The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-29-2009, 05:38 PM

Has anyone else had any expeirences with any other Royal Family?

God Save The Queen!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are specific threads in some other sub-forums I think (e.g. Sweden maybe???), RoyalProtocol, i'd so check those out if you're interested

Old 12-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Have you ever met royals or aristocrats in the real life?

What were your impressions?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Gentry

Interesting question,Lenora,
Actually i met king Michael and his family when he was in visit,after his long exile,also i saw him and his family in Timisoara, where he spent the
Easter with his family,if i remember well,in 1996,in the middle of his people,entoured by its great love and expectation,when all claimed his returnal in an unique voice and soul:"Majesty,dont leave,this is your country!"A very very impressive meet between the King and his loving people.
Some years ago,i met His Majesty and Queen Anne at their castle from Savarsin,where the organisation"Friends of King Michael" were invited.
For me to meet the King,the hero i was learnt to love from what told my parents in my childhood,when we had to hide our love ,respect and devotion because the thyranical Ceausescu"s political regime,it was like a dream came true..
Unfortunately,dreams are always too short. . .
Old 12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great! Actually I've met British Prince Michael of Kent when he visited the University in Sankt Petersburg,it was great!
Even I didn't speak to him,he held a speech for students and was very interested in Russia and youth problems.It was unexpectedly delightful!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Nobility

I've seen most of the British a few times at Royal Ascot...the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Royal, Peter Phillips, Autumn Phillips, Zara Phillips, Duke of York, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, Earl of Wessex, Countess of Wessex, Princess Michael of Kent, Princess Alexandra. So, quite a day! Ha.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Aristocracy

Such a great topic. I never met a royal before but my mum did and the rest of her part of the family. My aunt for example went to Morocco for three weeks and met the king himself eight times by accident. Each time. So she met him each time when it he was not in royal duties but in private life. Why do that kind of accidently meetings not happen to me.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

What would you do if...

You had the chance to meet and chat with a Royal up close. To meet a Queen, king, prince, princess, crown prince, crown princess, duke duchess, count , countess...ect.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would chat with them.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Nothing.
If they start a conversation with me, I'd be delighted to take part in it. But as someone who values privacy above everything, I would not dream to invade another person's privacy (whether a royal, a celebrity, or "ordinary" human being) without their consent.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, I don't see them as special, so I would be polite and hope they had something of value to say.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Courtier

Well, I would have to bow my head in front of them and talk to them shyly...
Old 04-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

It would be an honor and although I would be happy and nervous I would remain calm and chat.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

If I ever had the chance to meet, let alone talk to a royal, I would curtsey, then answer them if they talked to me first. Then I would go on my merry way after they went on theirs.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Depends. I, certainly, wouldn't curtsey, as that is an anachronistic and ridiculous act. I would shake hands and hope they had something of value to say.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Royal Highness

Well, it would likely be a very brief conversation if there are many others for the royal to meet, but I would like to think that any conversation would be of value to both of us not just to me.
I would nod my head and shake hands as I always do when greeting someone.
After all that, I'd probably go all silly and tell anyone who will listen that I met a royal. Then I'd come down back to Earth and wish I was royal then wonder why. Finally, that particular royal would become my favourite.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Majesty

I like your approach. Mine would be quite similar. When I had a chance to say 'hello' to Crown Princess Mary, I did feel a bit overwhelmed, but after a few seconds, it was just your typical 'are you and your husband enjoying NYC?' type of conversation. I generally try to let the other person take the lead, and feel that it's easier for me to follow, so I did just that in this particular instance.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:01 AM
Courtier

I've had nightmares about this (sad, I know) where I'd be so gobsmacked that I'd go into shock and curtsey (even though I am a guy) and then just stare at them.

But seriously I would bow and then wait for them to talk/offer their hand for a handshake before shaking it and then saying something like "Are you enjoying today so far, Your (insert title)". I've read that's what you're supposed to do protocol wise and I'd be too star-struck to instigate the encounter myself.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Sorry, I don't see them as special, so I would be polite and hope they had something of value to say.
Same for me.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Majesty

I think that if I ever met anyone from the British Royal Family, I probably would be a bit star-struck (hopefully while the said member is walking down the line and greeting others, because that would give me time to gather my wits a bit ). I would wait for them to initiate any conversation (I did that with Mary of Denmark as well), and just hope that I won't sound like a total spaz when it was my time to contribute or show that I'm actually actively listening to what is being said.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.