The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

I must admit that I really wouldn't know what to say to any of the royals that I would invite to a dinner party. I would probably try to find out what they like or something that is of interest to them or something that we all were interested in and try to make conversation.

I doubt they would want to hear the story of the 19th century Polish Baron (who I don't know his name) and the ancestor of mine who came to the United States in 1800. People that met them probably tell them they are related to them or royalty all the time. Some are truthful, others aren't and are just trying to impress.

Since people like me on this blog are fascinated by royalty, I sometimes wonder if they are fascinated by people like me who live uneventful regular lives. Not really an interesting conversation piece.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Nasacarlucy, you feel our lives are unevenful and unidirectional..nothing to discuss.. But just see from their point of view, I mean, what really happens in their lives? The same putting clothes, the same going in cars, the same waving, the same shaking hands and asking.."so what do you do".."so you like this"..the same cutting ribbons, reading pre-written speeches, saying "i am so glad to be here.."..putting the same gala gowns/tiaras/flashing smiles..
They cant make a single decision which will actually affect even a dozen lives on their own..They cant sit and gossip about the fat lady in the neighbourhood or crazy roommate or stupid boss..They have to be instructed how to sit, smile, walk, wave..
Nothing to undermine them, but just to impress upon you that our lives are also as colourful and eventful as theirs..And how much ever we envy them, that much they are going to envy us..
What do you guys say

Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, everyone has both uneventful and eventful times. I don't think there would be lack of conversation with the people I chose. They are contemporary and have interests outside their little realms. They would not be treated as "special" at my house. BBQ and potato salad by the pool on a Sunday afternoon.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Commoner

I would have:
1. Prince Charles - his views would be fascinating
2. Princess Mabel - her views on thew world and its politics as well as her famous political friends would be amazing!
3. Queen Margrethe - for her views on art and her amazing intellect
4. (deceased) Prince Claus - for his love of the wild
4. Mr Prof Pieter van Vollenhoven - for his many varied interests

I think this would be a good interesting evening.... Good organic food (for Charles), wonderful French wine (for Margrethe) would make for a long-remembered evening!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

I would pick two couples. I would love to have dinner with CP Haakon, M-M, CP Felipe and Letizia. Not only would I spend my entire dinner staring at the men, I think they are very facinating couples and would like to see how they make it work in the fish bowl they live in.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^
Given that 3 of your choices are dead I think you can cut back on the hors d'oevres order and just have the crystal ball on the table.
ah well, i'm not much of a eater nor talker :-) but i would love a stroll through the bling :-)
Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
Can I have 4 one-on-one dinner with Haakon instead? Pleaeaeaease please please
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Of course you can!

My list:
- King Abdullah II of Jordon: I saw him on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and I was mesmerized with how articulate he was. I would love to pick his brain about his thoughts on the Middle East, America and why he hasn't visited Australia yet!
- Crown Princess Victoria: I just love her! She is so down to earth.
- Crown Princess Maxima: She's a hoot. She has such a personality
- Duchess of Cornwall: From all the reports, she has a wicked sense of humour.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Royal Highness

1- CP Maxima
2- CP Mary
3- CP Victoria
4- Duchess of Cambridge

Great dinner. Amazing Turkish food and Turkish wines. Bosphorus Ciragan Palace, Istanbul accompaniment.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
1- CP Maxima
2- CP Mary
3- CP Victoria
4- Duchess of Cambridge

Great dinner. Amazing Turkish food and Turkish wines. Bosphorus Ciragan Palace, Istanbul accompaniment.

I would choose: Crown Princess Victoria, she is so special, Queen Elizabeth, she has seen sooo much that I would love to hear about, Grand Duchess Maria Theresa because I think she is sweet and fabulous, and Felipe, I want to hear his views on political issues, he seems very intelligent. If I could have a fifth, it would be I think a slightly unpopular one: King Juan Carlos. Disregarding his personal life, he is a man who occupies a very important place in history as far as bringing democracy to Spain after the dictatorship of Franco. I would love to hear all about it as I love to study history and politics. I think politically he has been admirable. Personally, maybe not so much, but I do not like to judge strangers. I love history.