The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

Places to meet a Prince/Princess!

This is a just for fun thread.

I posted a comment in the Joachim-Marie Cavallier thread how she happened to meet a prince at a dinner party. Then others posted and I realized that many regular people met their royal/princely spouses by chance.

Joachim and Alex met at a dinner party
W-A and Maxima met in Spain at a party
Max and Angela met through mutual friends at a dinner party
Fred and Mary met in a bar

Do you think it was purely fate involved in these women meeting their Prince or do you think there are certain places/events you can go to meet a royal?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 02-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

what about member of British Royals Families have meet?

Princess Elizabeth of England they now HM Queen Elizabeth of England and Duke of Edinburgh - 1947-present
when young Princess Elizabeth met Prince Philip when she was 13 Philip was older than Elizabeth at Naval Academy.

Princess Margaret and Lord Snowdon -1960 to 1979 hard to answer this question if you have comment about this

Prince Charles and late Diana,Princess of Wales 1981-1996 - its totally lovely story on fairy tales on Charles and Diana when both met at hunting by Althorp home of Diana's when Charles been dating of 2 older sister of Diana's before Diana.

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowlers they now Duchess of Cornwall 2005-present

Charles and Camilla been still companion for more than 30 years but now 35 years and both met at polo party and both been chat on phone everyday how doing on Charles's marriages to Diana and also Camilla but HM Queen hardly think about Charles wanted married Camilla because Charles always happy see Camilla lots its so tough! when Camilla got divorces in 1995 and one year later Prince Charles got divorces from Diana in 1996 also. So they later in 2005 he ask Camilla to marry him and both still happy very much!

Princess Anne and Mark Phillips 1973-1992
you have comment about this?

Princess Anne and Tim Lawrence 1992 to present
you have comment about this?

Prince Andrew and Sarah,Duchess of York -1986 to1996
both met at polo i think so you have comment about this?

Prince Edward and Sophie-Rhys Jones now Countess of Wessex -1999 to present
Edward and Sophie both met at tennis raising funds and both been dating for 6 years but both been attend anywhere in England and known who she is and in England and USA never knew about Sophie is dating Prince Edward they later in Winter 1999 both got engagement plans getting married on June 19,1999.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Do you think it was purely fate involved in these women meeting their Prince or do you think there are certain places/events you can go to meet a royal?
I believe most was due to pure coincidence not fate. Then again, I don't really believe in the whole concept of destiny/fate.

Furthermore, since there are not that many royal bachelors left in the world, you're chances of meeting and eventually marrying a royal is zero. You would have a better chance of being struck by lightening three times in your lifetime than meeting and marrying a Prince.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

The Olympics
Paul of Greece & Frederika of Hanover - Berlin, 1936 (proposal)
Carl Gustav of Sweden & Silvia Sommerlath - Munich, 1972
Iñaki Urdangarín & Cristina of Spain - Atlanta, 1996
Frederick of Denmark & Mary Donaldson - Sydney, 2000

There are probably a few more, but these are the ones I thought of off the top my head.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Hmm.. Im taking notes Dinner parties and the Olympics..
Old 02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Serene Highness

The Olympics or World Cup even seem more obvious, but with the whole dinner party thing,I guess you'd have to know someone who knew a royal.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 02-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Yeah, BurberryBrit, and I don't know anyone who knows a royal.
I heard somewhere that after finding out that William was attending the university in Scotland, Kate went there as well.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
The Olympics or World Cup even seem more obvious, but with the whole dinner party thing,I guess you'd have to know someone who knew a royal.
Yes you're right.. dinner parties are more exclusive!
Old 02-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I think even with the Olympics or the World Cup you'd have to know somebody who knows the royal - or else be an Olympic winning athlete like Inaki was. That's the way he got to meet Christina.

The winning athletes get to meet pretty much anyone they want but its not easy to win at that stage.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae
Yeah, BurberryBrit, and I don't know anyone who knows a royal.
I heard somewhere that after finding out that William was attending the university in Scotland, Kate went there as well.
I read that too about Kate, but how crazy would that be that her plan worked! (if it's true)

Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
Yes you're right.. dinner parties are more exclusive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I think even with the Olympics or the World Cup you'd have to know somebody who knows the royal - or else be an Olympic winning athlete like Inaki was. That's the way he got to meet Christina.

The winning athletes get to meet pretty much anyone they want but its not easy to win at that stage.
You're right. You have to know someone. And chances are, if you know someone who knows a royal, you run in those wealthy social circles.

I guess another option is to be spotted from afar and knock his or her socks off. Autumn Kelly met one of Princess Ann's sons at the Canadian Grand Prix, right? I wonder if in her case, she was spotted from afar?

Another option still: go to a public charity event (the Rose Ball comes to mind or something like it) and get introduced to a royal since these events are usually more intimate and you have a greater chance of being noticed.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Aristocracy

Laurent and Claire met at a dinner party.

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal met at a dinner party.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

I believe Joachim met Alexandra at a dinner party in Hong Kong.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William and Kate Middleton met at fashion show funds when Kate was model and William watch Kate they he pays $250.00 pounds at show and kate and William little know each other but im sure who will dating Prince William?

but William and Kate been dating for 6 years its would be long years and someone says why not getting married anytimes and the couples been watch polo,rugby,out bars,clubs,etc and paparazzi getting pictures of couples for newspaper like late Diana,Princess of Wales when she was going to anywhere as funds.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMCS
Laurent and Claire met at a dinner party.

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal met at a dinner party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
I believe Joachim met Alexandra at a dinner party in Hong Kong.
Ah, more evidence for the dinner party.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Nobility

how did Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst met?
Old 02-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

Well, they're both royalty, so I don't think it would be a stretch for them to be in the same circles. I'm not sure how they met, though.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Nobility

Queen Rania and King Abdullah met at a diner party too.and i heard that this party is organized by Queen Rania's sister, is that true and what kind a party she organized which a royal attended??
Old 02-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe in some of these circumstances, there was a "cupid" organizing these dinner parties hoping that lightening would strike :)

Old 02-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Sofia and Juan Carlos met each other on a yatch.