The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-23-2017, 11:20 PM
Nobility

My interest was started when my father told me about Princess Margaret's louche new hot piece of totty husband Antony Armstrong Jones.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Just a note that we also have the following thread available to share how we got interested in royalty: How / Why did you get interested in royalty?

Old 12-18-2017, 07:10 AM
Majesty

To be honest my family thinks my passion for royalty means I am quite batty, in the nicest possible way of course.

Coming from a country where New Idea graces the local Supermarket checkout you can imagine some odd the, ah spirited debates that erupt frome time to time.

Whenever one of then moans about mentioning anything about them and insists I desist . . . I agree. As long as they do the same about golf!😊
Old 12-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As I live in a rural area on a mountain in a forest and we're pretty much homebodies, there aren't many people I actively interact with where any talk of royalty or interest in all things royal would pop up. Even with my kids, we talk about other things. I think though that should someone walk into my home and take a good look at my library I've amassed, they'd be surprised as basically all the books fall into three categories. Ancient civilizations, royal biographies and metaphysics.

Hubby has grown to realize that I spend a lot of time on TRF and most of the conversations I have going with people I know from here (my sister and I are a prime example. She sends me a text on his phone "check out TRF!" and he knows something has happened in the world of royalty and tells me pronto. He has taken great pleasure out being the first to wake me up and say "Kate had a boy!" and has sat and watched the W&K's wedding with me and asking questions.

Finding TRF really was a godsend for me. Like minded people all in a global society. I can talk to people around the world and never leave my armchair. Same with books. I guess I'm an armchair kind of person. Suits me just fine!
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-18-2017, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

People here have asked me to tell them what I have read about Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Diana. At least they know that Elizabeth II is the sovereign of Great Britain.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:57 PM
Serene Highness

I don't talk to anyone about my interest in royals as only one person that I'm friends with is interested in them (she likes British royals) as they have no interest and roll their eyes.
There is no point talking to someone about something that doesn't interest them.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

It works quite well for the 'two truths and a lie' game; as several people know of my interest but many others don't...
Old 04-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Some people find it a bit odd, especially since I am an American!

On the other hand, people come to me for an explanation whenever there's a mention of any royal event - which happens quite frequently.

So, it's all good.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:33 PM
Majesty

I don't know anyone with much interest in the BRF ..maybe a passing knowledge but no one who follows them etc. Just going to be my granddaughter and I watching the wedding!

LaRae
Old 05-13-2018, 07:26 AM
Majesty

Well I hope to be online using my computer and watching it live on line too. There's just me, brie & crackers while the Poodle thinks I've lost the plot. Oh well, at least I have my forum friends who woo undoubtedly be online too.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

I do not know one person either in my personal family or many friends that has any interest in Royalty what-so-ever. They can't recognize any except British royals and then only Queen and Philip and a few others. Most don't even know what countries have royal families and don't care. They all think I am nuts. It really came to front recently when I told then that Prince Harry was getting married on my birthday, May 19th and they asked WHO! Once I told them he was Diana boy they just said that it was a shame she died so young. I definitely will watch if I can and if it doesn't interfere with my personal social life. I am sure there will be many special reviewing over the following weeks or even DVDs of the even as there was of William's
Old 05-13-2018, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I do not know one person either in my personal family or many friends that has any interest in Royalty what-so-ever. They can't recognize any except British royals and then only Queen and Philip and a few others. Most don't even know what countries have royal families and don't care. They all think I am nuts. It really came to front recently when I told then that Prince Harry was getting married on my birthday, May 19th and they asked WHO! Once I told them he was Diana boy they just said that it was a shame she died so young. I definitely will watch if I can and if it doesn't interfere with my personal social life. I am sure there will be many special reviewing over the following weeks or even DVDs of the even as there was of William's
In countries that are monarchies, it is quite common to find people who are royal watchers or follow the royals. If you live, however, in a republic, especially outside Europe, being a royal watcher is still an eccentricity.

However, nowadays, thanks to the internet and social media, other royal families (besides the British RF, I mean) actually get far more coverage and we have the opportunity to see lots of royal events online, from countries which otherwise would get no coverage at all in our national TV channels. The number of people who follow those events is still quite low, but I think it is bigger than it used to be in the past.

The British RF, as I said many times before, is an exception in the sense that they are celebrities on their own (especially the Queen , Charles, and Diana's sons) and get massive media coverage, not only from royalist sites or channels. Other royal families have a more "regional" appeal, for example, the Spanish RF in Portugal/Spain properly and in Latin America, or the Swedish RF in Scandinavia, Germany and the Baltic countries.