Romantic Royals?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
purple_platinum said:
Look at Philippe & Mathilde! yes, they didn't do that big kiss on their wedding balcony, but look at them now. even more in love than they ever been. Philippe's gestures toward Mathilde is so affectionate and sweet.. shy shy but you can see how in love they are.

I agree so much with you, Purple! I think they will be in love forever. I hope the same for all the other royal couples, but about Philippe and Mathilde the Love and Admiration for each other are evident. Such romantic couple!

Dennism said:
This thread begs the question then...Who is the most unromantic royal couple? Please give age some consideration...:D

Jaime & Elena
Charles & Diana (obvious reasons:mad: )

How about Prince Charles and Camilla Duchess of Cornwall? Not mentioning what happened in the past. Think about Edward VII and Alice Keppel, then Charles and Camilla. It is heared that Charles spends time and money to buy back the jewlleys which were gifts from the King to his mistress. I think Charles has his own way to be a very romantic person.

i alway think anne marie and Constantine are very romantic. they fell in love at such a young age. it was such a romantic story-the danish princess leaves her home to wed the young king of greece.

and the best part is that after all this time they are still together even though they've been through some very tough times. their troubles brough them together rather than pulling them apart.

they seem very happy in photos. you dont really see public gestures of affection but their love for each other is still evident in their interraction. they have such a sweet family too.I really think they're as romantic as it gets.

I would have to say Frederik & Mary because they are so affectionate in public. I grew up in America and as a child I thought only Britain had a royal family. They are ususally so stuffy with PDA. (I hope no one takes offense to that because I mean the Royal family not everyone in Britain) I was surprised that a royal couple would be so loving in public.

I also think that Haakon & Mette-Marit are romantic because even though there was quite a bit of scandal shrouding their relationship, Haakon fought for her and that shows true love in my eyes.

Crownprince Frederik and Crownprincess Mary
Crownprince Haakon and Crownprincess Mette Marit
King Harald and Queen Sonja
Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor
King Carl Gustav and Queen Sylvia
King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall
Duke and Duchess of Windsor

Prince Charles and Camilla – so many years to be together. And their loyalty and love for each other never wavered.

King Harold and Queen Sonja – they had a real battle for love and they won.

Haakon and Crown Prince Mette-Marit – another victory at the Battle of Norway.

Felipe and Letizia the way they are holding hands and those lovely gestures tell it all.

Cristina and Iñaki – the looks of deepest love they have for each other are enough, and of course their kids!

Crown Prince Wilhelm-Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima
– in love each other everyday.

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik – it’s particularly lovely to see a couple of their age and still so romantic.

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip - the love and devotion that lasted a lifetime

Last edited:
Actual couples :

Mary and Frederik:rolleyes:
Philippe and Mathilde
Christina and Inaki
and of course, despite all and against the entire world, Prince Charles and Camilla, ...It's sad for late Diana, but they do love eachother.

From couples not existing anymore :

Caroline and Stefano, romantism feelings and beauty, frozen by tragedy, THE real perfect love, their three wonderful kids are there to remind them to us.

And of course, Duc and Duchess of Windsor, if reality was like the legend, the absolute romantism.:) unforgettable.

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall – so many years to be together. And their loyalty and love towards each other never wavered.

I'll second that!!!:D

Archduke Franz Ferdinand and Countess Sophie

Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus

King Harald and Queen Sonja

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia

Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian

C.Prince Willem-Alexander and C.Princess Maxima

Infanta Cristina and Iñaki

C.Prince Haakon and C.Princess Mette-Marit

C.Prince Frederik and C.Princess Mary

C.Prince Naruhito and C.Princess Masako: I know, unlike the couples above, who always show their affection in their eyes or little gestures, the Japanese royals do not show their feelings openly, but the support the prince has always and publicly shown to his wife speaks loudly, IMHO, of their love after she had put aside her fears of what her life could be as the wife of the Imperial heir (fears, that, sadly, became real) and finally accepted his marriage proposal.

Avalon said:
Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall – so many years to be together. And their loyalty and love towards each other never wavered.

I do agree they must love each other very much after so many years, the many things they have endured after the threesome marriage was openly known worldwide and I do not recall seeing Prince Charles smiling and looking so happy before on pictures and videos, but they do not match my idea of "romantic".

Unlike Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian of Sweeden who remained together for so many years before they were allowed to marry or like Archduke Franz Ferdinand and Countess Sophie who had to endure a morganatic marriage, Camilla and Prince Charles married other people instead of remaining together.

And that decision would later be the cause of so much pain to their spouses (late Princess Diana in particular) but specially to their children (I know, they all looked very happy at C-C's wedding but the four of them must have suffered a lot when the truth about their parents' marriages was uncover) so they do not match my idea of the most romantic royal male/female or couple.:(

I must admit that Prince Charles surprised me with how romantically he has demonstated affection for Camilla. I really didn't think he had it in him. A lot of people are going to get hurt in a really bad marriage and its never as simple as saying that it was one person or the other who caused all the unhappiness which is why I'm always happy to see couples who finally get it right. There's too much unhappiness in the world to begrudge a couple who were meant for each other their happiness.

I think the men that had to fight for the women they loved really proved themselves in ways that other men have not.

Harald's love for Sonja is a good example of that and I really admire Prince Bertil sticking it out for Princess Lillian.

The Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Henri, and his wife Maria Teresa went through a similar situation like Harald and Sonja, Beatrix and Claus. I heard that he refused to be grand duke (see the Henri and MT thread) unless he was allowed to marry MT. I think that's just what makes them better loved by the people of their countries.

LaPlusBelle said:
The Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Henri, and his wife Maria Teresa went through a similar situation like Harald and Sonja, Beatrix and Claus. I heard that he refused to be grand duke (see the Henri and MT thread) unless he was allowed to marry MT. I think that's just what makes them better loved by the people of their countries.

I did not know that. Here it was informed he did not tell her who he really was until he proposed, a fact that almost leaded them to a complete breakup, but I was not aware they had to go through all that, too.
Their wedding was beautiful and romantic, and despite of all the infidelity rumours around them, they have always looked happy together.

ysbel said:
I must admit that Prince Charles surprised me with how romantically he has demonstated affection for Camilla. I really didn't think he had it in him. A lot of people are going to get hurt in a really bad marriage and its never as simple as saying that it was one person or the other who caused all the unhappiness which is why I'm always happy to see couples who finally get it right. There's too much unhappiness in the world to begrudge a couple who were meant for each other their happiness.

Totally agree. As I said, I have never seen prince Charles looking so happy before. And their love had proved to be real and strong after all they had gone through. Had this thread been called royal couples still in love/looking happy together after all this time, etc., they would have been in my list, despite of the circumstances around their long term relationship.

On the other hand, and just to clarify my point of view, I was not begrudging as a late Princess Diana worshipper (I just adored her but I do not think she was flawless, just human) but because at the time of her marriage she seemed to be a naive teenager (almost a kid) that was not aware of, let say, the game rules et al, and because as a teacher, I have witnessed how much children suffer when they find out their mothers/fathers are going to divorce, are cheating their mother/father, etc., when just the people around them being aware of the situation, not the whole city/country. So I can not imagine how much Camilla and Charles's children must have suffered with the whole world discussing their parents relationship on the headlines. That's why Charles and Camilla don't fit in my definition of romantic couple like the rest.

Silvermj said:
On the other hand, and just to clarify my point of view, I was not begrudging as a late Princess Diana worshipper (I just adored her but I do not think she was flawless, just human) but because at the time of her marriage she seemed to be a naive teenager (almost a kid) that was not aware of, let say, the game rules et al, and because as a teacher, I have witnessed how much children suffer when they find out their mothers/fathers are going to divorce, are cheating their mother/father, etc., when just the people around them being aware of the situation, not the whole city/country. So I can not imagine how much Camilla and Charles's children must have suffered with the whole world discussing their parents relationship on the headlines. That's why Charles and Camilla don't fit in my definition of romantic couple like the rest.

AGREE.
Now things are in order, the C&C couple is happily married, and we all intend to forget that this story completely destroyed Diana. I do not want to open a new Diana discussion, and subject is out of topic here, but when she married Charles she was an innocent child. Her goal was to succeed her marriage, and this is a normal goal for every bride. Independently how she reacted after, basically she was cheated, without being aware of the situation, and this was Charles responsibility, not Camilla's (as many people intented to say at this moment).
As you very correctly said, we do not know how deeply this story hurt their children, Wil & Harry are obliged to smile and never complain, but chock should have been very strong, especially when nasty details were known by more than 1bio people in this earth...:eek:
Nevertheless, despite the good or bad Charles' behavior during all these years, the outcome of their story shows that their feeling were really strong, and this is recpectable.:)

Silvermj said:
I do agree they must love each other very much after so many years, the many things they have endured after the threesome marriage was openly known worldwide and I do not recall seeing Prince Charles smiling and looking so happy before on pictures and videos, but they do not match my idea of "romantic".

Well, they certainly match my idea of being romantic. You've got a point though. They did marry other people. They didn't fight like many othrs. However they are married now and they are happy and they are romantic. I think it's quite romantic when Prince Charles referred to Camilla as "my darling wife" for so many occassions. And they seem so perfectly happy they I didn't hesitate to put them on my list of most romantic couples.

To me the most romantic are:

1. Infanta Cristina & Iñaki Urdangarín: 4 kids, 8 years of marriage and still in love as the first day, they only met for a year before they got married, it was like meant to be:)
2. Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz of Belgium: 5 kids, 22 years of marriage and they still hold hands like teens
3. Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia: the looks, the gestures, etc
4. Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit: he fought for his true love as his father did and she got the entire fairy-tale ending
5. Crown Prince Phillippe & Crown Princess Mathilde: the way they look at each other, the way they hold hands, etc

tO ME fREDERIK AND mARY AND mm AND hAAKON, THEY ARE MY VERY FAVORITES

I think all the current CP couples are all romantic:
CP Maxima and CP Willem
CP Mary and CP Fredrick
CP Felipe and Letizia
GD Maria Theresa and GD Henri

To me Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, with any doubt :D

Well, for me
1. Prince Charles and Camilla
2. Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit
3. Infanta Cristina and Don Iñaki
4. Crown Prince Felipe and Letizia
5. Crown Prince Wilhelm-Alexander and Maxima

Prince Philip and Princess Mathilde of Belgium
King Baldouin and Queen Fabiola
Prince Rainier and Princess Grace

I'm going to say Rainier and Grace, not only for their longevity as a couple but also for the glamour factor of a royal marrying a movie star. Also, Rainier really seemed to be completely lost (for lack of a better word) after Grace's death, and I believe he loved her til the day he died.:(
I agree.They were both romantic,prince Rainier and Princess Grace

For the most romantic I would have to say that the engimatic Duke of Edinburgh takes the cake. Prince Philip, not known for his romantic streak, sents a bonquet of yellow roses to the Queen on their wedding day. Every year the bonquet gets slightly bigger. The Queen is so used to her husband's gift that she makes certain that she gets up earlier to make space for the flowers in her office. She than sits and waits for her present to arrive. I pity the florist if it is late.

Aww, that's really cute - I smiled when I read that. I don't think it would seem nearly so sweet from Haakon of Frederik or one of the more obviously romantic men because it would be much more expected, but from an old, seemingly-insensitive, buttoned-up English gentleman like Philip...it's just darling! :wub:

This thread and the thread "Most romantic royal male/female" have been merged as both of them discussed the same topics and we want to reduce the number of threads dealing with the same contents.
Thanks for understanding.

My most romantic couples:
Baudouin - Fabiola (through all those years)
Philip - Mathilde (they looks, their gest to each other)
Victoria - Albert (one from the past)
Willem-Alexander - Maxima (their wedding, gestures)
Bertil - Lilian (after so long finally marriage)
Henri - Maria Teresa (they looks)
Felipe - Letizia (their interraction...)
Madeleina - Jonas (almost royal, their engagements...)
Naruhito - Masako
All couple is romantic. No matter if we see it or not on pictures, photos, videos.

Which one of them was/is the most romantic...
I think that one of the most romantic men was Baudouin.
All his gestures to Fabiola through all those years no matter what happen...
He loves her she love him until the end of time.

Who is the most romantic man at the moment hard to say.
Who is the most romantic woman... I think that Mathilde.
That how she looks on Philippe, how she touch him.

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom