Pick Four Royals For A Dinner Party!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If was putting a relaxed dinner party, I would most likely invite:
The Cambridges
The Phillips's
The Tindalls
The Yorks with Companions

If I was putting on a more formal affair, I would have to invite:
The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh
The Waleses
The Princess Royal & Sir Laurence
The Wessexes

I think I have done this before but I have an updated choice now!

Deceased:
Grand Duchess Olga
Grand Duchess Tatiana
Grand Duchess Maria
Grand Duchess Anastasia

Living:
The Countess of Wessex
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
Crown Princess Victoria
Crown Prince Haakon (just to add some handsome to the party.)

If I was putting on a more formal affair, I would have to invite:

The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh

The Waleses

The Princess Royal & Sir Laurence

The Wessexes

So a State Banquet then? :D

Last edited:
Although I think if I invited them all, my family and I would have a ball and so would the royals. We would be eating good southern style comfort food, singing & dancing, telling stories, laughing and just getting to know each other.

I think I would also invite the Middletons. I would love to see the stuff Pippa would come up with for the party.

I think I have done this before but I have an updated choice now!

Deceased:
Grand Duchess Olga
Grand Duchess Tatiana
Grand Duchess Maria
Grand Duchess Anastasia

Living:
The Countess of Wessex
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
Crown Princess Victoria
Crown Prince Haakon (just to add some handsome to the party.)

So a State Banquet then? :D

Well, I think I could try to get Her Majesty & Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to loosen up a bit. I don't think I would have a problem with the Wessexes and Princess Anne & Tim.

Maybe I'm too into this family because I have actually had a couple of dreams that The Queen came to visit my home. She was so kind in my dream and took time to meet my family and friends. It was like she was a dear old friend of mines.

HGDs Guillaume and Stephanie
HSHs Albert and Charlene

The invitations are for Sunday lunch.

Queen Mary
Queen Alexandra
Tsarina Maria Feodorovna
...4th spot open for anyone interested

meal would be some little hors-d'ouvres and the dive head first into the jewelry collections of these ladies :)

I would be honored by the presence of

Crown Princess Victoria
Crown Princess Mathilde
Crown Princess Masako
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie

^^^^
Given that 3 of your choices are dead I think you can cut back on the hors d'oevres order:lol::lol: and just have the crystal ball on the table.

Ancient:
Nefertiti of Egypt
Esther, Queen of Macedonia
Alexander The Great
Queen Seon Deok of Silla

Deceased but not Ancient:
Empress Sisi of Austria
Princess Diana
Queen Wilhelmina of The Netherlands (i wish i could hear stories from her)
Princess Grace Kelly

and if one of them could not come, then...Hitler, always wanted to ask the man why so hatred, evil and greed?! (i know he's not royal but he did 'rule' somewhat)

State Dinner:
Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Rania of Jordan
Princess Lalla Salma
King Jigme Khesar of Bhutan

Formal Dinner:
Prince Albert
Princess Charlene
Crown Prince Naruhito
Princess Mary

Informal Dinner:
Crown Princess Victoria
Princess Letizia
Princess Maxima
Prince Henrik, The Prince Consort (for some jokes^^)

Tea Party:
Duchess Catherine
Prince William
Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg
Princess Mette-Marit

Picnic with kids:
Infanta Leonor
Princess Catharina-Amalia
Prince Christian
Princess Ingrid Alexandra

but if it was to be a full fun picnic, then: Princess Isabella, Viscount James, Princess Ariane and Prince Sverre Magnus^^

all this 'dinner' parties are my wishfull thinking.

Last edited:
^^^ This is my choice for a picnic with the children:

For a 'future Kings and Queens' picnic:

1. Princess Estelle
2. Infanta Leonor
3. Princess Elisabeth
4. Princess Amalia

For a picnic with other royal children:

1. Lady Louise Windsor
2. ^ Her brother, the Viscount Severn
3. Princess Isabella of Denmark,
4. Princess Eleonore of Belgium

I must admit that I really wouldn't know what to say to any of the royals that I would invite to a dinner party. I would probably try to find out what they like or something that is of interest to them or something that we all were interested in and try to make conversation.

I doubt they would want to hear the story of the 19th century Polish Baron (who I don't know his name) and the ancestor of mine who came to the United States in 1800. People that met them probably tell them they are related to them or royalty all the time. Some are truthful, others aren't and are just trying to impress.

Since people like me on this blog are fascinated by royalty, I sometimes wonder if they are fascinated by people like me who live uneventful regular lives. Not really an interesting conversation piece.

:previous:Nasacarlucy, you feel our lives are unevenful and unidirectional..nothing to discuss.. But just see from their point of view, I mean, what really happens in their lives? The same putting clothes, the same going in cars, the same waving, the same shaking hands and asking.."so what do you do".."so you like this"..the same cutting ribbons, reading pre-written speeches, saying "i am so glad to be here.."..putting the same gala gowns/tiaras/flashing smiles..
They cant make a single decision which will actually affect even a dozen lives on their own..They cant sit and gossip about the fat lady in the neighbourhood or crazy roommate or stupid boss..They have to be instructed how to sit, smile, walk, wave..
Nothing to undermine them, but just to impress upon you that our lives are also as colourful and eventful as theirs..And how much ever we envy them, that much they are going to envy us..
What do you guys say

Well, everyone has both uneventful and eventful times. I don't think there would be lack of conversation with the people I chose. They are contemporary and have interests outside their little realms. They would not be treated as "special" at my house. BBQ and potato salad by the pool on a Sunday afternoon.

I would have:
1. Prince Charles - his views would be fascinating
2. Princess Mabel - her views on thew world and its politics as well as her famous political friends would be amazing!
3. Queen Margrethe - for her views on art and her amazing intellect
4. (deceased) Prince Claus - for his love of the wild
4. Mr Prof Pieter van Vollenhoven - for his many varied interests

I think this would be a good interesting evening.... Good organic food (for Charles), wonderful French wine (for Margrethe) would make for a long-remembered evening!!!

I would pick two couples. I would love to have dinner with CP Haakon, M-M, CP Felipe and Letizia. Not only would I spend my entire dinner staring at the men:ROFLMAO:, I think they are very facinating couples and would like to see how they make it work in the fish bowl they live in.:flowers:

^^^^
Given that 3 of your choices are dead I think you can cut back on the hors d'oevres order:lol::lol: and just have the crystal ball on the table.

ah well, i'm not much of a eater nor talker :) but i would love a stroll through the bling :)

Can I have 4 one-on-one dinner with Haakon instead? Pleaeaeaease please please
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Of course you can! :flowers:

My list:
- King Abdullah II of Jordon: I saw him on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and I was mesmerized with how articulate he was. I would love to pick his brain about his thoughts on the Middle East, America and why he hasn't visited Australia yet!
- Crown Princess Victoria: I just love her! She is so down to earth.
- Crown Princess Maxima: She's a hoot. She has such a personality
- Duchess of Cornwall: From all the reports, she has a wicked sense of humour.

1- CP Maxima
2- CP Mary
3- CP Victoria
4- Duchess of Cambridge

Great dinner. Amazing Turkish food and Turkish wines. Bosphorus Ciragan Palace, Istanbul accompaniment.

1- CP Maxima
2- CP Mary
3- CP Victoria
4- Duchess of Cambridge

Great dinner. Amazing Turkish food and Turkish wines. Bosphorus Ciragan Palace, Istanbul accompaniment.

I would choose: Crown Princess Victoria, she is so special, Queen Elizabeth, she has seen sooo much that I would love to hear about, Grand Duchess Maria Theresa because I think she is sweet and fabulous, and Felipe, I want to hear his views on political issues, he seems very intelligent. If I could have a fifth, it would be I think a slightly unpopular one: King Juan Carlos. Disregarding his personal life, he is a man who occupies a very important place in history as far as bringing democracy to Spain after the dictatorship of Franco. I would love to hear all about it as I love to study history and politics. I think politically he has been admirable. Personally, maybe not so much, but I do not like to judge strangers. I love history.

Pick four royals for a dinner party w/you

Kate Middleton, Prince William, Prince Harry, Queen Elizabeth

Hmm, this sounds interesting: for a dinner, I think Princess Victoria or Queen Mathilde would be the best one to make me feel at ease. Also Maxima is a great choice, but I think she is more apt for an afterparty!

Older generation:
HM Queen Elizabeth II of the UK, HM Queen Sofia of Spain, HM King Michael of Romania & HM Tsar Simeon II of Bulgaria.

Middle generation:
HRH Crown Princess Margareta of Romania, HGDH Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, HRH Duarte Pio of Portugal, Duke of Bragança, HRh Crown Prince Alexander II of Serbia

Younger generation:
HM King Felipe VI of Spain, HRH, Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, HM Queen Maxima of the Netherlands & HRH Crown Princess Mary.

Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Kate and William.

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg, Archduke Alexander of Austria-Hungary, Pauline Ducruet and Prince Josef-Emmanuel of Liechteinstein.

I'd go for Queen Máxima (since she's my Queen and our favourite magpie) Crown Princess Victoria (she always seems so nice), the Duchess of Cambridge (I just like her a lot) and Queen Elizabeth II (she's such an icon).

I'd have to agree with Queenece. I'm going to go with Queen Máx (I think she'd be a hoot. We'd have a good laugh), Crown Princess Mary (I'd want to ask her questions that have always interested me about her life), Crown Princess Victoria (she seems like such a kind-hearted person), and the Duchess of Cambridge (in the hopes that her hair magic would rub off on me).

I will go with
Dead:
King Louis VI of France, Catherine of Medicis(I just want to know what the hell she was the wicked witch of the West), King Richard VI and Madame de Pompadour if not her the the Late Diana, Princess of Wales

Older:
Queen Margrethe of Denmark, King Gustav of Sweden, Prince Henrik of Denmark(his views on french and danish cuisine, wine, cultures) and Queen Elisabeth II(to have a simple talk on her view on life

Middle (f):
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, Queen Maxima of the Netherlands, Queen Rania of Jordan, Queen Mathilde of Belgium, Princess Lalla Salma of Morrocco and Princess Charlene of Monaco
Middle(M):
Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece and Denmark, Prince Felix of Luxembourgh

Youth(f):
The York sisters, Princess Alexandra of Luxembough, Princess Sirivannari of Thailand, Princess sikhanyiso of Swaziland

Prince Sebastian of Luxembourgh, Prince Joachim of Belgium, Pierre Casiraghi, and Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan

HRH Prince Henry (Harry) of Wales, King Felipe VI of Spain, Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh (HRH Prince Philip of the UK). Harry because he seems to be lot of fun to be around :sly:(easy on the eyes too but I am old enough to be his mother), Felipe and Haakon seem to be a little dull, but...;) who cares, and Philip, even though I have read is a snob, because he seems to have a wonderful (and crude:eek:) sense of humor

CP Victoria, Duchess of Cambridge, Duchess of Cornwall, Queen Margrethe.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

if i could choose ANY royals:
Diana (of course!)
Camilla
Harry
William

but being slightly more realistic:
Queen Elizabeth II
Camilla
William
Harry

Status