The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
I will stick to the topic - four royals! I would make it a ladies dinner and my guests would be; Letizia and Maxima because they are very bright and articulate with interesting careers behind them and would contribute to lively discussions, duchess of Alba is just one-of-a-kind and Queen Margrethe of Denmark for her intellect and varied talants in the arts.
Just four royals? :(
Ok, let me try again...
  1. King Juan Carlos of Spain
  2. Queen Elizabeth of Britain
  3. Queen Margrethe of Denmark
  4. the King of the Saudis
Do I still get at least celebrity guests disguised as entertainment? Then I want:
Robin Williams and Joan Rivers
the two stars of Absolutely Fabulous
Dame Edna
and of course, The Rolling Stones

The place: The Waldorf Astoria in New York, then we all head to see either the Lion King or the Producers. But we can also take our Royals to a Karaoke bar. Imagine Juan Carlos, Margrethe, Elizabeth and the King of the Saudis on stage doing an impersonation of ABBA's Dancing Queen!

Old 12-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

My guests would include:

Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mum
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
King Juan Carlos of Spain
Princess Margriet of The Netherlands

Old 12-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
Just four royals? :(
Ok, let me try again...
  1. King Juan Carlos of Spain
  2. Queen Elizabeth of Britain
  3. Queen Margrethe of Denmark
  4. the King of the Saudis
Do I still get at least celebrity guests disguised as entertainment? Then I want:
Robin Williams and Joan Rivers
the two stars of Absolutely Fabulous
Dame Edna
and of course, The Rolling Stones

The place: The Waldorf Astoria in New York, then we all head to see either the Lion King or the Producers. But we can also take our Royals to a Karaoke bar. Imagine Juan Carlos, Margrethe, Elizabeth and the King of the Saudis on stage doing an impersonation of ABBA's Dancing Queen!
I would prefer to watch them doing YMCA by the village people (QEII as a construction worker )
Old 01-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess

You know what you should do? take her to a non-smoking venue, and watch her twitch and contort..how much fun would that be?
Or invite Henrik and say that you can't have any alcohol!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

How funny!

Just for the family interaction, I'd like to sit at dinner with

Queen Margrethe, her sisters
Princess Benedikte
Queen Anne-Marie and their first cousin
King Carl-Gustaf

Carl-Gustaf teased Margrethe about her smoking during her 60th birthday celebrations so I imagine they have a playful relationship. I think it would be fun to see in private!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
How funny!

Princess Benedikte
King Carl-Gustaf

Carl-Gustaf teased Margrethe about her smoking during her 60th birthday celebrations so I imagine they have a playful relationship. I think it would be fun to see in private!
Yeah!!
I can imagine....
Old 01-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Courtier

I choose 4 dinners with The Duke of York. Yep, 4 lovely dates with the lovely prince.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Aristocracy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
How funny!

Princess Benedikte
King Carl-Gustaf

I don't remember what he said to Margrethe. Does someone remember? Thanks.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Courtier

HM Queen Margrethe
HM Queen Anne-Marie
HRH Princess Benedikte
HH Prince Richard of Berleburg (He would be the added flavor to the meal with his bluntness; which I love)
Old 02-09-2006, 08:38 AM

Talking

If i could dream, it would be an all female party, i would invite Queen Sonja, and clone a double of her. The other two, they would have to be fans of Enya and Michael Jackson, so we would have something in common to talk about, and hopefully share plenty of laughs about silly things.We would spend the rest of the evening dancing to beautiful music in an intimate ballroom. (where ever that may be, some penthouse overlooking a mountain range preferably) Yeah, i would cut the rug with Queen sonja until she can't 'take no more' I have a soft spot for older women anyway, and i think Sonja is so HOT, she has that fantastic figure, which just makes me think that she is the sort of woman who loves to dance, and she seems to have a radiant personality.

If Princess Diana were alive, she would have to be one of the other two, as i admire so much her compassionate and loving spirit.:)
Old 02-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Courtier

For me:

Queen Rania, Prince Charles and Camilla, Caroline of Hannover
Old 02-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

my dinner? i think i will invite Prince Guillame, CP Mary of Denmark, Prince Felix of Luxembourg and Prince Amedeo
Old 02-10-2006, 02:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

If I were allowed the 5th person, it would be Crown Prince Haakon or Princess Stephanie or Princess Letizia of Spain or Infanta Christina or Infanta Elena.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bct88
I don't remember what he said to Margrethe. Does someone remember? Thanks.
It goes more or less like this: Daisy when are you going to stop smoking?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

-Màxima
-Mary
-Letizia
-Mette.Marit
Old 02-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would choose:

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
King Harald of Norway
Princess Lillian of Sweden (for her sense of humour) I know its 5 people but what are you going to do about it? lol :) :)
Old 02-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Aristocracy

my choices:

Princess Madeleine
Princess Mary
Prince Frederick
prince William
Old 02-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Aristocracy

A dinner party with four royals of my own choosing? Hmmm... well, the four royals whom I would like to know better, are actually “my very own”.
I would like to sit down at a dinner with:
HM Queen Margrethe II of Denmark:
I think very highly of this woman, and I am confident that conversations about the arts, culture, travelling and a lot of other topics can only be highly interesting with this fine woman.
HRH Henrik, Prince Consort of Denmark:
Since I am no gourmet, the Prince Consort could maybe pass on advise on how to bring a meal to perfection. And being a big fan of classical music, I would like to hear his opinion on several works, especially some of the more modern works. And overall, the Prince Consort is known for his fine sense of humour, and I am sure that he is a delightful addition to every party.
HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark:
A fun guy with interests in sports, arts, travelling and adventuring. Moreover, he is my future king. It would be nice to get to know more about him.
HRH Crown Princess Mary of Denmark:
Another very interesting dinner guest I imagine. I would like to hear her view on her new country and countrymen. Furthermore, I think that she will prove an interesting conversationalist.

It should also be interesting to see how they all interact as a family at a private dinner.

And who would be the host? Well, if I were to host such an event, we would be seated around a blue table in my small flat, eating my famous lasagne or steak-haché (just trying to give ‘hamburgers‘ a more royal ring to it) from black plates. Thus, I would prefer if HM the Queen hosted the event. Where? At Her Majesty’s Amalienborg residence, since that would give us the opportunity of going to see an opera at the Opera of Copenhagen, and then have late dinner afterwards. Afterwards, Daisy and I could go clubbin’ or som'thing... one never knows!

/Lasse Pedersen
Old 02-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Courtier

I would like to have a dinner with the whole Danish Royal Family (including Princess Alexandra)...:o
Old 02-12-2006, 03:37 AM
Gentry

My choice:
Albert of Belgium
Máxima
Letizia
Mette-Marit
And in case any of these ladies couldn't make it, Caroline or Stephanie would also be invited.
Where? In a garden.
A nice treat for Albert, don't you think? Hmmmm!
Cheers!
Martin