Pick Four Royals For A Dinner Party!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princes William, Harry, Hamzah and Hashem.
I love them!

Ahem... :D I would choose Prince Philip (of course to share a joke, I bet I would laugh tears), Queen Margrethe (I simply adore her), Princess Michael of Kent (similar reason as for Margrethe ;)) and Prince Harry (for my very own pleasure :wub:)

Oh, and maybe I should invite Lord Linley as well, as he had a affinity for dinners with Princess M. :lol:

Duke of Edinburgh to talk and laugh with

P. Felipe - Spain
P. Frederick - Denmark
P. Haakon - Norway
King Abdullah - Jordan

My choices would be Queen Noor, Crown Princesses Mary, Maxima, and Masako. To me these are highly educated women. Who married into powerful families, and jobs. They were expected to make a favorable name for themselves, and their new families. I believe they have succeeded. Masako has had a rougher time then the rest it seemes. But I would love to talk about how they learned the job, new languages, and how to be glamorous for pictures. I would, I think, make pasta, salad, and chocolate fondue with fresh fruit. Plus I bet the gossip at the table would be wonderful!

After changing my mind several times, my pick would be:

Prince Joachim (interesting,kind,articulate,businessman-etc)
Princess Marie (kind,sweet

Crown Prince Haakon (again interesting,kind
Crown Princess Mettge-Marit

I would want my dinner party to "include ME" and the above would remember that --

At a seperate dinner I would like to invite:
Countess Alexandra and her x-father-in-law Prince Henrik

I know that sounds strange, but think how interesting both would be....both lived in a Country that was being taken over (by China), both are articulate,people-type persons,both good with languages & customs,both marrying into Royalty that changed their life,both interested in food & wine, etc

And they get along, although I don't think either would want to help do the dishes----but who knows -- they could surprise me

ps: Martin would NOT be invited

Every one knows you need at least 6 for it to be a dinner party ;) But if only 4...

The Duchess of Cornwall - I'd love to throw back a few G'n'T's with her, I bet she'd have you in stitches the whole night.
Queen Elizabeth II - It was during a state dinner, when the PM got lost, that I noticed a slight mischievous sense of humour about her. I would just love to know the Lady behind the diamond studded crown.
Prince Carl-Phillip - to look at, to drool at, to get him drunk and see what happens....
Prince Albert II - He seems like such an intelligent, adventurous, carpe diem type of guy.

Extra two:
Prince Frederick - seems like a really easy going fun loving guy.
Princess Letizia - smart, savvy, and strong.

Deceased:
Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother - basically, she is like my idol. Steely, Machiavellian, yet Optimistic, and almost always nearly drunk. ;)
Princess Grace - her serenity and warmth must have lighten up every room she walked into.
King Christian X - a legendary and complicated person, and old time royal who managed to become a beloved leader of a 20th century people.
Queen Wilhelmina - as the great man Churchill said, "She was the only man in Europe" during the war.

1)Prince william of wales
2)prince willem
3)princess Victoria
4)princess Maxima

What royals would you invite to dinner?

If you had your choice of inviting royals to dinner, who would you pick and why?

I would invite CP Victoria and her husband Prince Daniel, Princess Madeline and a guest of her chosing, CP Haakon and Mette-Marit and Prince William and Kate Middleton.

All of these individuals are interesting to me. They have varied interests which would make such a dinner quite interesting.

Although I feel great sympathy for CP Viktoria and her husband, I would invite the Prince of Wales. I think that the evening would be more interresting, and we share some interrests. Organic gardening, architecture and philosophy for example. He is an interresting man and I would like to listen to him. As for CP Viktoria and Prince Daniel - I am happy just to see them together, no need to go into conversation.

Men :

- CP Frederik of Denmark
- King Mohammed VI
- Prince Philip
- CP Felipe of Spain

Women :

- CP Mary of Denmark
- Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco
- Queen Margrethe
- Queen Elizabeth

as for me Mary,Queen Elizabeth, me and prince harry i would love to see the look on the Queen face when harry ask my hand in marriage:lol: it will be a night to remember.:D

I would pick the older royals...that way I could gather lots of wisdom from them.

1. Queen Elizabeth
2. Queen Silvia
3. Prince Charles
4. King Carl Gustaf

1. Princess Madeleine
2. CP Victoria
3. Prince Carl-Philip
4. Duke Daniel(sounds harder than prince:))

Food: BBQ Buffalo wings and french fries. I dont have to think in another language and we can always discuss sports or watch a game on the TV.

OR
1. Princess madeleine
2. Prince Harry
3. Prince William
4. Prince Fredrik

Fredrik to get another one in my age. Harry and William to set one of them up with Madeleine. Fish and Chips is the dish here

Today I would invite:
Crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel
King Juan Carlos and queen Sofia

Two royals couples with different countries, different kind of monarquies and different ages.

To start out the day a visit to the Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania would be a good start. I visited last month when I was on vacation. It has everything that you can possible imagine as far as gardening. All kinds of different plants for all over the world. I would invite Prince Charles and Camilla and King Carl Gustav and Queen Sylvia to a dinner party held on the Gardens in a private dinning room. Then a movie about Longwood Gardens, as well as other Gardens in the area.

The couples are within the same age group and Princess Charles and King Carl Gustav have an interest in gardening. I don't know if the ladies are interested in gardening.

Wilmington Delaware has a long of beautiful gardens and beautiful homes. I never would have thought of it or the area around it as having some of the most premiere gardens in the United States.

Hmm. A guy and 4 women. O, my. Let´s see. How about Märtha Louise, Mathilde, Mette-Marit and Mary? Yeah, that would be good. I´m sure there are plenty of other wonderful and personable female royals out there but I think that they would be my top 4. It would be a small intimate party with plenty of hors d´oeuvres prepared by yours truly followed by a 5 course meal(made by yours truly as well), and ending with a fireside chat(with coffee and cakes) about various things like travel, their respective countries, hideous fashions and the best and worst things that they have encountered as princesses.(Like the people with the clammiest handshakes or the little things that make their heart warm for example). :)

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself...the four M's are a down to earth, real bunch, mothers of lots...And I am annoyed that I forgot about Martha-Louise in my Top 6 post...She is artistic and zany and mother of 3, but I guess she would be a later addition to my friends circle being the sister-in-law to Mette-Marit ;)

from the older generation:
Queen Elisabeth
Queen Beatrix
Queen Noor
Queen Sophia
a lot of wisdom, life experience and exciting stories
and from younger generation:
Princess Maxima
Princess Letizia
Princess Victoria
Queen Rania
like I said in other post all educated, intelligent and interesting women

prince William
prince Harry
prince Carl Philip
Pierre Casiraghi (Monaco)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to dine with

CP Felipe
CP Haakon
Prince Joachim
CP Viktoria

because the conversation would be very interesting

Queen Elizabeth, Queen Beatrix, Queen Margrethe & Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa

Queen Noor-the most interesting royal-her insights on the middle east an American becoming a royal and a young step-mother all the Palace intrigue-it would take four dinners to get all the information I want from her!

Prince William or Harry or even Zara Phillips on the life of young royals and what they would do differently from their parents and what the would do like their parents

Maskao of Japan-if she could open up I would like to know what she's thinking and feeling about her life and what she would change

Maxima-if the conversation lagged she seems so outgoing and bubbly she would keep things lively.

Princess Grace
Princess Diana
Duchess of Windsor
Queen Noor
Queen Margrethe II
Prince Henrik to charm all the ladies

One American Royal (or so we think)
Jackie Kennedy

Last edited:
CP Victoria
Pr Daniel
CP Haakon
CP Mette-Marit

I think it would be fun and interesting dinner.

QEII
Princess Caroline
Prince Harry
Princess Maxima

Infanta Christina
Princess Martha-Lousie
Princess Mathilde
Princess Victoria

Boys:
Prince Philippe
Prince Haakon
Prince Daniel
Prince Wilhem-Alexander

Younger female Royals:
Crown Princess Victoria
Princess Mathilde
Princess Maxima
Princess Masako

Younger male Royals:
Crown Prince Haakon
Prince Joachim
Prince Daniel
The Prince of Asturias

Older female Royals (have adult children):
Queen Sonja
Queen Silvia
Queen Margrethe
Queen Beatrix

Older male Royals
King Harald
King Juan Carlos
Grand Duke Henri
if I could bring someone back to life, the late Prince Claus (maybe we could converse with him via a medium or something :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom