The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

I am always interested in not only the personalities of the young royals, but their friendships with each other. Could some describe what the young Norweigan royals personalities are like? Also, it seems to be that Haakon and Martha-Louise are extremely close, even when compared to other royal siblings. Is this true? It also seems that MM and ML get along quite well. Any insight would be very helpful, thanks.

Old 09-20-2004, 05:37 AM
Majesty

I do not know about royals in Norway but I have seen carl philip and madeleine go shopping togather

Old 03-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Majesty

how close is felipe elena and christina?
Old 03-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Nobility

Has anyone any ideas on Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward?

I always imagine them not being that close, only seeing each other at family gatherings.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
I think Felipe and Cristina are closer than Felipe and Elena. During the beginning of his relationship with Letizia when the King and Queen disapproved, Elena and her husband did too. But Cristina (and perhaps Inaki) supported Felipe and the relationship.

I think the personalities of Cristina and Inaki are easier to get along with than Elena and Jaime. Plus Felipe and Cristina both share a great interest in sports, particularly sailing and both have carried the Spanish flag at the welcoming ceremonies of summer Olympic games.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola
Has anyone any ideas on Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward?

I always imagine them not being that close, only seeing each other at family gatherings.
They don't appear to be that close, I don't think either. Not close the way Felipe and Cristina are or Haakon and Martha Louise.

Haven't Charles and Edward had a bit of an antagonistic relationship in the last several years because of Edward's company being caught filming William at school? And I get the impression that Anne doesn't really approve of Charles and some of his actions.

Andrew is the one I don't know much about or can't draw much from. But he does seem very easy going and not too much conflict with his siblings.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Courtier

It was reported a while back when the Windsors were younger that Charles was very close to Andrew and Edward. But apparently this disappeared when they were about five. It was said that Charles was trying to be too fatherly to his younger brothers, and they didn't like it much. There is a 15 year gap between the groups of kids.

Edward then became very close to Anne, often saying with her instead of his parents when on holiday at school and even going on holiday with the Princess Royal and Mark Philips. It is said that he values her advice above that of his brothers. Although it much be said that Edward appears to hold family relations very high. He is very closer to Lady Sarah Chatto, Lady Helen Taylor, James Ogilivy and Ivar Mountbatten than his brothers. They are the same ages and so it is only natural they became his 'family.'
Old 11-07-2006, 02:01 AM
Nobility

I too have heard that Prince Edward is close to Princess Anne and Prince Philip.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Serene Highness

Andrew is known as the Queen's favorite child, and Anne Prince Philip's favorite. Charles was the Queen Mum's favorite grandchild (hence Camilla wearing a lot of the late queen mum's jewelry which were left to Charles).
Old 11-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
I read that he is very closed to his mother and his sisters (more to Cristina than to Elena).

Source: http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/6095...Felipe/Letizia
Old 11-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Courtier

Are Prince Fredrick and Prince Joachim close? Are Prince Gustav, Princess Alexandra and Princess Nathalie of Berleburg close?

Does anyone see any of the above together other than family outings?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Aristocracy

I've noticed in pictures that Prince Louis and Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg seem to be very close. Alexandra is the godmother of his son Gabriel
Old 11-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The Danish/Greek/Spanish Family is very close, you see them taking holidays and spending a lot of time together as well; they are also each other's children's grandparents and stuff like that
Old 11-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

How is the relationship between Ragnhild, Astrid and Harald?

Old 02-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty

How is the relationship between Ragnhild, Astrid and Harald?
I don't know about their relationship but Astrid still preforms some royal duties while Ragnhild very really preforms royal duties.

I read on wikipedia that Ragnhild is "a staunch conservative...publicly criticized her niece and nephew [and] their commoner spouses, and their love lives, on TV 2, a Norwegian television network, in 2004. Among her comments was her belief that the younger generation's controversial marriages could bring down the Norwegian monarchy and her hope that she would be dead before her nephew's wife became queen." Princess Ragnhild of Norway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This leads me to believe that Ragnhild is not a favorite of her brother.