The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Serene Highness

I think The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will have two more kids, both girls:

1. Princess Eleanor Alexandra Elizabeth of Cambridge, born in 2015.
2. Princess Victoria Philippa Charlotte of Cambridge, born in 2018.

And Princess Amélia of Brazil will marry Alexander James Spearman next years, so I'll guess the names they'll give to their children:

1. Christine Marie Isabel Michaela Spearman, born in 2016.
2. Elizabeth Luiza Raphaela Alix Spearman, born in 2018.
3. Alexander Antonio Pedro Gabriel Spearman, born in 2022.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
What is the reason behind the idea to give so many names?
From what I understand, so many names were given to honor grandfathers, great-grandfathers, granduncles, etc. if the child was a son. If the child was a daughter, then the grandmothers, great-grandmothers, etc. are honored. For example, Queen Elizabeth II is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary. Her "Alexandra" is for her great-grandmother, Queen Alexandra, wife of Edward VII.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

If Albert II and Charlene of Monaco have a boy: Honore Florestan Michael Charles
Old 12-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Royal Highness

Jaime and Viktória:
Prince Carlos Tibor Friso of Bourbon-Parma
Prince Hugo Dominik Bernado of Bourbon-Parma
Prince Xavier László Jaime of Bourbon-Parma

Princess Anna Margarita Irene of Bourbon-Parma
Princess Emma Dorottya Carolina of Bourbon-Parma
Princess Sofia Juliana Viktória of Bourbon-Parma

Victoria and Daniel (not expecting, but I'm still thinking very intensely about the names of their future children):
Prince Carl Edmund Olof Johan of Sweden
Prince Bertil Folke Gustaf Philip of Sweden
Prince Fredrik Oscar Daniel Sigvard of Sweden

Princess Lilian Alice Ingrid Anna of Sweden
Princess Margareta Sofia Kristina Désirée of Sweden
Princess Astrid Eleonora Josephine Sibylla of Sweden

Madeleine and Chris:
Prince Oscar Gustaf Paul of Sweden
Prince Bertil Philip Cesario of Sweden
Prince Hugo Sigvard Carl of Sweden

Princess Alice Silvia Pauline of Sweden (this is my closest contender for the little Princess)
Princess Amelie Maria Sibylla of Sweden
Princess Josephine Lilian Victoria of Sweden

I'm still rather butthurt that their children will be titled, meaning that they probably wont use Saga for their little girl (think of how great a little Saga O'Neill would have been *sigh*).

Old 12-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

It would be kinda cool if Vic and Dan's next daughter had Sofia in one of her names. It would give us all something to kvetch about.

Although I still want to see the next Swedish baby girl to be called Ella Ebba Emma
Old 12-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

For the future child of the Hereditary Prince and Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha:

Girl

Beatrice Amalie Catharina Sybilla
Charlotte Elisabeth Dorothea Carin
Theresia Victoria Irma Luise

Boy

Leopold Christian Andreas Ferdinand
Friedrich Andreas Hans Eduard
Josias Friedrich Philipp Albert

For any more future children of Victoria and Daniel:

Girl

Eva Victoria Lillian Ingrid (Eva goes nicely with Estelle IMO)
Margaretha Victoria Anna Sybilla
Sophie Victoria Désirée Elisa

Although after Estelle, I'm not 100 % certain that Victoria and Daniel will choose a traditional name for their future second child!

Boy

Oscar Carl Louis Gustaf
Alexander Leopold Daniel Walther
Gustaf Carl Philip Johann

For any more future children of William and Catherine:

Girl

Victoria Elizabeth Diana Caroline
Mary Elizabeth Catherine Victoria
Alice Elizabeth Charlotte Louise

Boy

Richard Charles Edward Louis
Arthur Richard Henry George
Albert William Charles Edward
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't realise Madeleine and Chris's children were going to be titled....

I like the idea of Oscar for Victoria and Daniel's future child as well as Sophie and Alexander. I hope they don't use Gustaf, even if it is a family name...

I think William and Catherine wont got quite so traditional with the next child, so I can't see Richard being chose but I do love Arthur! For a girl I can't see Victoria but I LOVE Alice and Charlotte. I am still rooting for Princess Charlotte Sophie Rose because it's such a pretty name and Charlotte hasn't been used in a long time. (Except for Lady Marina-Charlotte, the Earl of St Andrew's eldest daughter.)
Old 12-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte was a favorite of mine too. I think Alexandra is a little stuffy for William and Kate. And I'd love for someone in the SRF to use Lilian.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I think William and Catherine wont got quite so traditional with the next child, so I can't see Richard being chose but I do love Arthur! For a girl I can't see Victoria but I LOVE Alice and Charlotte. I am still rooting for Princess Charlotte Sophie Rose because it's such a pretty name and Charlotte hasn't been used in a long time. (Except for Lady Marina-Charlotte, the Earl of St Andrew's eldest daughter.)
Charlotte Sophie Rose sounds very pretty indeed! I also hope that either Adelaide or Sophia and perhaps Eleanor will make an appearance in a future Princess of Cambridge's name combinations. I've always thought that Sophia is a very beautiful and elegant name. If I ever have a little girl, it would be one of my top choices (along with Catharina, Isla, Scarlett and Victoria).
Any more future children of Archduke Imre and Archduchess Kathleen:

Girl

Madeleine Zita Annunciata Marguerite
Maria Anna Diane Louise
Maria Amalia Kathleen Elisabeth

Boy

Felix Joseph Carl Christian d'Aviano
Joseph Franz George Imre d'Aviano
Carl Louis Maximilian Leopold d'Aviano

For the future children of Princess Amelia of Brazil and James Spearman:

Girl

Carlota Maria Amelia Isabel
Luisa Fernanda Elisabeth Teresa
Maria Antoinetta Helena Luisa

Boy

Afonso Gastao Carlos Pedro
Ferdinand Pedro James Luis
Josef Luis Joao Filipe
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

For the daughter of Princess Madeleine and Christopher: Sibylla Cecilia Maria Eleanora
Old 12-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Nobility

Someone mentioned Saga as a pontential name for the girl Madeleine and Christopher are expecting. I love this idea even if the girl is a titled Princess. Hennes Kungliga Höghet Prinsessan Saga sounds very good in Swedish. I think they will honour their mothers and i know Madeleines sister means everything to her so i'd say Saga Eva Silvia Victoria
Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Nobility

As for Victoria and Daniel, they are not expecting as far as we know but i can't refrain myself from make a name bid.

For a girl i would love the name Carla to honour the King. Victoria loves her father and he has been trough very difficult times during recent years so i think that would make him proud. And Carla and Carl has the same name day in Sweden. Obviously there will be names from Daniels family and i think they will use Hedvig and Vera, the names of Daniels sisters daughters. And Victoria will definitely use Lilian as they were extremly close so i'd say Carla Hedvig Vera Lilian

For a boy i hope they will use Carl Johan. To honour the King, his uncle and the first Bernadotte King Carl XIV Johan whose history Victoria is very proud of. I imagine that Daniel wants to give his son his own name. And i'd say Louis after Princess Märtha-Louise. Victoria and Märtha Louise have always been like sisters and i strongly belive that she is going to be a godmother if Victoria have a 2:nd child . My bid is Carl Johan Daniel Louis
Old 12-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Royal Highness

I want to see one of these royal couples do the American thing and combine their first names to make a brand new name honoring both.

Let's see

1) Victoria and Daniel; Dictator. Or Dictatoria. Now how cool would that be? I wish they'd seen this before Estelle was born.

2) Will and Kate - a girl named Wate. OK, never mind!!!!

3) W-A and Maxima of Netherlands; a boy named Wax .. or, if they are insistent on the "A" thing, Ax.

4) Chris and Madeleine - Chatelaine

5) Frederik and Mary - Fairy (a girl of course). Sounds like something Paula Yates would have come up with, but who's to say it can't be used.

6) Felipe and Letizia - Felizia. Hey, that actually works!

7) Guillaume And Stephanie - Gethsemane. Very biblical, and what do you know, they're religious. That's a great name!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Royal Highness

I'm hoping for an Edmund from both Victoria and Daniel AND from William and Catherine (George and Edmund, that's a seriously smashing combination). I don't think that Edmund would be completely off for W&C. It's old and yet refreshing. I'm slightly bummed out that they used Alexander for George because a Prince Alexander would have been the loveliest thing (I doubt they're gonna go repetitive and use either Alexander or Alexandra for future children). Other than Edmund, I could totally see Arthur happening as well. For a girl, my main bid is still Matilda (Matilda Elizabeth Augusta/Rose ) with Eleanor on the second place. George's name makes me think that they're gonna avoid namesakes (other than the Queen's name, I couldn't possibly see a girl not being given the name Elizabeth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Someone mentioned Saga as a pontential name for the girl Madeleine and Christopher are expecting. I love this idea even if the girl is a titled Princess. Hennes Kungliga Höghet Prinsessan Saga sounds very good in Swedish. I think they will honour their mothers and i know Madeleines sister means everything to her so i'd say Saga Eva Silvia Victoria
I am so thrilled to see a Swede agree with me that Saga would be a rather perfect name for Madeleine and Chris's daughter Perhaps it's not a crazy bid afterall, even though she will be titled (I think I'm still stuck in the thought that some names are too out-there for royalty - but I think that Victoria and Daniel have established that that isn't true).

My hopes for Saga are now officially up again (and Saga Silvia (Alice) Pauline will do as my Saga-guess).

Old 12-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I want to see one of these royal couples do the American thing and combine their first names to make a brand new name honoring both.

Let's see

1) Victoria and Daniel; Dictator. Or Dictatoria. Now how cool would that be? I wish they'd seen this before Estelle was born.

3) W-A and Maxima of Netherlands; a boy named Wax .. or, if they are insistent on the "A" thing, Ax.

5) Frederik and Mary - Fairy (a girl of course). Sounds like something Paula Yates would have come up with, but who's to say it can't be used.

7) Guillaume And Stephanie - Gethsemane. Very biblical, and what do you know, they're religious. That's a great name!
That's so interesting!
I hope to see Felizia for Felipe and Letizia's another girl.. So pretty and perfect name.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Felizia is actually a pretty combination of the two names and quite unique. It could be a derivation of "felicity" which means "great happiness" or "pleasing."

Nice one, Gracie. Some of your other combinations are also quite, er, unique as well!
Old 12-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

Let's see
Will and Kate's other option would be Kill, so ehm...probably not

But I think you're on to something... pretty sure that if you'd mentioned it before W-A and Maxima's 2nd could have been Alexima
Also:
- Albert and Charlene: Allene for a girl and Charbert for the twin-brother
- Charlotte C & Gad: Gadotte
somehow the names of the previous seem lest usable
- Beatrix & Claus: Claurix (sounds like a cartoon character)
- Rainier & Grace: Granier ( some sort of building material)
- JC & Sofia: Jufia and Solos (very new age )
Old 01-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme:

Girl

Séverine Isabelle Marie Thérèse
Adeline Elisabeth Antoinette Marie
Marie-Charlotte Florence Isabelle (And if their little one is called this, when talking about her and her sister the media will probably call them Marie and Antoinette... Marie Antoinette )

Boy

Henri Pierre Jean François
Alphonse Guillaume Joseph
Luc Henri Jean Philippe
Join my new group!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 AM
Royal Highness

Price Félix and Princess Claire of Luxembourg:

Hugo Guillaume Jean Hartmut Marie
Léopold Henri Guillaume Hartmut Marie
Louis Félix Henri Hartmut Marie

Marie-Isabelle Alexandra Marguerite Gabriele
Marie-Isabelle Stéphanie Marguerite Gabriele
Thérèse Gabriele Charlotte Claire Marie

Brother or sister to Gaston Louis Antoine Marie and Antoinette Léopoldine Jeanne Marie.

Charles Henri Alphonse Marie
Guillaume Gabriel François Marie
Edouard Henri Alphonse Marie

Françoise Henriette Isabelle Marie
Rose Henriette Françoise Marie
Agnès Magdalene Gabrielle Marie

Old 01-30-2014, 07:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Pierre Thibault Marie Alphonse d'Orlens
Prince Robert Jean Michel Marie d'Orleans
Prince Claude Marie Ferdinande Gabriel d'Orleans
Prince Clément Francois Marie Christophe d'Orleans

Princesse Marie Isabelle Therese Josephine d'Orleans
Princesse Gabrielle Marie Blanche Camille d'Orleans
Princesse Julie Louise Marie Amelia d'Orleans
Princesse Caroline Francoise Alexandrine Marie d'Orleans

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.