The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Nobility

Queens Wilhelmina, Juliana and Beatrix of the Netherlands and Queen Salote of Tonga. All great monarchs and great personalities.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I think a film on the Shah of Iran would be interesting; although it would be important to maintain neutrality.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Nobility

I would like to see a film of the royal family of Greece.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Nobility

I'd love to see a movie about Queen Paola. Also one about Caroline of Monaco. And one about Astrid/Leopold/Liliane would be enthralling, I'm sure. Oh, and Stephanie of Belgium too!
Old 11-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Nobility

I'd like to see one about Mary Donaldson and her courtship...and one that leaves plenty of room for multi-layered interpretations of her motives...

(no doubt, I'll get beat about the head for this veiled criticism! )

I wouldn't be surprised if some television interests in Australia were already kicking this one around the proverbial office.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Courtier

Since it seems to be a mystery as to how they met and how long they dated, I would love to see a story done on Mathilde and Philip. (I know I spelled their names wrong, I always do, but you guys know who I mean! )
Old 11-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Mette-Marit and Haakon's story is something I would believe would make a great movie.

Maxima and W-A would be another interesting story to watch.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
Since it seems to be a mystery as to how they met and how long they dated, I would love to see a story done on Mathilde and Philip. (I know I spelled their names wrong, I always do, but you guys know who I mean! )
I would love to see who they would have play Mathilde. I actually want to see a movie made about the entire family. King Leopold & Queen Astrid King Albert & Queen Paola and their children and grandchildren.

But the family is so private that the chances of a movie of any kind being made about them are incredibly slim. But hey you can always dream
Old 07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Royal Highness

There are so many great stories of royals out there!

*Mette-Marit's life could be made into a Lifetime movie... it's Lifetime material I think, both love and loss, and they could add the sappy stuff.

*The Iranian royals just as the monarchy was falling apart would be very interesting to watch.

*Another Lifetime movie, Noor and Hussein of Jordan!

*Princess Grace's life is definately going to be a movie someday... it's just too interesting not to be. I think they should start it off Lawrence of Arabia-esqe, with her death first, or Ranier and the kids remembering her, then fill in her life.

What actress do you guys think could play Grace, or any of the other royals? I think Gwenyth Paltrow would be a good Mette-Marit, or if it was made in a few years, this new actress, Sara Paxton maybe could.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

I'd love to see a film on the Greek royals, beginning when the 3 children- Sofia, Constantine and Irene, were young and thier lives in exile. Then leading upto Constantine becoming King so young and the final overthrow of the monarchy.

That for me would be interesting.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

The two stories personally I would like to see very much are:
1. King Hussein and Queen Alia
2. Haakon & Mette-Marit
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Courtier

I´d love to see a really good movie about Charles and Camilla...
Also interesting: Beatrix and Claus, Rainier and Gracia Patrica
Old 07-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen View Post
I´d love to see a really good movie about Charles and Camilla...
Also interesting: Beatrix and Claus, Rainier and Gracia Patrica
Charles and Camilla, maybe with Diana in it too would be very interesting and dramatic!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Aristocracy

Hello Lady Bluffton,

I don't understand what you mean about Crown Princess Mary's motives? I think that she and Prince Frederick are very much in love and it would make a wonderful movie.

I also agree that the story of the Greek royals would make a very exciting film.

Best Regards,
Attaining Grace
Lisa-Anne Sanderson Writer and Editor - Writing and editing by experienced freelancer
bookaddiction
EdwardianPromenade
Old 07-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

A god film about the Shah of Iran should be fine. And a nice, very long serie should be wonderful too.I wish they could make some good film on Nasser-ed-Din Shah Qajar, the story is worthy to see, even if there is a murder at the end...Ugh.

Another nice film to do, will be one about Queen Victoria and a GOOD one about Nicholas II and his wife Empress Alexandra.

I like much more films about ruling Monarchs and not about our nowadays petit-bourgeois kings and queens. I like ACTION, DRAMA and people who faced difficulties in order to fight them.

Vanesa.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa.... View Post
I'd love to see a film on the Greek royals, beginning when the 3 children- Sofia, Constantine and Irene, were young and thier lives in exile. Then leading upto Constantine becoming King so young and the final overthrow of the monarchy.

That for me would be interesting.
I was about to write exactly the same.
It'd be very interesting!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
There are so many great stories of royals out there!

*Mette-Marit's life could be made into a Lifetime movie... it's Lifetime material I think, both love and loss, and they could add the sappy stuff.

*The Iranian royals just as the monarchy was falling apart would be very interesting to watch.

*Another Lifetime movie, Noor and Hussein of Jordan!

*Princess Grace's life is definately going to be a movie someday... it's just too interesting not to be. I think they should start it off Lawrence of Arabia-esqe, with her death first, or Ranier and the kids remembering her, then fill in her life.

What actress do you guys think could play Grace, or any of the other royals? I think Gwenyth Paltrow would be a good Mette-Marit, or if it was made in a few years, this new actress, Sara Paxton maybe could.
either Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, or maybe Kate Beckinsale with blonde hair?

I think the best would probably be Nicole Kidman- she's got the cool elegance that Princess Grace did.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Gentry

Others

I would love to see a film on royals that are hardly heard about in the media. Such as the story of King Leka I and Queen Susan of Albania, especially about their life in exile in Africa and Susan's upbringing in Australia. I'd love also if there was a film about Crown Prince Naruto and Crown Princess Masako of Japan (although it would have to take a neutral stance). There are so many stories about overlooked royals that would satisfy a lot of curiosity, if only put into films.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Nobility

-Haakon and Mette-Marit's story
-Princess Caroline's life could be a great story(raising the Casiraghis alone,her love story with Prince Ernst..)
Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Aristocracy

Since I am a sucker for biographies and documentaries about any royal and historic figure, I would probably love to watch a well done movie about any of the royals.
The operating word however is well done.
Since I can do very well without any of those silly b-movies that never get their facts right (anybody remember those horrid Charles and Diana movies Catherine Oxenberg anybody? Or worse even Fergies life? Shiver...)
I much enjoyed the recent "The Queen", so something along those lines, some credible and still entertaining biography would be great.