The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I know the William and Kate's first child will one day be king/queen but I really wish they would infuse the House of Windsor with some new names, or at least find old name that havent been used for a while, I am really tired of all the same names among the English Royals. I just hope they pick better names then Fred and Mary, I am sorry, but I still dont like Josefine or Vincent.
Neither do I! And it seems terrible to say it, but my interest in the twins has diminished because of it.

But as for the same names among the BRF, I think they should uphold tradition. (But with a twist). I would like to see a King James or Stephen. and a Queen Jane (after the Nine-Days Queen) or a Queen Victoria.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Gentry

For William and Kate, how about Helena? It was the name of a daughter of Queen Victoria but hasn't been used since, though it's one of Eugenie's middle names. Queen Helena?

Old 07-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Courtier

For William and Kate's children, I wouldn't want to speculate what the first name would be but the middle names will almost gauranteed be the traditional royal name like Albert, Philip, George, Elizabeth, Alexandra, Victoria with a tribute to Charles, Diana, Michael and Carole thrown in. Maybe a siblings name in there as well. If it's a boy I'm thinking Arthur will be a middle name as Philip, Charles and William all have it as a middle name and would be a bit of a tradition he and Kate might like to carry on.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Neither do I! And it seems terrible to say it, but my interest in the twins has diminished because of it.

But as for the same names among the BRF, I think they should uphold tradition. (But with a twist). I would like to see a King James or Stephen. and a Queen Jane (after the Nine-Days Queen) or a Queen Victoria.
I wouldn't mind Jane, but it's related to John, which is considered unlucky, so I doubt it will be chosen.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Royal Highness

Catherine & William

Boy : George, Henry
Girl : Diana, Victoria
Old 07-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Majesty

I would love to see William and Catherine use a different version of the name 'Elizabeth', such as perhaps 'Isabella'. It's regal and traditional, but puts a little variety into the mix. Don't get me wrong, I love the name 'Elizabeth' (my favorite name for a girl), but I'm just trying to think outside the box.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Ernst is good name
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Nobility

Coming up with a name for W&C's babies will be difficult! Philippa/Philip and James have already been used for William's cousin (James Alexander Philip Theo), but maybe they'll go with something different.

boy:
Edward Francis Arthur William

Edward - family name of the Windsors; honors William's uncle, the Earl of Wessex as well as the eight kings named Edward that came before his grandmother, the Queen.
Francis - Michael Middleton's second name, and is the male equivalent to Diana's second name of Frances. It's also the first name of Diana's mother.
Arthur - one of William's given names (also one of Charles'); it also honor's the prince's great-great-great-grand uncle, Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught.
William - after Prince William and it's also James Middleton's second name.

girl:
Cecilia Frances Elizabeth Mary

Cecilia - the given name of William's maternal great-great-great grandmother, Cecilia Gordon-Lennox
Frances - Diana's second name (also the female equivalent to Catherine's father's second name)
Elizabeth - for the Queen, the late Queen Mum, Duchess Catherine's second name as well as her mother's.
Mary - for the late Queen Mary; it is also the given name of several of Catherine's ancestors.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Coming up with a name for W&C's babies will be difficult! Philippa/Philip and James have already been used for William's cousin (James Alexander Philip Theo), but maybe they'll go with something different.

boy:
Edward Francis Arthur William

Edward - family name of the Windsors; honors William's uncle, the Earl of Wessex as well as the eight kings named Edward that came before his grandmother, the Queen.
Francis - Michael Middleton's second name, and is the male equivalent to Diana's second name of Frances. It's also the first name of Diana's mother.
Arthur - one of William's given names (also one of Charles'); it also honor's the prince's great-great-great-grand uncle, Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught.
William - after Prince William and it's also James Middleton's second name.

girl:
Cecilia Frances Elizabeth Mary

Cecilia - the given name of William's maternal great-great-great grandmother, Cecilia Gordon-Lennox
Frances - Diana's second name (also the female equivalent to Catherine's father's second name)
Elizabeth - for the Queen, the late Queen Mum, Duchess Catherine's second name as well as her mother's.
Mary - for the late Queen Mary; it is also the given name of several of Catherine's ancestors.
William and Catherine can still use the names James and Philip, whether his cousin has them or not. William and James both have Philip as a middle name. There are two Prince Edward's currently, even though the Duke of Kent is not as well known as the Earl of Wessex, so there could be two James. Besides, once Prince William becomes King, Edward and Sophie's James wont likely be talked about much, so no one will ever really remember the "other James".

I like the idea of using Arthur as a middle name, in keeping with tradition of giving it to the eldest child, but i'd love it much more as a Christian name.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I would love to see Will and Kate name their daughter Alexandrina,the first name of Queen Victoria.It's not been used for a very long time.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Royal Highness

For William & Kate's firstborn I'm sure it'll be something traditional. Like George or Edward for a boy & Elizabeth, Mary or Victoria for a girl.
For other kids I could imagine other, more modern names like Alexander or Victor for a boy & Matilda, Rose or Helena for a girl.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

I like Stephen... hmm.. King Stephen II ... has a nice ring to it don't you think?

Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Nobility

More guesses! If William and Catherine have a girl first, I have a feeling Victoria will be in there somewhere.

Victoria Frances Carole Elizabeth

I'm still sticking to Edward for a firstborn boy. Others...

David Henry Theo Alastair
Albert Michael Charles Louis
Christopher Anthony Fergus James

Margaret Aileen Mary Catherine
Amelia Caroline Alexandra Rose
Charlotte Helena Alice Jane
Old 08-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

if the first-born is a girl for William and Catherine, i wish for Mary... even if its not called that, i hope for a name of a previous queen, aka: Elizabeth, Jane, Victoria and Anne.

for a boy, i hoped for Richard. its been so long, that we had a King Richard^^

Victoria and Daniel i have high hopes for Desiree or Ulrika for a girl. and maybe Johan, Carl, Oscar for Boy (i LOVE the name Johan)
Old 08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Gentry

William and Catherine:

Girl: Victoria or Elizabeth

Boy: Edward, Arthur or Richard
Old 08-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Gentry

Victoria and Daniel:

Girl: Christina or Desiree

Boy: Oscar or Gustav
Old 08-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Courtier

William & Catherine

Heir: Philip Henry Arthur Charles ( I think honoring Philip by introdcuing his name as a future King of England would be something William would like to do, especially while his grandparents are still alive and since the Mountbatten name has been a bit overshadowed by the House of Windsor). Arthur is a nice legacy to Philip, Charles and William

Spare: William Michael Edward George (with a modern nickname of Liam)

especially if first born.... none of the family have purposely given the first name of Elizabeth; I think it is pretty expected.

1st daughter (heir presumptive): Elizabeth Frances Mary Victoria

2nd daughter: Diana Caroline Alice Louise
Old 08-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

William & Catherine:

Arthur Michael Charles William
&
Matilda Carole Diana Catherine

King Arthur would be great. :)
Old 09-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

Well I dont know that William and Catherine would name their son but they themselves have mentioned that if they had a girl she would be HRH princess Diana :)
Old 09-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Victoria and Daniel will choose traditional names...and there are many.

Wills and Kate? Who knows. If they stick to their desired modernity, we're liable to see Princess Andromeda and/or Prince Dweezel.