Pick Four Royals For A Dinner Party!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CP Victoria
CP Maxima
Prince William
And Kate Middleton if she counts
If not Princess Caroline of Monaco

Since I can't make up my mind, and I liked what Esmerelda did. :)

Younger female Royals:
Crown Princess Victoria
Princess Mary
Princess Maxima
Princess Mette Merit.

Younger male Royals:
Crown Prince Haakon
Prince Frederick
Prince Daniel
Prince Willem (sp)

Older female Royals (have adult children):
Queen Sonja
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Margrethe
Queen Beatrix

Older male Royals
King Harald
Prince Henrik
Prince Charles
Prince Andrew

Those who are not with us anymore:
Princess Diana
Princess Grace
Queen Elizabeth 1 (Queen Mum)

Last edited:
Prince William and Catherine and Zara Phillips and her husband to be.

CP Frederik
CPss Mary
CPss Victoria
P Daniel

And if it could be six:
CP Frederik
CPss Mary
CPss Victoria
P Daniel
CP Haakon
CPss Mette-Marit

Queen Elizabeth 1 (Queen Mum)

Queen Elizabeth I and the Queen Mum are two very different women who lived in different centuries and had totally different roles.

Elizabeth I reigned from 1558 to 1603 and actually ruled - she was an absolute monarch in many ways.

The Queen Mum was a Queen Consort to a constitutional monarch from 1937 - 1952 and she had no real power at all. Influence yes but power no.

Princess Maxima
Princess Letizia
Princess Victoria
Princess Mette-Marit (sp?)

if alive, Princess Diana

Henri, Duke of Orleans. (whom I regard as the legitimate King of France)
King Juan Carlos (of Spain)
their wives.

i need to update my dinner party
a few yeras has past since my last dinner with 4 royals

queen silvia (due to the bock about the king)
Kate (she is the newest royal)
queen Anne-marie (she married so young and later become queen for only a few years)
Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg (what did really happned between her and joachim)

after i posted i looked up who i wanted to invite last times

post from 2005
here is may makebeleive dinners with four royals

It will be at my apartment and will do the cooking not to fancy

There will be Madeleine - i would like to meet her and see if she is stood up and fake as many saus i am not to sure about it
i would also like to meet Märtha Louise hear about her growing up as a princess and her life now
Then i would also invite Anne-Marie and hear about the years tehy had to flee from greece and hear her talk about her role today. The last one would be Guillaume. of Luxembourg to hear some of the relationchips he has with the different royal houses

post from 2009

Queen Anne-Marie; how was it when they fled greece what happned during these years
Cathrine the great, how was her lfe really
King Karl XIV Johan of sweden, he got to be king over a country that he had no conection with
Prince Bertil; He got waited for lilian for so many yerfas and they did not have any children, did he have so strong feelings for his royal role,

i never thought i was so intrested in queen anne-marie

Last edited:
Alexander & Máxima
Haakon & Mette Marit

Young,refreshing,intelligent and future Monarchs in an ever faster changing world.

My four would be:

CP Haakon of Norway
The Duchess of Cambridge
The Queen (Elizabeth II)
Prince Harry

I would like several dinner parties with groups of four royals...To have them speak candidly without spousal pressure or secrets...

Group 1:

CP Mary (her Australianess)
CP Haakon (his gorgeousness)
CP Maxima (intriguing)
Prince Joachim (his kookiness)

Group 2:
CP Mette-Marit (her rags to riches single mother turns princess story)
Princess Marie (her cuteness)
CP Victoria (her strength and destiny)
CP Mathilde (her humbleness)

Group 3:
Prince Daniel (his courageness)
Prince Harry (his playfulness)
Countess Alexandra (her calmness and intelligence)
Princess Marie-Chantal (her American-Greek-in-exile-is-that-really-royalness)

So I guess I find the stories and narratives of 12 royals really interesting :)

Deceased royals:
Tsar Nicholas II of Russia
Queen Ingrid of Denmark
Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mum
Prince Albert

Living royals:
Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom or Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh (it's inhuman to choose between the two, I admire both so very much and I'd be pleased to meet either one of them)
Her Majesty, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
Prince Michael of Kent
Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge
- That very quickly turned into an almost all-British dinner party :lol:

Other royals I'd love to talk to include Princess Alexandra, the Lady Ogilvy; Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands; and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

The Duchess of Cornwall
Princess Maxima of The Netherlands
The Prince of Wales
The Prince of Monaco

female:
Queen Silvia
Crown Princess Maxima
Countess of Wessex
Queen Elizabeth II
Crown Princess Victoria
Queen Beatrix
Princess Caroline of Monaco(Hanover)
Princess Madeleine

male:
Crown Prince W-A
Prince Daniel
Prince Edward,Earl of Wessex
Crown Prince Haakon
Prince Harry
King CG :D

Uhm... prince Laurent of of Belgium, princess Michael of Kent, prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and perhaps the Duchess of Württemberg. They seem the most likely ones to start spilling the beans after a drink or two.

Prince Louis and Princess Tess matched for a dinner with the following couples:

Prince William and Kate
Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel
Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit

Topic of Conversation might be a book that they have read or have all of them read the same book and then comment on it. Not sure what book this would be.

Last edited:
I would be too impressed with Guillaume and Stephanie to be able to talk, so that would not work.
It would be interesting to have the two sons of the Duke and Duchess of Kent and their wives. The older is George (forget his title, maybe it's Earl St. Andrews), who married a woman who teaches history at university, and they say that, after being a diplomat, he is now a househusband who raises their three children. The younger son of the Duke and Duchess of Kent married a woman from the interesting Frankopan family, and splits their family's time between a country home near Rome and their home in England. Both of these people are pretty reclusive, both George and Nicholas. It would be interesting to find out what they have been thinking about, other than their children.
One of the other Frankopan brothers was HGD Guillaume's witness, along with his brother Felix. It would be fun to include Fellx, who speaks such unaccented English (a miracle) but that would expand our little dinner party more than anticipated. But I would enjoy having Felix and his friend Clare. And if I can make it a dinner for eight plus me, I would invite Nicholas Frankopan who was Guillaume's witness and his wife,
a British business woman. That would be a party with something to talk about, and I might be able to rustle up a few words without quailing.

Last edited:
I would prefer a high testosterone-packed randy raunchy all-boys' nightout with..

1. HRH The Crown Prince of Norway
2. HRH The Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg
3. HRH The Duke of Cambridge
4. HH The Crown Prince of Dubai

..with all sorts of nasty and weird things guys do and talk when they are on high..
Howzit:lol:

Number 1 would no doubt be Princess Anne. Even though she's just about 40 years older than me, just think of all we could talk about: Our experiences of being the only girl in the family, how we're both musical (we both sang in the choir during our school days; also she played the oboe, I played the clarinet), how we both hate celery, our love for animals (for me, cats, for her, horses), our "cottage" experiences, how we both have summer birthdays and that they're 17 days apart, and so on. I could go on forever! She could even give me some hair and makeup tips! Next would be the Queen and Kate, of course. Last, I would have Prince Andrew's daughters, because they're closer to my age. I know, that's 5 royals. But we could have a joint birthday party for Beatrice, Anne and myself. We do that in my family, because there are a lot of my family members whose birthdays are close together.

Last edited:
I'd probably go for the following royals (and I'm cheating a bit by counting pairs as one):

- Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip (although I'd probably be too intimidated to actually start a conversation with her)
- The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall
- Prince Guillaume and Princess Stephanie
- Princess Maxima

Other royals would probably include:
- Prince Harry
- Princess Anne
- Empress Farah
- The Countess of Wessex
- The Duchess of Gloucester
- Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia
- Queen Beatrix and Princess Mabel
- Prince and Princess Michael of Kent
- Princess Astrid and Archduke Lorenz
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
- Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and family
- Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie of Prussia
- Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit
- King Michael and Crown Princess Margareta of Romania
- Emperor Akihito, Empress Michiko, Princess Masako, Princess Kiko, Princesses Mako and Kako

Actually, I'd be pretty delighted to pick any 4 random royals to just chat about all the things about royalty that interest me.
Of course, by a chat I mean I talk, they are bored to death.

I'd go for an historic lineup:

Queen Victoria of Great Britain
Empress Eugenie of the French
King Chulalongkorn of Siam
Emperor Alexander II of Russia

Deceased royals:
King George IV of the United Kingdom, aka as the Prince Regent
Empress Joséphine (de Beauharnais) of the French
Empress Catherine II (the Great) of Russia
King Frederick II (the Great) of Prussia

Most likely a dinner party filled with intelligent discussions and subjects such as architecture, art, music, philosophy (between Frederick and Catherine), roses and perhaps about the men in their lives (Catherine and Joséphine).

Mary for some Aussie down to earth banter, Prince Christian for cuteness, Wills for his views on the changing monarchy and Princess Michael of Kent for gossip!

Anne, Princess Royal
Princess Christina of Sweden
Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner

Four sisters of monarchs, or future monarchs, it would be interesting to hear if they would have wanted to be monarchs themselves, or if they are happy that they don't have to be the monarch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom