Which Royal Would You Be?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think i could do it... even if i was seeing a prince... i just couldnt give up being me... i also wouldnt want anyone to know anything about my personal life... like where we met... if we have kissed in public etc...

not to mention the beauty curse... where you are watched like a victoria secret model... natuarally alot of women put on and loose weight over the year... how bad would that be for everyone to critise you on a fat day...

Alright Ladies and Gents, I've often wondered if being completely in the public life would actually be a freeing experience. Everything you do is exposed, thus you can just be you. Granted, you do need to be a good & polite person, but if that comes naturally, then I do wonder if being royal, or a public figure in any capacity, could actually be a liberating experience?? :rolleyes:

I could NEVER be a royal or marry one. Never.
The loss of my freedom & privacy would be too great. And no I couldn't resist the urge to mouth off to or punch a reporter/photographer who had it coming to him/her!

I wouldn´t necessarily worry about the assasination attempts. I mean if you are a celebrity of any kind, you might have stalkers and so forth. But for most celebrities being killed is not an issue like it may be for royals.

Reasons why you want to be a royal

Name your reasons for why you want to be a royal.

To be able to help and be a voice for those who may not have a strong one.

The tiara's and gala dresses are a nice added perk though!! ;)

Loss of privacy would be the worst possible thing for me.

bad_barbarella said:
unless you are like me and have had stalkers... then you can worry
O, that´s awful. I didn´t mean to demean the severity of the issue. Sorry.

Since a loss of privacy seems to be an issue for a lot of people, then perhaps I should say "Be a royal in the pre-tabloid era".

well angel s, im heartbroken i didnt know royals had a salary.
my new bennie franklin list
maybe a new free dress with matching hat, i can have as many childeren as i want,
the down side is same as above

i would love to have a large family and not have to worry about the cost
someone else can do the dishes
i love horses & then i would be able to afford a couple of horses
no clean up.........sounds great to me

I agree with everything that was said in this topic. And I add that being a royal is so far from my way of like, because I'm involved in politics and militantism, and I wouldn't bear not being allowed to express my opinions about lot of subjects.

i have never really stopped to think how hard it would be for those born into royalty trying to be normal

First of all it would be great to have influence about issues I care about!! And more superficial; I've always dreamt of living in a mansion or a palace, and to not have to worry about money would be lovely :D

Although it is obviously open to debate, I personaly belive that a modern constitutional monarchy is a good form of government. As a monarch (Emperor would be good but Grand Duke will do me) I would love to have the chance to put these values into practice by providing a nation with a representative unbiased by poltics or a need to take risks with the nation to enhance my own pocket/career as i would already have the top job and therefore no need to run for it like politicians. I would like to keep the polticians from running away with policies designed to keep them in power longer and line their own pockets than the long term welfair of their nation. I would enjoy encouraging my nation to grow on humanitarian and democratic levels and devote time to those who just want to know someone is listening. Being a modern monarch who had at least a voice to encourage and to warn from a neutral point of view is a worthwhile job that would really matter. The glamour and the glitz are fine but hypertheticaly anyone could earn enough to maintain a glitzy lifestyle without the media attention... the best part of being a royal today is having the opertunity to do something worthwhile...

I love being Royal and more famous! I wanted to famous clothes like Princess Diana and lots more no matters for me!

Sara Boyce

Gentry

I think "Splodger" has it right!. I think Monarchy in its modern constitutional form provides a dignified and disinterested face of government and a Sovereign who is wise and devoted to his/her role is an incalculable asset to a nation.
Also...it would be fun to see these narcissitci politicians with their big party apparatuses occasionally have to behave humbly and respectfully to someone who will be there after they're out of office.

lol i would take a great interest in the government and know exactly where the people stand...

i would want to be a guardian angel... trying to make the country better...

making sure there is emergency evacuation if there was an invasion... i wouldnt want so many innocent people to be unsafe...

i would visit sick children to give them hope... but i wouldnt want any media to follow me... because i would prefer to touch someones life...

To sit on a throne in my ermine cloak, and be awondered by the world. ;)

KikkiB said:
First of all it would be great to have influence about issues I care about!! And more superficial; I've always dreamt of living in a mansion or a palace, and to not have to worry about money would be lovely :D
Ditto for me too! It wld be wonderful to hve some influence and be able to do alot of good for various causes close to my heart. And which girl don't dream of being able to dress in designer clothes, gowns and stunning jewels..and not hve to worry where the money comes from?!!!

thats my reason for wanting to be royal..

Eliza said:
Ditto for me too! It wld be wonderful to hve some influence and be able to do alot of good for various causes close to my heart.
That is a good point, I think it’s also my point if I want to be a princess.

Eliza said:
..and not hve to worry where the money comes from?!!! thats my reason for wanting to be royal..
Uhmmm……. I can not say the same thing about it. In my opinion: …….Yes, I have not to be worry about money because it will granted given to me...but what I should be worry is the money will be from tax payer and they will never let anybody take their money for nothing, then they expect me to work hard and do my duty very seriously to satisfied them, otherwise they will fried me
:( . From this point I should be worry if I could not satisfy them enough then something bad might be happened to me(to satisfied many people or a whole country is not an easy thing).

Last edited:
the palaces....*dreamy look* and the good clothes...hehehe and omg don't forget some of the good looking princes hahaha

I can't go shopping and spend money like crazy without being criticized and labelled evil names hehehehe...and i would probably have to stop talking too much and too loud and that goes to laughing as well hahaha...

Why i can never be royal... etc

hillary_nugent said:
I can't go shopping and spend money like crazy without being criticized and labelled evil names hehehehe...and i would probably have to stop talking too much and too loud and that goes to laughing as well hahaha...
:D im the same...

• im a shopaholic... which is bad
  • im addicted to fashion... which is bad
  • i have too many friends... which is bad
  • i have dressed up as christina aguilera and my friends have photos... which is bad
  • i am obsessed with fairies and kids movies... which is bad
  • i died my hair black to look like paris... which is very bad
  • i have dated way too many ppl to name lol... which is very very bad
See im the opposite to what people want... im a supeficial space cadet... and could never change that :mad:

Let's see:
- no flying around the world on the government payroll.
- no fancy dress balls to host.
- no clothes allowance.
- no snazzie castle with staff catering to my (almost) every whim and desire.
- no tours of ships, mines, armed forces facilities, etc.
- no idolization.

.... all in all, then a pretty dull (and poor) life. ;)

Eliza said:
Ditto for me too! It wld be wonderful to hve some influence and be able to do alot of good for various causes close to my heart. And which girl don't dream of being able to dress in designer clothes, gowns and stunning jewels..and not hve to worry where the money comes from?!!!

thats my reason for wanting to be royal..
Sounds good. I mean the influence part. I don´t know about the ability to dress in the clothes, gowns and jewels though. It´s not for me! :) More thoughts on how much good people can do is welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom