The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Aristocracy

Royal Experts

Who is an Royal Expert?

Have you also some problems with these "journalists" perceiving themselves as a Royal Expert or as a "Yard Correspondent" (is this the right word)?
There are so many "Royal Experts" writing for newspapers, presenting themselves in television...

Which one is out of the question?

Which one is an expert we can trust and believe?

Do they have an own homepage?

I don't like "Norbert Loh". He says, that he is a good friend of every King, Queen, Prince and Princess. I really can't believe this. And he is often wrong: Writing wrong texts beneath pictures (and so one) or presenting pictures with a wrong story behind it. He seems to be very subjective and he presents the royal families just in "pink" and like cotton candy.

Do you have similar experiences with other "Royal Experts"?

Old 08-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I think there are some limits to the analyses of those Royal Experts. If they are historian it's fine with me as long as they don't go in details that no one is able to confirm. I think the more objective they are, the more they gain in reliableness. I consider Sarah Bradford as a good source of information and she's balanced in what she says, I don't really like the way Penny Junor writes, she takes too much the side of the person she defends. But that's my humble opinion only

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

IMO Sarah Bedford is a little too pro Diana for my taste.

Richard Kay IMO seems to have good sources BUT he always leaves out a piece of information. He does that on Charles and Camilla stories a lot. He usually slants the story to make them look bad by leaving out some piece of information that would change the context of the story if it ad been left in.
But he was a friend of Diana's so it is to be expected.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

A very neutral and good expert is the German Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert. His statements are true, are good researched and are easy for all to understand. He is a human person, he acknoledges the private sphere of each person and he is not a "journalist" like Norbert Loh, who works for yellow press, R S-E is here to inform the publc in a true sense. I like R S-E.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
A very neutral and good expert is the German Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert. His statements are true, are good researched and are easy for all to understand.
I agree. I really like his statements and also his work.
It's always great to see his films on Tv.

I have to say it's always funny to see Marijke Amado as a Royal Expert for the Dutch Royals and Wenke Myrhe as Norwegian Royalty expert in German TV. Sometimes their comments are quite interesting , but other times I get the feeling they were just chose because they are well-known in Germany.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:12 AM
Aristocracy

Have you ever seen Sibylle Weischenberg. She is not a real "royal expert" (like Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert, which I prefer. He is great and he is a "real" expert!), more a "celeb-expert", but she talks very often about the royal families...

There is a video on the Brisant-homepage every week.
It is a little bit sarcastic and ironic:
Brisant | DasErste.de

It makes me lough!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
A very neutral and good expert is the German Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert. His statements are true, are good researched and are easy for all to understand. He is a human person, he acknoledges the private sphere of each person and he is not a "journalist" like Norbert Loh, who works for yellow press, R S-E is here to inform the publc in a true sense. I like R S-E.
I totally agree! Rolf Seelmann Eggebert is THE german royal expert. I like his reports and his live coverages are always great!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Gentry

Royal experts

Who are the royal experts who normally write about royals ? Are any actually aristocratic ?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

British royal biographer Sarah Bradford is, I believe, Viscountess Bangor.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 07-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

Robert Lacey. He's written a few biographies on the British royals (modern and historic) and a much discussed book on Princess Grace. He also provided historic and cultural commentary on The Queen DVD.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Gentry

Authors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_r View Post
Who are the royal experts who normally write about royals ? Are any actually aristocratic ?
Lady Antonia Fraser is the daughter of the 7th Earl of Longford.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Aristocracy

Archiduchess Catalina of Habsbourg-Lorraine is a very good writer.

Prince Michael of Greece too.

Ricardo Mateos Sáinz de Medrano have written a very good books about the Spanish Royal Family.

Regards!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Gentry

Anyone know anything about Stephane Bern ? He seems to write a lot about royals
Old 04-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Serene Highness

What do people think of this guy: Mario-Max zu Schaumburg-Lippe?
YouTube - Prinz Mario-Max zu Schaumburg-Lippe ASTRO ROYAL TV-Show: Princess Victoria Sweden, Queen Silvia

He seems to emphasise the 'sensational aspects' quite a lot, I think.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

I suppose anyone could say that they are. I've read a lot of books on royalty but that hardly makes me an expert. Some people think that if they've read a lot of books on royalty or watch them that they are experts. There is more to it obiviously.