The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

WHo wouldn't want to be royal? I want to be royal (but its not going to happen!)

Old 08-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Courtier

I wouldn't want to be a royal because I don't like being the center of attention, and they get a lot of it.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Serene Highness

So many reasons not to be royal!
The main reasons for me would be the loss of privacy and how the public would feel free to judge my every move or action in life or my children's lives.
I would hate to not be able to choose my own career path and couldn't handle people (advisors) telling me what to do. Not cool!
Old 08-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Nobility

I don't like constantly being watched. I hate being photographed, so having people with cameras lurking about me would drive me crazy. I could never live with that dreadful protocol. I love my independence and privacy, so being royal would be a drag for me.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Royal Highness

Loss of basic freedoms:
right to privacy
right to vote?
freedom of speech!
freedom of religion
Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

Although I think the lives of royals are very intriguing, the thought of actually being one is a no no in my opinion!!! I mean yes, there are some good points, but they are outweighed by the bad points.

I hate the thought of not being able to walk around freely without cameras in my face. I would hate not being able to quickly visit the shops looking a mess but not caring!
But the worst thing of all for me , the biggest chatterbox in the world, would be having to watch what I say and when I say it. With my friends I can say whatever I feel like- but I know that would be diffrent if I was a Royal.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Message boards
Old 09-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Nobility

goodbye freedom!
goodbye privacy!
And having a job that is not necessary, it is all formal and protocol, (of course you mean something to certain groups of people, but that is because you are a public figure.)
Attending all kinds of events and occasions is most part of the job, and it is just being there and saying something. It is just in the name (a princess), nothing more.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

I have to agree w everyone who said a loss of personal privacy and in a sense personal freedom. Fame scares me and to be instantly recognizable wherever I went would have me a nervous wreck. Plus, I wouldn't want to be consistently judged if I gained some weight, had a bad hair day, wore an outfit too revealing - or not revealing enough. Just too much pressure to be perfect.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Courtier

I wanna live a normal life and be useful.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
and be useful.
That is exactly what I meant in my previous post.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Nobility

I would very much like to add a comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Message boards
I do agree with You! There are more specific reasons I would like to add, but It will only give me more problems in this forum.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I would never want to be a royal.

I love my freedom.
I love the fact that I can come and go as I please.
I cherish my privacy.
I love that I can speak my mind (freedom of speech) and decide which religion I want to follow.
I love that I can decide which political ideologies and party that I want to side with, without having someone tell me that I can't.

Another immense pressure that comes with being a royal: the loss of privacy for my friends and family. I wouldn't want to subject them to that type of harassment.
I love the fact that I have made my own money, with lots leftover, and to spend it as I wish.
I wouldn't want to be pressured into having kids and I wouldn't want to be seen as a "baby machine" to keep the monarchy going.

Basically, it isn't really all that "fun" nor is it a great life when one has to give up several of life's greatest gifts: freedom, soul, and peace.

I have the choice how I want to live my life! Royals cannot. In the end, that is a sad way to live in this day and age.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Courtier

Another reason is to be careful at what I say; I couldn't always voice my true feelings and that is sooooooooooooooo haaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrddddddddd not to do!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Royal Highness

I love royal-watching but never could be a royal. I enjoy my privacy and I'm not a big fan of being photographed. Besides, I can't imagine stressing over my wardrobe everytime I step out of the house (or palace) for an errand and analyzing everything that comes out of my mouth. All that stress would lead to an early death for me.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Aristocracy

I would extent this topic to add also reasons why you would never want to be a celebrity. It seems as though many people today are aspiring to be famous in paticular reality stars. Anyways everyone has already mentioned the reasons, the major one for me would be privacy.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Reasons I'd never want to be royal:

1. I don't necessarily want children. If it happens, great....but I'm not planning on it.

2. I'm not religious and I would hate faking it constantly going to church for different services and what not.

3. I need my privacy. I can't be photographed, hounded and gossiped about 24 hours a day. I'd go crazy.

4. All the jewels and designer clothes are nice, but I often feel these people are lonely sometimes. I hate feeling that way.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

People say you lose your freedom and privacy as big downsides.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Reasons I'd never want to be royal:

1. I don't necessarily want children. If it happens, great....but I'm not planning on it.

2. I'm not religious and I would hate faking it constantly going to church for different services and what not.

3. I need my privacy. I can't be photographed, hounded and gossiped about 24 hours a day. I'd go crazy.

4. All the jewels and designer clothes are nice, but I often feel these people are lonely sometimes. I hate feeling that way.

Absolutely agree with above
Old 09-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Courtier

All eyes are always on you when you are in the public eye if you are a famous person. I would want to have my privacy and freedom and to have a normal life. I also would not want to be judged by the press or people and to have pressure to look prefect and to say the right things in public. There are many reasons why you never want to be royal though.