The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Here is a portrait I draw of Letizia. Later I added some effects at my computer.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Here is a portrait I draw of Letizia. Later I added some effects at my computer.
YAY ! It totally looks like her! Really nice .

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 03-03-2008, 04:51 PM

My art work by William & Harry

Old 03-03-2008, 04:51 PM

Old 03-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Nobility

oh my goodness those pictures of Prince William and Harry are wonderful!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

You ROCK didka mj !!! You're very talented. Such a wonderful job. . What kind of tools do you use to make those great colors ?

Because it matters...
Old 03-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Lots of talented people here!

Well this isn't exactly a member (though i bet we would have loved to have Queen Victoria join us on the Royal forums - we were a bit after her time)

Queen Victoria was an amateur artist and she did some portraits of herself and her family members.

Here is a self portrait of Victoria at age of 25.

And here is a portrait of her great love and husband, Prince Albert.

Queen Victoria was also a budding landscape painter. Here is her painting of twilight.

Notice that she probably didn't paint from photographs but from actual people and scenes so it was much harder.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Royal Highness

We have some truly talented people on here! And this is from a person who came out of Art I with a low B grade.

Those pictures of William and Harry were absolutely stunning! They look exactly like them. Nice work!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Well done, didka mj, thank you for posting your work. The fourth portrait, in your last post, of William is simply beautiful. I wish I could draw... but I do a mean stick figure.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is a quick sketch showing two hats worn by Diana. I'll complete it with some informations on the side of each portrait.

Because it matters...
Old 03-10-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
What kind of tools do you use to make those great colors ?
I use water colour pencils!
Old 03-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Commoner

my painting

I hope this gets through. It is the first time I'm doing an attachment and it is of a painting I did of Diana Princess of Wales and Prince Charles. Here goes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Charles and Di.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	262254  
Old 07-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm looking for a photographic portrait in color of Diana. I'm risking myself at painting (literally pushing myself toward many problems and hours of frustration...). If you have propositions, please post them here ! Bear in mind that you have 99 % of chance to see a disastrous result (if I have the strength to post it !)

Because it matters...
Old 08-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Keep it coming, guys! Some of this artwork is brilliant!

We can always use original artwork at our articles site; however, drawings ahd paintings that are exact copies of copyrighted photos would still be covered by the copyright on the photos so we can't use them. But for those imaginative artists out there, who knows what we might be able to do.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh darn it! I just emptied the the lint from the dryer!
Sorry, no pics here!

Old 09-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I'm looking for a photographic portrait in color of Diana. I'm risking myself at painting (literally pushing myself toward many problems and hours of frustration...). If you have propositions, please post them here ! Bear in mind that you have 99 % of chance to see a disastrous result (if I have the strength to post it !)
TheTruth, I have a couple of suggestions.
One

Or two, and I'm sorry I cant find the picture, but it is a portrait photo taken very soon after Harry's birth, it has a blue backgroung, with Diana wearing what I think was a white satin top with slightly puffed sleeves.
There were several pictures released that 'day' (all in the same clothes and setting) and in some I think William is wearing blue shorts and a white top.
I hope that is enough detail for someone to find the pic.

And finally Diana wore a strapless gown with a red skirt, and on at least one occassion she wore one red glove and one black one. I have a feeling that the time I am thinking of she was not in England, and there are several taken that night which would I (with absolutely no knowledge of art) think would lend themselves to your purpose.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:57 PM

Old 08-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Hi didka mj, I just LOVE that portrait. You're very talented, it looks so real! Congratulations.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:51 PM

Old 09-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Courtier

Hi, thank you so much for posting your gorgeous own royal-artwork, TheTruth, Her_Majesty, didka mj and Sasha3! It was a wonderful idea to introduce this topic to the Royal Chit Chat corner, Empress.

As a brand new forum-member in February 2010, I considered starting a new thread for such gifted (hobby-)drawers or -painters like all of you, but didn’t dare because of not being in a position to contribute adequately to it myself since I’m rather occupied with singing and ballet dancing in my leisure time .

Nevertheless, I’ve made an exception in September 2002 (in order to create a somewhat personal birthday present for queen Paola) and posted a scan (although smaller than the original viz. “low quality”) of this pencil-drawing in TRF: http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1266084721
For background information about the fairly unusual theme view post #72 here: Avatars, Fanart & Wallpaper
Greetings,
Lina -looking forward to further beautiful drawings or paintings in this thread