Which Royal Would You Be?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Australian

Heir Presumptive
City
Perth
Country
Australia
Does becoming a royal appeal to everyone here? would you like to be royal? personally, i dont think i would because there would be too many restrictions on me. Personally, i would like to be an Oscar winner!!!

I would love to be royalty. Can you imagine knowing that most of the famous names of history, such as William the Conqueror, Charlemagne, even as recent(relatively speaking of course:D) as Elizabeth I, are somehow related to your spouse (if you married into royalty) or to you!? It just seems so neat. Also, I like the thought of being able to travel almost as much as you wanted.:D

Yes, i would like to add a mixture of both. Be a royal but also an oscar winner!

I doubt I would like it. Currently my only chance at getting it would be finding a royal spouse, and I would have to be very much in love with him before subjecting myself to a life like that.

I'm not saying that they don't have advantages, I'm just not sure I'd want to live the rest of my life in the spotlight

norwegianne said:
I doubt I would like it. Currently my only chance at getting it would be finding a royal spouse, and I would have to be very much in love with him before subjecting myself to a life like that.

I'm not saying that they don't have advantages, I'm just not sure I'd want to live the rest of my life in the spotlight
I agree with everything, and I'd add that I wouldn't bear to be not allowed to have my own opionions and to forced to think like one think in the family of my spouse. And I wouldn't bear to ahave to believe like this and like that beacuse of my spouse.

I couldnt be a royalty..I would never managed that everyone had an opinion about me, and I would never bear to be on the front pages every week...The media and all the sudden attention must be really hard...I agree with you Danielane....But the exciting travels sounds great though...=)

hm...I'm just fascinated by their lifestyle, i love castles and all their fancy stuff but i don't think i would like to be a royal even though i get to live in those castles and everything...i'ma super big dreamer being a Royal will definitely bring many of those dreams crashing down...i would have to give up so much but of course their is the advantage apart from the good looking princes and castles hahaha being Royalty would give you more influence and with that influence and power you can do many great things ^___^ plus i can never be royal i'm most definitely not royal material considering i'm clumsy, can't walk in heels and they all seem to wear heels a majority of the time, i very opinionated and like to share it which isn't good considering royals are suppose to be discreet and stuff... *sighs* the list goes on hahahaha...

Yep, I'd take the role because there is so much I want to accomplish and see in my life, that with a position holding such influence, I could get a significant portion of it done. Also, it would give me tremendous opportunity to raise the children I have someday in the best way I deem possible. Lastly, I'd take the role because I want my life to positively impact other people. The thought of only serving myself in my life seems stifling. For me, giving is like breathing.

i wouldnt like to be royal because i wouldnt be able to stand people bowing to me. I think everyone should be treated equally and i would nt feel right living off the income of the royal family. Id rather go out and make my own money so i dont feel guilty when i want to buy things. But mostly, i couldnt stand people bowing to me and thinking that i am so superior to them.

Well, I would like to be a royal. But not a important one (crownprincess) !! I would like to be a princess like Claire of Belgium or Sophie Wessex :D

hahahaha...BUT if i was to be an Aristocrat i like the title Duchess or Countess....the lower ranks ^___^

royal_sophietje said:
Well, I would like to be a royal. But not a important one (crownprincess) !! I would like to be a princess like Claire of Belgium or Sophie Wessex :D
that very nice try!

Sophie Wessex very respect woman because she is former Public Relations many people and children knew she dating Prince Edward since 1993 the children and people give her flower because she thought as "Royals girlfriends" she and Prince Edward been dating since 1993 till ontime for engagement annoucement by January 1999 but Sophie-Rhys Jones known as Sophie Wessex she always obey her mother in law the HM Queen 2 and HM Queen Mother before big wedding day on June 19,1999.

Princess Claire her mother is British and im not sure about her father! when she known each other with Prince Laurent im not sure what months been together!

Sara Boyce

I wouldn't wan't to be royal. I'd never give up my right to vote for instanse, also I couldn't cope with all the media attention.

MarieLouise said:
I wouldn't wan't to be royal. I'd never give up my right to vote for instanse, also I couldn't cope with all the media attention.
royals don't vote? are you serious? i thought they did...i recently saw pics of Prince Amedeo and his mother at some voting booth i'm not sure whether it was government related but i just assumed it was...

Most royals do not vote. Amedeo and his mother participated as election workers in their local district as part of nobless oblige in a way.

I wouldn't mind if one of my kids-yet-to-come will marry into a royal house. =D At least I'd still get the freedom, and it'd be nice to know that my descendents are also descendents of notable monarchs as well. :p

I would love to be royal but only if i was truely in love... i guess it could mean that you could make a difference in the world... charity isnt so much about going around on campaigns showing how good you are or how much money you donate... although that helps... like ppl would actually stop and listen to what you have to say... and jewells :p

bad_barbarella said:
I would love to be royal but only if i was truely in love... i guess it could mean that you could make a difference in the world... charity isnt so much about going around on campaigns showing how good you are or how much money you donate... although that helps... like ppl would actually stop and listen to what you have to say... and jewells :p
that is so true...some people think its so great how people donate alot of money to charities but all that is superficial...they're barely touched the surface of the issues affecting society...how do you know what is really affecting the less fortunate without actually talking to them, learning from them....ah...nice to know there is some one out there that still believes in true love ^___^

Reasons why you never want to be royal?

:p Hey everyone... we live in a time where alot of people want to become royal... and it started me thinking... do these people know what they are giving up...

List the reasons why you wouldnt want to become royal xoxo

:) ok i will start the ball rolling... i dont want to become royal because:
  • everyone would want to know everything about your personal life
  • you would loose your freedom to be who you are
  • you would be expected to dress and act in a certain way
  • you would be followed by magazine photographers
  • your personal secrets would become everyones knowledge
  • you wouldnt be able to be interested in things like fashion without being hounded for being superficial

Number one for me -- and the biggest deterrent of all -- would be the loss of my privacy. I would hate the thought of having my every step followed and photographed and my every action (or inaction) analyzed and criticized. As a woman the "baby watch" and media scrutiny to produce a child would be so stressful and burdensome.

The tiaras and the gowns are nice, but my privacy is nicer and much more important to me!

Let's see:

1. Loss of privacy - everyone would know my business before I even would
2. Possible kidnapping/assassination attempts
3. Any possible husband would only be with me for my money or my title.
4. If I weren't the king/queen, I'd had to get permission to leave the country
5. I would expected to be on my best behavior at all times; I couldn't lose my cool of cuss out somebody if I needed to.
6. My servants/employees would make money off of my secrets.

Being royal doesn't seem that much fun.

I'm waaaaaaaaaay too free-spirited and outspoken to be a royal. I can't imagine giving up my freedom and independence in the way that such a life demands. Also the scrutiny of one's clothes, weight, looks, mannerisms-:eek: I much prefer following the lives of the royals, rather than wanting to be one of them.

like you would have to give up who you are... just for some title or tiara... for a start i have always believed every girl is a princess... it must be hard for those who have recently transfered to being royal... being watched by millions... not being able to look like a dag...

pros and cons to this subject
pros: u can travel for free, a lot a cloths for free, and u get your picture taken for free, people might really like u
cons: assissnation attempts, press following u everywhere u go, people using u,

The Bad things

1- assasination attempts
2- the paparazzi chasing you or trying to make you loose your temper.
3- can't vote or make any comments on politics.
4- can't say anything controversial even if you think it's the right thing.
5- You might have to change your religion.
6- Security has to go with you everywhere.
7- People will be jealous of you & may plot against you (courtiers etc).
8- you have to watch everything you say & do else the press will get ya.
9- You have to dress a certain way.
10- No more goth nights out.
11- every bad hair / skin day will be printed in the tabloids.
12- You have to smill all the time in public & be nice even if your feet hurt & you have a headache & PMS.
13- You work very hard to do a good job & appear like a good royal & some people are still not satisfied & never will be.
14- The pressure to marry well or have a baby right away.
15 - Having to dress up & wear a tiara even when you just want to be in bed in your PJ's.
16- Not having as much money as people think you do.
17- Always having to figure out what the "right thing" to do is.
18- After years of pushing yourself & being hard on yourself, you realize that mistakes happen & you'll never be perfect & having to live with that.

Yet with all that the one amazing thing about being a royal is that you have the opportunity to affect change on a global scale & to help people for the rest of your life. Some people can deal with all the things listed above for the chance to really make a difference.The chance to draw attention to charities & to meet important people & possibly influence them in a positive way. It's both a privilage and a very heavy cross to carry.

Last edited:
semisquare said:
pros and cons to this subject
pros: u can travel for free, a lot a cloths for free, and u get your picture taken for free, people might really like u
cons: assissnation attempts, press following u everywhere u go, people using u,
Actually travel expenses are taken from your budget just like money to pay for employees etc. You might get some clothes for free (prob enough) but not all.

I think royals get paid a certain amount but out of that they have to pay everyone that works for them & their own personal things (clothes, travel, cars, etc).

i have hard time to become Royals im wishes!

1.my family really pushes me lots! includes my MOM! i really dont like it!
2.I would leave the USA to become Royal Family as Crown Princess
3.I would took traditional and new tiara and become Princess of Wales and becoming Queen of England
4.my mother recalled me as bad languages includes Bitch,and lots of mores i dont like it im would like to more independent as Royals i wanted to watch your languages and my mom really more Bigger pushes since my grew-up im really hurt lots!
5.I would making statement to leave me alone for as paparazzi and more getting pictures of me on covers as Crown Princess like Princess Diana says that what Diana told paparazzi about Diana would leave country to leave Diana alone for rest of her life! because im American!
6.I like to chose include Princess Diana's designer Catherine Walker making daytime dresses and HM Queen's designer making evening dresses looks FAMOUS.
7.I really like being as Royal wife and being as Royal mother and lots more because more respectful!
8.I like to collection daytimes dresses and evening, hats making more famous when state visits and lots more if would making populars of clothes because im raise in American i read in-style lots and Wmagazine often about celebration DO and DONT and best or worses but i like being as best dresses like Princess Diana did! NO worse dresses!
9.I like to collection flowers from greets and crowds as Crown Princess because more respective same mostly Crown Princess,Countess,Duchess did but mostly Princess Diana did that! since 1997 when Diana's death more lots flowers in England because more respect to Princess Diana i would understand.

i think its would be that!

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom