Pick Four Royals For A Dinner Party!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is who I would pick. I think all of these people would be fun, good conversationalists, and are intelligent.
Girls~
1.Victoria
2.Letizia
3.Maxima
4.Mathilde

Guys~
1.Felipe
2.Carl Phillip
3.Haakon
4.William

I would have a "girls night out" as well with:

Princess Mary of Denmark
Sophie, Duchess of Wessex
Princess Maertha Louise of Norway
Princess Alexia of Greece

We could all talk about being professional women in the new millenium.

Eliza

For Today's Royals:

The Duke of Edinburgh: For witty jokes and anecdotes, and because he could take over the barbeque.

Elizabeth II: I would love to hear some behind-the-scenes stories about the multitude of interesting people she has met. Besides after all she has done for the Commonwealth, an invitation to my barbeque would be the least I could do.

Queen Margrethe: Her creativity is so fascinating!

The Duchess of Cornwall: Apparently she's funny as well. She and Philip would bring the house down.

Alternates: The Prince of Wales, and King Juan Carlos.

From the past:

Well, I'd like a Tudor themed party and invite:

Henry VIII
Elizabeth I
Mary, Queen of Scots
Anne of Cleaves

1. Prince William
2. Prince Harry
3. Andrea Casiraghi
4. Pierre Casiraghi

Hey, so what if I'm the only girl. I'd have fun...:D

The luckies are...
Caroline of Monaco
Charlotte Casiraghi
Queen Sofia
Rania

And for boys, i ll be the only girl
Andrea casiraghi
William
Harry
Carl Philip
Why not Pierre?

Julian said:
King Juan Carlos, I think his life has been so unusual as one of the few to ever regain their throne in the twentieth century. He must have lots of interesting anecdotes about what really went on behind the scenes.

Absolutely King Juan Carlos, crown prince Frederik, prince Bernhard (if he were still with us) and Inaki Urdangarin.
They all have (or had) a similar view of life.;)

For all girls:
Queen Sofia, crown princess Maxima (for the fun), Queen Margarethe and princess Cristina.:)

here is may makebeleive dinners with four royals

It will be at my apartment and will do the cooking not to fancy

There will be Madeleine - i would like to meet her and see if she is stood up and fake as many saus i am not to sure about it
i would also like to meet Märtha Louise hear about her growing up as a princess and her life now
Then i would also invite Anne-Marie and hear about the years tehy had to flee from greece and hear her talk about her role today. The last one would be Guillaume. of Luxembourg to hear some of the relationchips he has with the different royal houses

Party only for girls:
Princess Letizia: she could give me some advice how to be a good journalist (hope I will be)
Sofia: I could check if she really speaks so many foreign languages:)
Princess Victoria: I would tell her that we will kill her:D if she doesn't marry Daniel or ANYONE soon
Infanta Leonor and Irene Urdangarin: (it's two, but they are the babies, so we can count them as one girl:D) because they are so cute!

Party only for boys:
Felipe: You don't have to ask why...:D:D:D
Juanito, Pablo and Miguel Urdangarin: You don't have to ask why...:D:D:D

Last edited:
A ladies' country weekend at Tullgarn Palace

(picture from the Royal Court of Sweden)

Participants (except me of course):

- Queen Silvia
- Queen Elizabeth II
- Queen Anne-Marie
- Queen Sonja

All would contribute with the stories of their lives so far, some intriguing details about life behind the closed doors of the palaces and many anecdotes from both their private and public life.

And, if all would be possible... A small dinner party at Windsor Castle

windsor9ip.jpg

(picture by the British Monarchy's official website)

Participants (except me of course):

- Queen Victoria
- Queen Elizabeth I
- Queen Kristina
- Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother

All would contribute with the stories of their lives, as well as many details about life behind the closed doors of the palaces and many anecdotes from both their private and public lives during their times. They would also give me an insight to the situation in their countries and the world during their respective times, and tell me their viewpoint on the political & society issues of those times.

Last edited:
Party only for girls:
- Mette-Marit
- Camilla
- Mathilde
- Märtha Louise

Party only for boys.. and me!
- Haakon!!! :rolleyes: :D
- Amadeo
- Felix (Luxembourg)
- Felipe

Hmm, depending on the tone of the party, if I wanted to have a more serious and intellectually stimulating dinner party; I'd have Queen Elizabeth II because she has seen and experienced so much during her reign, Princess Letizia to find out more about her experiences as a journalist, King Moahmmed VI to see how he feels to have followed his father and his reputation and to ascertain how serious he is with his reforms and finally Prince Hamzah, mainly to find out the real story behind his being stripped of the title of Crown Prince. Location-wise we'd probably have quite a formal dinner, maybe somewhere like Balmoral.

For a more fun-filled evening I'd have Princess Maxima because she is always smiling and seems ot be somebody who knows how to party, Princess Letizia because again she looks like she knows how to have a good time, Charlotte Casiraghi and Prince Harry to get a better idea of his character (and to set him up with Charlotte!).
W'd go to a chilled out bar for drinks where we could talk, eat and then if we went to later go dancing.

Girls only -

Princess Rym (and baby Princess Jalilah)
Princess Letizia (and baby Infanta Leonor)
Princess Mette-Marit ( and baby Prince Sverre Magnus)
Princess Mary ( and baby Prince ???)
(they could all and swap baby tips!!)
:D

Boys -
Prince Haakon
Prince Charles
Prince Harry
Prince Hashim (he can stay behind when the others have gone home though!!) ;)

For a girls night:
* Cristina: she's a very intelligent woman, I admire her because she works, takes care of her 4 kids, fulfills her royal duties, and also manages to stay happily married to Iñaki
* Victoria: I would like to know what does it feel like to know that you are going to rule a country in a male dominated world
* Sofía: because I would like to learn sophistication and elegance, who's gonna be a better teacher than her?
* Mathilde: she's a very sweet woman and it's very dedicated to the charity and UN work, so I would like to know her

About boys:
Well Cristina is free to bring her 4 men :D
* Felipe: he's a highly educated man but very down to earth like his entire family
* William: I would like to know about his feelings on being the last hope for the British monarchy and all the pressure he has to handle...
* Frederik: he's a Navyseal, yet he's so emotional, kind of a complicated but nice person..
* King Juan Carlos: I would like to know the man that saved the Spanish monarchy from the flames and helped shaping Spain into the country it is nowadays

Those would be my choices, even if my dream would be to be invited to Zarzuela palace to eat with the entirely SRF:rolleyes:

For cocktails and dinner with the girls:

Laurentien - I think I would have a good laugh with her!
Martha Louise - Same as above and I would ask if i could borrow the dress
she wore to F&Ms wedding.
Maxima - She looks like such a down to earth and vivacious person.
Mette-Marit - A women with a lot of life experience, I think she would be
great to talk to.
Letizia - I'd like to talk to her about her career so she could give me some
advice.

And dinner with the boys:

Nikoloas
Haakon
Frederick
Felipe

purely for the eye candy;)

only 4?

I'd like it to be Haakon & Mette-Marit (adore them so much...), Alexandra of Denmark (again... lovely woman..many experience), and Letizia (so much to hear from her...)

well.. if it's a ladies night... then i'd wanted it to be Mette-Marit, Alexandra, Maxima, and Letizia, and can i add just one more? that would be Madeleine... it would be an interesting evening....

if it's me with the guys (well.. believe me there'll be a lot of staring that night..), i'd want it to be with Haakon, Felipe, Carl Philip, Maurits

but... for a toddlers party.. it should be fun.. i'd wanted it to be with Ingrid-Alexandra, Leonor, Juan Valentin, Felix of Denmark...

Last edited:
Four Royals I would very much like to dine with are -

Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark & Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince Haakon-Magnus & Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway.

My residence of choice for this candle light gathering would be, hmmmmm.....Windsor Castle!

It would of course be evening gown, order star & tiara for the ladies. Tux, white bow tie, order star & sash for the gentlemen.

"MII"

Last edited:
Margrethe II said:
Four Royals I would very much like to dine with are -

Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark & Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince Haakon-Magnus & Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway.

"MII"

wouldn't you like to have dinner with the Queen of Denmark?:eek:

crisiñaki said:
wouldn't you like to have dinner with the Queen of Denmark?:eek:

.lol. Dear crisiñaki...

Daisy & I go way back ;)...been there, done that.

We swapped cooking recipes, lit up, listend to Henrik play the piano and enjoyed a good 'ol game of cards followed by a deep discussion concerning the elements of impressionistic & innovative art.

I WISH!!!

If I could chose two Monarchs to dine with they would be Her Majesty the Queen Margrethe II & Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth II.

"MII" :)

Last edited:
CP Phillipe and Mathilda
CP Felipe and Letiza
CP Hakkon and Mette Marit

Those would be my pick for dinner party guests!

Margrethe II said:
.lol. Dear crisiñaki...

Daisy & I go way back ;)...been there, done that.

We swapped cooking recipes, lit up, listend to Henrik play the piano and enjoyed a good 'ol game of cards followed by a deep discussion concerning the elements of impressionistic & innovative art.

MII, you rock!;)

Prince William, Prince Harry and his girlfriend, Andrea Casiraghi and his girlfriend, Charlotte Casiraghi and her boyfriend, Pierre Casiraghi, the luxembourg brothers including princess Alexandra but not the younger brother that I forgot the name, Zara Phillips with Mike and her bro Peter :p , Lady Gabriella Windsor, Lord Frederick Windsor, Madeleine of Sweden, Carl Philip of Sweden, Beatrice of York and Eugenie, The Hannover Brothers Ernst and Christian... And that's it :cool: a cool party huh ;)

What a nice idea :)!

For a quiet dinner I would choose mother-in-laws/daughter-in-laws theme with Queen Elizabeth II, Countess of Wessex, Queen Sofia of Spain and Princess Letizia.

Me, Sophie and Letizia would finish the dinner together while the mother-in-laws talked in the living room, then we would sat and have a quiet dinner speaking of various light issues.

After dinner we would see Her Majesties private albums:p and listen some stories about their lifes, while their daughters-in-law speak of their lifes, their expectations towards their family and public life, everything very naturally and down-to-earth and without questions being made.

When leaving Queen Elizabeth would say how much she enjoyed my cookings:) , Queen Sofia would offer me a personal family photo:eek: , Letizia and Sophie would leave saying that we should gather some time soon just the three of us;) ...

After Christmas I will imagine a more agitated dinner, but for now that's all I would like to have ;).

Regards,
mtbcm :)

I would pick the four Van Vollenhoven sisters-in-law (Marilne, Annette, Anita and Aimee). I think it would be very nice to spend an evening with them, they all seem very down to earth and I think we could have a good laugh together, especially with Anita, she seems to be a very funny person! :)

If I would choose some royals who aren't Dutch, I'd probably go for Camilla and Charles and Haakon and Mette-Marit. They've been trough a lot and they do a magnificent job at the moment. I just would love to talk about that with them! (And I hope Haakon and Mette-Marit bring along the children, they're so adorable!) ;)

Four Ladies:
Queen Sofia, Sonja, Beatrix and Margrethe...

Four ladies:
Princess Letizia, Mary, Máxima and Mette-Marit

Four Mens:
King Juan Carlos, Constantine, Harald and Prince Henrik

Four mens:
Prince Felipe, Willem-Alexander, Frederik and Haakon...

P.S. - i really don't know why i choose those royals... but all of them fascinated me... :p
and i know... it was just four.. and i pick twelve... but i would like to have dinner with all of them.... :D

4 women
Máxima
Mary
Letizia
Mette-Marit

4 men
Willem-Alexnader
Frederik
William
Harry

2 couples
Màxima&Willem-Alexander
Mary&Frederik

Women:
-Maxima of Netherlands
-Alexandra of Denmark
-Mathilde of Belgium
-Mette Marit

Men:
-Willem Alexander
-Frederick
-Haakon
-William

Prince Hamzah (cuz I am curious to see how he is in parties,lol)
Prince Hashim ( I heard he was fun and nice to be around him)
Prince Ali (He knows how to party!)
ummmm my fourth choice would be....I can't think of anyone honestly!

Maxie said:
I would pick the four Van Vollenhoven sisters-in-law (Marilne, Annette, Anita and Aimee). I think it would be very nice to spend an evening with them, they all seem very down to earth and I think we could have a good laugh together, especially with Anita, she seems to be a very funny person! :)

Hadn't thought of that. Good idea:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom