The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-21-2004, 05:20 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with everything that was said in this topic. And I add that being a royal is so far from my way of like, because I'm involved in politics and militantism, and I wouldn't bear not being allowed to express my opinions about lot of subjects.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:11 AM
Courtier

i have never really stopped to think how hard it would be for those born into royalty trying to be normal

Old 12-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Courtier

All those bad reasons above are scared me even to havea dream that one day I will become a crown princes:p
Old 12-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't go shopping and spend money like crazy without being criticized and labelled evil names hehehehe...and i would probably have to stop talking too much and too loud and that goes to laughing as well hahaha...
Old 12-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Courtier

Cool Why i can never be royal... etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
I can't go shopping and spend money like crazy without being criticized and labelled evil names hehehehe...and i would probably have to stop talking too much and too loud and that goes to laughing as well hahaha...
im the same...
  • im a shopaholic... which is bad
  • im addicted to fashion... which is bad
  • i have too many friends... which is bad
  • i have dressed up as christina aguilera and my friends have photos... which is bad
  • i am obsessed with fairies and kids movies... which is bad
  • i died my hair black to look like paris... which is very bad
  • i have dated way too many ppl to name lol... which is very very bad
See im the opposite to what people want... im a supeficial space cadet... and could never change that
Old 12-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Royal Highness

Let's see:
- no flying around the world on the government payroll.
- no fancy dress balls to host.
- no clothes allowance.
- no snazzie castle with staff catering to my (almost) every whim and desire.
- no tours of ships, mines, armed forces facilities, etc.
- no idolization.

.... all in all, then a pretty dull (and poor) life.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

Having previously mentioned in Reasons to be Royal, how i would be a wounderful monarch :p, the worst part for me would then be... no retirement
Old 12-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel S.
1- assasination attempts
2- the paparazzi chasing you or trying to make you loose your temper.
3- can't vote or make any comments on politics.
4- can't say anything controversial even if you think it's the right thing.
5- You might have to change your religion.
6- Security has to go with you everywhere.
7- People will be jealous of you & may plot against you (courtiers etc).
8- you have to watch everything you say & do else the press will get ya.
9- You have to dress a certain way.
10- No more goth nights out.
11- every bad hair / skin day will be printed in the tabloids.
12- You have to smill all the time in public & be nice even if your feet hurt & you have a headache & PMS.
13- You work very hard to do a good job & appear like a good royal & some people are still not satisfied & never will be.
14- The pressure to marry well or have a baby right away.
15 - Having to dress up & wear a tiara even when you just want to be in bed in your PJ's.
16- Not having as much money as people think you do.
17- Always having to figure out what the "right thing" to do is.
18- After years of pushing yourself & being hard on yourself, you realize that mistakes happen & you'll never be perfect & having to live with that.

Yet with all that the one amazing thing about being a royal is that you have the opportunity to affect change on a global scale & to help people for the rest of your life. Some people can deal with all the things listed above for the chance to really make a difference.The chance to draw attention to charities & to meet important people & possibly influence them in a positive way. It's both a privilage and a very heavy cross to carry.
cudn't have said that better
Old 12-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Aristocracy

Talking

1- assasination attempts
2- the paparazzi chasing you or trying to make you loose your temper.
3- can't vote or make any comments on politics.
4- can't say anything controversial even if you think it's the right thing.
5- all the do's and don'ts from 0 age to 100.
6- Security has to go with you everywhere.
7- People will be jealous of you & may plot against you (courtiers etc).
8- you have to watch everything you say & do else the press will get ya.
9- You have to dress a certain way.
10- No more goth nights out.
11- every bad hair / skin day will be printed in the tabloids.
12- You have to smill all the time in public & be nice even if your feet hurt & you have a headache & PMS.
13- You work very hard to do a good job & appear like a good royal & some people are still not satisfied & never will be.
14- The pressure to marry well or have a baby right away.
15 - Having to dress up & wear a tiara even when you just want to be in bed in your PJ's.
16- Not having as much money as people think you do.
17- Always having to figure out what the "right thing" to do is.
18- After years of pushing yourself & being hard on yourself, you realize that mistakes happen & you'll never be perfect & having to live with that.

Yet with all that the one amazing thing about being a royal is that you have the opportunity to affect change on a global scale & to help people for the rest of your life. Some people can deal with all the things listed above for the chance to really make a difference.The chance to draw attention to charities & to meet important people & possibly influence them in a positive way. It's both a privilage and a very heavy cross to carry.

ITottally agree
Old 12-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Courtier

i just dont think i could give up my freedom... if i was in love with a prince i still wouldnt... i would just end it
Old 08-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Royal Highness

No private life
Old 08-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

I never would marry royalty because i coult not do the job i like , i work as a nurse. Oure family always lived in the neighbourhood of royalty ( we live in Apeldoorn, i always say we lived so close we can drink a cup of tea with princess Margriet and her family) I knew the sons of margriet very well, we used to play as little children together. When i see that Marilene can not walk with her childeren on the street because the photografers ar there to take pictures, i am glad to have a boyfriend who is a commoner.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Courtier

There is no reason
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Royal Highness

Well I think that my purpose is here in the United States. I think there are so many opportunities here in the US that I would rather take advantage of than to become royal and to be just a figurehead. I would get quickly bored and woudl yearn to do somethign more powerful.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

Becouse I´d be famous, and the paparazzis´ll follow me all time and the media and some people´ll critizate me in a bad way .And I´ll have to look always with a smile in my face, and really i´m not a "loving" person,sometimes i don´t even say "hi", but and i am like that couse i´m shy. :o
Then i might not eat a huge ice cream in public, i haven´t got "classy" for that:p .
I may take care of my looks: everyday brushing, well dressed, and´ll have to be slim for enter in those dresess! :p
The protocol!!! That is not nice!
I might learn a new lenguage and it could be hard.
And the main reason: i´m against monarchy so i´ll lie myself and the people wearing a tiara!:( And i´ll have to say the right thing and not what i really think.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Courtier

I would lose my privacy.
People would constantly be judging me and my actions.
I can't slip out of the house in just my baggy sweat suits.

But then again, I could marry into a very private princely family!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Nobility

Royalty is like dictatorship there is always going to be someone telling you what to do at all times like what to say, how to dress, and doing things that you do not want to do. And then you'd have to go through how to be a princess boot camp thing that would be so stressful. Another thing I wouldn't want to waste tax money on expensive ass clothes.

I would just end up being hella depresed and doing drugs or thoughts about killing myself.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
But then again, I could marry into a very private princely family!!!
That is a very good idea. I would not mind that or marrying a noble as long as our base was the US.

ALso I would not mind being a royal if I were the sovereign Queen-not consort. I could establish traditions that the family could follow, but I woudl try to make life a llittle easier for my family.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I wouldn't like to ask Parliament's permission to get married. Imagine how embarassing that would be.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Nobility

-Loss of privacy (although how much of it I lose would probably depend on which family I married into)
-Worried about not fitting in with royals
-Being accused of gold digging/social climbing
-Might have to change religions
-Pressure to look a certain way all the time
-Having to maintain a certain schedule (I couldn't go and do whatever I want whenever I want)
-Having to ask government permission to get married
-The pressure to have a male child (again, this would depend on which family I married into)
-Having to appear happy all the time
-Afraid of being seen as a sort of traitor by other people in my country for marrying a foreigner and moving to their country (although the chance to see other parts of the world is something I would consider a plus to being royal)