The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Commoner

What would you ask any Royal of your choice?

If you were given the opportunity to have complete access to any member of any Royal family alive today, and ask them anything you wanted, who would that be? Perhaps it is your favourite Royal who you admire and follow everything they do, or the Royal you find most interesting, or even a Royal that you don't like or don't think should be Royal.

For me, I would have to choose Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway. I find the story of her becoming a princess and the next queen of Norway absolutely fascinating. I would love to have the opportunity to ask her what it was like when Haakon introduced her to his family and what their reaction to her was. If she ever thought marrying Haakon was a reality and something that would happen.

Old 06-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
I would love to be able to interview Princess Caroline of Monaco. The question I would most like to ask her is...
"Are you happy with the decision of putting your children in line for the throne? It has been stated that they were not given titles at birth because you wanted them to lead "normal" lives."
I know that if an heir from Albert was never produced, the country revertes back to France. I just would love to see what she say. And I would like to congradulate her on all her charity work. It is nice to see a princess who does something besides vacation and shop.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Courtier

I mentioned this in another thread but I would love to hear the reaction of the monarchs who were not always suppose to be that. Elizabeth (her uncle), Beatrix (a possible brother), Margarthe (a possible brother/referendum), and Juan Carlos (Franco/competing claims) when they first realized that they would be the monarch. I mention these four since there was a chance they would never be where as the others were more or less knew from birth (with the exception of King Albert, but he was much older)
Old 06-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness

To Prince Charles of Britain: Why do you need to wear a three piece suit all the time? When you go to a warm climate country, can you just relax with your wardrobe?

To Queen Margrethe of Denmark: Have you tried to stop smoking or using the nicotine patch?

To Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg: Any plans to visit Fidel in Cuba?
Old 06-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Nobility

I would ask the royal brides (the princesses by marriage) what was the best moment of your wedding? ("Wedding" would include the pre-engagement period, the engagement, the wedding, the honeymoon and the first public appearances as princess.) Was it walking down the aisle, was it the engagement announcement, was it the first time someone addressed you as "Your Royal Highness", was it the first time you wore a tiara, was it the first time in public as the bride-to-be or the new princess, was it something personal that really had nothing to do with being royal, but just marrying someone you loved? (Of course, honesty would be a requirement in this exercise.)
Old 06-30-2006, 12:38 AM
Courtier

I would simply ask the adorable Duke of York if he would like to go for a coffee. and maybe for a chocolate cake.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Rose
If you were given the opportunity to have complete access to any member of any Royal family alive today, and ask them anything you wanted, who would that be? Perhaps it is your favourite Royal who you admire and follow everything they do, or the Royal you find most interesting, or even a Royal that you don't like or don't think should be Royal.

For me, I would have to choose Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway. I find the story of her becoming a princess and the next queen of Norway absolutely fascinating. I would love to have the opportunity to ask her what it was like when Haakon introduced her to his family and what their reaction to her was. If she ever thought marrying Haakon was a reality and something that would happen.
I would ask HM Queen Elizabeth II about her experience being Britain's monarch and Head of State of some Commonwealth country for over 50 years.Besides,I would ask HM how she felt about assuming and ascending the British throne at the tender age of 25 and now at the age of 80 still reigning very majestically,regal and healthily.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Serene Highness

I would ask any of the Queens if they would have liked being someone else and make things ordinary people do.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:35 AM
Royal Highness

Tsar Nicholas and Tsarina Alexandra of Russia: If you could have forseen how your reign ended, would you do anything differently?
Old 01-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Courtier

I would ask Máxima exactly how she told her father "Dad, you cannot come to my wedding"... and if WA was there while she did...
Old 01-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Aristocracy

Don't we already have a thread on this topic?
Anyway, I would bombard QEII with questions, I could imagine since she has reigned so long she is a veritable walking history book.
Among other (more serious)questions I would also ask her if there is a secret file on Jack the ripper and if I could have a peek
I would like to ask GeorgeV about his feelings when he heard what had become of his look-alike cousin Csar Nicholas and his family.
I would like to ask Queen Mary what a feeling it really was to marry the brother of your dead finance.
And I would like to ask Queen Victoria about John Brown
Old 01-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

I'd ask Sultan Qaboos about how he even managed to start implementing his reforms - and how far he actually intends to go - will women be totally free to do what they want? Will he, in the end, proced with the reforms at a loss of traditional culture. And who does he favour as his heir, as he has no official ones.

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 01-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Gentry

i would interview princess masako of japan and ask how she copes with the stresses of the IHA
Old 01-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would ask Queen Elizabeth I if she ever came to regret her decision to not marry and have a child.

If given the chance to talk to another royal, I would ask Queen Alexandra about how difficult it must have been to leave her home and sail away to another country where she [probably] didn't know the language. She is my favorite Queen, so I would probably enjoy just being able to speak with her.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Gentry

I would love to meet and interview the Swedish RF.

Carl-Gustaf: Was is difficult losing your father and being the only direct male heir?

Silvia: Is being Queen everything you expected?

Victoria: WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET MARRIED?!

Carl-Philip: (I'd be speechless and probably just stare at him...hes so hot!)

Madeleine: What occupation would you like to have (with or without the fact that your a royal)?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Commoner

I'd Ask

Crown Princess victoria to Marry ME!.....
Queen Margethe -why do you wear such hideous clothes
Queen Paola - do you enjoy being Queen and if so why do you look so bored at most formal functions
Queen Elizabeth -Whats her greatest achievement thus far
King Juan Carlos - any regrets about succeeding to the throne over his father
Queen beatrix - How much hairspray do you use to get your hair like that
Prince Harry - I'd ask him to buy me a beer and have a chat with him
Prince Charles - what do you think you will be remembered for
Crown Princess maxima - I'd ask her for a tango
Princess Martha louise - do the horses or angels talk back
Old 10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Commoner

To Queen Elizabeth II : If you could change one thing, children, reign, legacy, what would it be?

And Prince Charles: I would talk to him about what his regrets, what he is proud of, and how with such negative attention most of the time how he just keeps going.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

What would you ask?

To Crown Princess Mary: "Can I wear your ruby tiara?"

To Queen Elizabeth: "Can I have one of your tiaras?"

Old 10-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Aristocracy

I would point at the Princess Royal's outfit and say: "Honey, what's that, what's going on, what's that all about?"
Old 10-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsnyder
I would point at the Princess Royal's outfit and say: "Honey, what's that, what's going on, what's that all about?"
Ok, Karen....

oh yes, I've watched "Will and Grace" reruns....