The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

the maktoums of dubai.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Apparently a movie on Diana is going to be made, with Scarlett Johansson in the main role. Sounds promising for a film on the Princess. :

Scarlett Johansson's Diana role

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 02-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

The Duke and Duchess of Windsor, the psychologies of both, families, times, conflicts, drama, and as true to facts as possible.

I do not see Scarlet Johansson as Diana. The role should be for a tall and elegant british girl.

A realistic movie about Sissie, her real life and conflicts. I enjoyed very much the romantic saga when I was a teen, but those were just teen movies.

The Romanov family. I think the superstition of the mother influenced negatively the whole family, psycologies, times, etc., and again as true to facts as possible.

A romantic fictional movie about the sisters Elizabeth and Margaret had they not need to take the lead, in the case their uncle married properly and had children. Two beautiful royal-blood girls. Queen Elizabeth have many admirers of her generation that found her more attractive than her beautiful sister, a great body that was slim for a long time after the children. Probably, for instance, their father had lived a longer life, without all the stress of the war being a king.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Courtier

I would like to see a movie about Emperor Karl and Empress Zita of Austria.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy

A T.V. series on the Mitford sisters. In France they are running a documental about them.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Courtier

A movie on Victoria of Sweden or Maxima (when they already become Queen and Queen Consort, respectively)
Old 02-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
Apparently a movie on Diana is going to be made, with Scarlett Johansson in the main role. Sounds promising for a film on the Princess. :

Scarlett Johansson's Diana role
OMG Finally, but with Scarlett Johansson, they should've chose an unknown actress to play the Princess of Wales.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
OMG Finally, but with Scarlett Johansson, they should've chosen an unknown actress to play the Princess of Wales.
I agree. Although, I'm sure she'll do a great job. She's an amazing actress, in particular in Girl with a Pearl Earring.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 02-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes Scarlett is a great actress hopefully she will do a good, she's also a very nice person my mother met her and her father.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

My thing with Scarlett Johanson are those huge lips! I cant seem to pay any attention to what she's actually saying because the size of them distracts me so much! Although, if like many actresses these days she is augmenting them with injectables, she could stop a few months before filming and them might look more like Diana. I think a well done movie like 'The Queen', about Diana's life would be very interesting.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Scarlett's lips I think are natural, she had those lips since she was a teenager. I'm still surprised that she is going to play Diana.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Aristocracy

Although there are so many great stories amongst the living royals, I'm not sure I'd like to see a movie about anyone still living. Even someone like Princess Grace, although no longer living, still seems too "recent" for a movie to be made now. Maybe in a few years time. And much more time is needed, in my opinion, before I'd personally want to see a movie about Diana, Princess of Wales.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Nobility

Hmmm....royals I'd like to see films about?

*Frederick and Mary of Denmark
*Autumn and Peter Phillips
*Haakon and Mette-Marit of Norway

---These next few aren't recent, but I think they'd still make interesting feature films:
*George, Duke of Kent and Marina of Greece
*George V and Queen Mary
*Alexander III and Maria Feodorovna of Russia
*Victoria, Princess Royal and Frederick III of Prussia*** (indefinately!!)
*Queen Victoria and Prince Albert (one focusing more on their family life w/the children)
*Ludwig IV and Alice of Hesse (Empress Alexandra's parents)
*Irene of Hesse and Henry of Prussia
*Helen of Greece and Carol of Romania
*Sophie of Prussia and Tino of Greece

...that's all I can think of for now.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Royal Highness

The Crown Prince & Princess of Denmark! And can they spend some time in her closet? I'd love to see what it looks like.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Gentry

I'd like to see a movie about monaco royal family.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Nobility

I would like to see a movie about Haakon and Mette-Marit and one about the Luxembourg royals, Maria Teresa, Henri, and JC in particular. I think that would make a great movie.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Aristocracy

What I would like to see as far as a Royal Movie goes, Is a movie about My direct ancestor is King Canute The Great Of Denmark. And also a Movie about King Canute The Great's ancestor Odin And Thor Of Asgard. Which Through King Canute The Great, I'm also related to Odin And Thor Of Asgard way way back in history. In my opinion I think these would be Blockbuster Hits and be Remembered for years to come.

http://deltaboogie.com/deltamusicians/hawkinsr/
Read the story before the hawk flew by part IV
http://www.surnameweb.org/cornett/surname-origin.htm

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames....41.989/mb.ashx

here is another link http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bi...nett::659.html
Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

A movie about Grace Kelly would be fantastic

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 03-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Aristocracy

Current Royals:

Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary - I definitely think this will be done in the future, but probably not until Frederik becomes king.

Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling

Historical Royals:

King Christian IX

King Edward VII & Queen Alexandra of England

King Leopold III & Queen Astrid of Belgium - It's such a sad and tragic story.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:36 AM
Nobility

The first who comes to mind would be Prince Felix zu Salm-Salm. After serving in the military in Europe, the Prussian war against Denmark I think, he went to America, married a very vivacious red-head, fought for the U.S. in the civil war, went to Mexico afterwards and fought for Emperor Maximilian at his last stand after which he was locked up. His wife moved heaven and earth to free him, even tried to seduce a Mexican officer, he got released and then went on to fight in the Franco-Prussian War. One of the last princely soldiers of fortune, I think his life would make for a very interesting film.

Building on a work already done ("Kingdom of Heaven") I think a movie about the leper King Baldwin IV of Jerusalem would be very entertaining and inspirational. A teenage leperous king defeats the greatest military champion in the Islamic world -talk about not letting the difficulties of life get in your way!