Pronunciation of Royal Names

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be pronounced something like "Teera".

"y" is pronounced just like an "ü" - so I learned it and we pronounce it like that. So, you can do it so: Tur-aah and you should pronounce that "ur" like that in "tur-ning" :)

Yes, the "y" is pronounced like "ü", but that sound doesn't exist in English. The closest sound is the "e" sound in "here" and "clear".

:previous:

I know, but some posts ago someone explained it quite similar. I think, "ur" comes little bit nearer to "yr" as "eer". :flowers:

How is the birthname of Princess Mathilde of Belgium (d'Udekem d'Acoz) pronounced?

GEE-om

gee - rhymes with "see", but the G is pronounced like the G in "Gabriella", not like in "gentry" for example.
om - rhymes with "dome"

I hope, this helps. :flowers:

The King of Thailand, Bhumibol Adulyadej

PU-mee-pawn ah-doon-yah-DEHT

(Thai is a tonal language, so if you know tones, the syllabes are PU steady, mee rising, pawn steady, ah falling, doon steady, yah falling, DEHT falling. The two Bs in Bhumibol are pronounced like Ps, and slightly softer than in English, while the Ls are pronounced like Ns.)

How about Ragnild and Astrid (As-tree or Astridd?)?

how about the names for the wee little prince and princess of denmark i mean the greenlandic names

Frederik said "Minik" like the english word "mimic" just with an N in the middle.

Mary said "Ivalo" like "Eva Longoria" without the "ngoria". I really love the sound of this name.

But I'm not sure if even they had it right. The greenlandic language is very difficult. I'm completely confused even by looking at greenlandic words. I would never dare pronouncing them. Anyone from Greenland here who agree with how Frederik and Mary pronounced the names?

To pronounce Eugenie in French, it's hard to try to tell it in text.

The Eu is pronounced like "book" in English- Uuh? No idea how to spell what I'm trying to say!

Next syllable would be zhe, a soft j sound, syllable pronounced like "heh" but with that soft j sound.

Last syllable would be NEE.

uuh zhe NEE

That first syllable is a hard one to explain! Such a pretty name though. :flowers:

To pronounce Eugenie in French, it's hard to try to tell it in text.

The Eu is pronounced like "book" in English- Uuh? No idea how to spell what I'm trying to say!

Next syllable would be zhe, a soft j sound, syllable pronounced like "heh" but with that soft j sound.

Last syllable would be NEE.

uuh zhe NEE

That first syllable is a hard one to explain! Such a pretty name though. :flowers:

I remember reading somewhere that when asked, the Princess replied "it's like 'use your knee'". Wish I could find the reference...

How about Ragnhild and Astrid (As-tree or Astridd?)?
I would say that the -d in the end of the names are pronounced (Astridd), there is a variant of Astrid spelled as Astri and unless the -d in the end isn't pronounced you wouldn't be able to hear any difference between those names.

Frederik said "Minik" like the english word "mimic" just with an N in the middle.

Mary said "Ivalo" like "Eva Longoria" without the "ngoria". I really love the sound of this name.

But I'm not sure if even they had it right. The greenlandic language is very difficult. I'm completely confused even by looking at greenlandic words. I would never dare pronouncing them. Anyone from Greenland here who agree with how Frederik and Mary pronounced the names?
I work together with two young people from Greenland and they pronounce the names in the same way. So the CPC were saying the names right :flowers:

Anyone know how to say Benedikte?

Yeah, I know, since it´s my name :flowers: But I don´t know how to explain it though :ermm:
But it´s the female version of Benedict/Benedikt, just like the Pope :)

Last edited:
Is King Baudouin's name pronounced: "Boh-doo-een" or "Bohd-ween"?

Yeah, I know, since it´s my name :flowers: But I don´t know how to explain it though :ermm:
But it´s the female version of Benedict/Benedikt, just like the Pope :)
Do you know the latin mass text "Benedictus, qui venit"? If you exchange the "tus" with the sound of "the minus the "th"", then you have Benedicte/Benedikte :flowers:

How about Prince Félix of Luxembourg's name? Does it pronounce "Fay-Leeks" or "Fay-Lee"?

Anyone know how to say Mette Marit?By the way,is that a common name in Norway?

Baudouin = Baldwin in englisch or Balduin in german.
It's an old european name with gemanic or celtic roots (i don't know which)

Baudouin = Baldwin in englisch or Balduin in german.
It's an old european name with gemanic or celtic roots (i don't know which)

Thanks. I also thought that the name "Baudouin" has a similarity to the name "Baldwin".

The name "Baudouin" in Dutch is "Boudewijn". How "Boudewijn" is pronounced? How do the Dutch pronounce the alphabet "J"?

princes fahdah , how we say her name ? we say "fadah" ?
prince hashem is with H or nother leter in arabi use ?
prince hamzah is with H or nother leter in arabi use ?
princes reem her "raim" or "reem" becase "rym" ?

prince haakon we say "haaaakoon" or "hakon quickly"?

princes fahdah , how we say her name ? we say "fadah" ?
prince hashem is with H or nother leter in arabi use ?
prince hamzah is with H or nother leter in arabi use ?
princes reem her "raim" or "reem" becase "rym" ?

prince haakon we say "haaaakoon" or "hakon quickly"?

you say FAHDDA you say exactly the way i wrote it you stress on the D ok .... for hashim it H EVEN IN ARABIC .... for HAMZAH we write H BUT it is not H IT IS ANOTHER LETTER IN ARABIC.... FOR REEM we say it reem like seem :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom