine film about the last Romanovs.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Aristocracy

I would like to see HM Queen Elizabeth II's life be filmed
and the history of Haakon and mette
Old 08-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Nobility

I would love to see the life of Queen Astrid of Belgium filmed - she is so fascinating partly unfortunately due to her early death.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Serene Highness

I would love to see a movie made about the courtship and marriage of CP Victoria and her husband Prince Daniel. Most of the movies I've seen have been about have been either British or Russian royalty Princess Diana, Henry VIII, Queen Elizabeth I, Peter and Catherine the Great. I don't recall ever seeing a movie on Swedish Royalty and this movie would be very uplifting and positive.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, of course - just if the time goes by, and they will experience even more in their life

Another interesting life is King Carl Gustav's, (Victoria's father's) life. Lost his father at the age of 1 in a plane crash, raised by several overprotective women to become the king one day... wanted to be a farmer, really, but ended up to be what he was meant to be - the king of Sweden - at the age of 27 only. And had a beautiful wife and children.
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Nobility

If you want a movie that is a big hit then you need drama with twists and surprises. Royal lives are best for a miniseries.

Joseph Bernadotter aka Charlex XIV Johan had a intressting life. From rags to riches.

Daniel and Victorias lovestory would make a great lovefilm. Lets say its one made of those. Who do you think should play Daniel and who should play Victoria. Remember that its supposed to be liveaction and not a cartoon, otherwise we have Daniels look a like ready, Boxerrobert

Trouble is that i dont see many Hollywoodactors that look like anyone of those two.

Otherwise, Diana would make a fine movie. Start it in the church when she marries Charles and end it with her getting into the infamous car and play Elton Johns song in the end
Old 08-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Daniel and Victorias lovestory would make a great lovefilm. Lets say its one made of those. Who do you think should play Daniel and who should play Victoria. Remember that its supposed to be liveaction and not a cartoon, otherwise we have Daniels look a like ready, Boxerrobert

Trouble is that i dont see many Hollywoodactors that look like anyone of those two.
I would like to see one of my favourite actors, Toby Stephens from England playing Daniel. He is quite a multi-face and a brilliant actor.
hollywood.com
BBC
This is London
Old 08-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Commoner

Film on the Queen Mother

I think the novel by William Showcross could be made into a decent film about Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother. Her life as a child all the way to her death. Her life in the royal family, watching her daughter take the throne at such a young age. And what she really thought about her grandchildren's marital problems. I think it could win a Academy Award if they get the right person to play her. I would love to see this adapted into a film one day.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I would like to see one of my favourite actors, Toby Stephens from England playing Daniel. He is quite a multi-face and a brilliant actor.
hollywood.com
BBC
This is London
He was great as Mr Rochester in Jane Eyre!

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Gentry

Personally, I think it would be great to see in film any of the crown princely couplesī love stories. They would be very entertaining indeed! Haakon and Mette-Maritīs would be a true cinderella story (ultra modern though...hehe).

Also, I would like to see a film featuring the different paths of life of the three Danish sisters: Margrethe, Benedikte and Anne-Marie.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Wouldn't it be interesting if they did a movie about Queen Elizabeth when as a child she found out she was going to be Queen of England someday. This wasn't expected when she was born. What were her feelings as this must have been shocking news to her. The movie would start there and then end when she's crowned Queen of England.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJenni View Post
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, of course - just if the time goes by, and they will experience even more in their life

Another interesting life is King Carl Gustav's, (Victoria's father's) life. Lost his father at the age of 1 in a plane crash, raised by several overprotective women to become the king one day... wanted to be a farmer, really, but ended up to be what he was meant to be - the king of Sweden - at the age of 27 only. And had a beautiful wife and children.
Yes, yes, I support: and I have two candidates to play in such a film:

Sandra Bullock as Queen Silvia
Ashton Kutcher as Prince Carl Phillip

Another ones I would like to see filmed:
The Norwegian Royal Family,
The Dutch one,
The Luxembourgish one

The life of:
King Hussein bin Talal
Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi

From historic one I would like too see filmed the life of the Holy Couple: Emperor Karl & Empress Zita (with Nathalie Portman as Zita)

And the ups and downs of the Nepalese Royal Family could be interesting...
Old 11-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Serene Highness

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Queen Margrethe of Denmark
Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit
Old 11-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria and Daniel!
It would such a lovely story.
Haakon and Mette Marit would be very interesting to see, too.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Majesty

maybe king and queen of greece
royals they met married young got to be king and queen and fled the contry
Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would like to see a decent film about Diana; the ones that have been made are just awful!
But I would want to see a quality film, like The Queen, or The King's Speech.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I would like to see a decent film about Diana; the ones that have been made are just awful!
But I would want to see a quality film, like The Queen, or The King's Speech.
Last year I read that this year could be released a Hollywood movie about Diana
Old 05-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness

a film about late Queen Wilhelmina of The Netherlands would be so epic.
as her father had lots of sons and heirs and they all died, who made her heir presumptive. and about her reign, the dificult times of the 2 World Wars, the problems of having children, miscarriages, and only one daughter. but still she became one of the greatest Queens of The Netherlands.

this would made a great movie!!! enough with the british, its time for other monarchies to shine in hollywood