The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2008, 12:58 PM

I'd love to see that pic ladyfizzle. She sounds fab!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 PM

I met the whole Swedish Royal Family more than one time in Stockholm City. It is very usual to meet them: doing their shopping, etc.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

About two years ago I walked -a little bit in a hurry - through the "Hubertus Galerij" in Brussels. Frome the opposite direction came a group of people also walking in a straight tempo when my eye fell on a woman in the middle and I wondered: " Huh? I think I know that woman, but how???" [As I do know a lot of people rather superficial that happens more often, but not living in Brussels, not even living in Belgium it occurred to me as rather strange.] At the moment the group and I passed each other I realised that it was Princess Mathilde. We all just followed our way minding our own businesses.

A few years before I was present at the opening of an exhibition, wich was opened with a [private] visit of Queen Beatrix, but that was on invitation [as public] because of the official function I had at that time.

And years before that I visited a concert and surprise, surprise we had to wait a short time till Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus had arrived also. Prince Claus was patron of the choir. It was rather a long way from the entrance of the church to the first row and because of the flashlights the first five minutes I could only see little stars.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

I saw Willem-Alexander in Lech about 10 years ago.
I didn't recognise him untill he was gone. He's a very fast skier!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i met Lady Nicholas Windsor with her son Albert at traffic lights

Old 02-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Well not European Royalty, but JFK Jr. came to my school (which was, surprise, surprise! JFK Jr. High) once. Though I wasn't impressed. . .
Old 10-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Gentry

I was in London with some friends and we were going to cross the road when a policeman stopped all the cars and we saw Prince Charles and Camilla. It was totally unexpected for me !!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

My mother who was very small was walking in London and almost literally bumped into another petite lady, her security just stopped my mother in time but she was amazed to see that Princess Margaret was even more beautiful close up than in her pictures.
That was the only unexpected incident I can remember, I have seen many royals but in places where they were expected to be.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Commoner

unexpectedly and expectedly

Expectedly

I unfortunately forgot the date (1964, 1965 or 1966), I was introduced together with my colleagues, at the official residence of the ambassador, to Queen Elizabeth II and to the Duke of Edinburgh. We had to curtsy to the Queen, could not speak to the queen if we were not addressed, the Duke of Edinburgh spoke to one of our local colleagues because he had a lot of World War II medals, but James (that was his name) would not end talking about the war. I thought it was very funny. On the other hand I found this introduction to the Queen and her husband very impressive.

In 1967 during the British Week in Brussels in the Embassy premises we were briefly introduced to Princess Margareth and Lord Snowdon. She was a VERY beautiful lady.

Unexpectedly

Many years ago, (between 1976 and 1980) I met King Baudouin at an of Paul Delvaux's exhibition, it was in a very small room of the National Museum of Fine Arts in Brussels. He was talking with the painter. He had no bodyguard, he seemed to be a very nice gentleman. I was there with a colleague, and he smiled to us.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Heir Apparent

This thread is very interesting! I used to live in Los Angeles, and would see celebrities all the time. I was usually disappointed when I saw them in person (they weren't as attractive as they were on the screen, or they seemed rude). I think that it is nice that so many of the posters in this thread were impressed with their royal sightings/meetings. Based on some of these accounts, they seem to be genuinely nice people.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Alfonso de Borbón y Dampierre

I met this royal prince when he was married to María del Carmen Martínez Bordíu, the mother of his two sons. They visited here and the government offered a reception, so it was not unexpectedly. Handsome, elegant, royal appearance, and nice. A normal shake of hands with a nice smile. There was a "lady" in the entourage advancing the tip of the fingers and in her face it was possible to read she was afraid of dirtiness. I did the same when I had to greet her, because she was in the reception line. But the princes were very nice.

He was Alfonso XIII´s grandson. An unfortunate man.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Nobility

Smile Met Danish royals? Tell your story...

Hello! I think that tihs thread is a good idea. Tell your story...
Old 10-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Nobility

Met Monaco royals? Tell your story...

You met prince Albert, Pierre Casiraghi, princess Caroline or someone else? Tell your story:)
Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Courtier

My parents, husband and I met the Queen Mother in the early 80's. My parents were in England visiting us. We were touring London and at the Abbey. A "Bobby" told us if we would wait the Queen Mother would be there in a few moments for the Remembrance Service. We were lucky enough to shake hands with her and speak with her. She was so very tiny. She had on a beautiful black suit and hat. A gorgeous bow pin that I have seen in many pictures before. It was a thrill of a lifetime.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Royal Highness

I work in a big museum in Paris, so i had the chance to met several royals :

- The Queen and the Duke of Edimburgh during their State visit to France in 2004.
- The Queen of the Belgians, some months ago for the opening of an exhibition.
- The Princess Napoleon (a thruly majestic dowager i must say)
- The Princess Chantal of France, Daughter of the late count of Paris
- The Prince Jean de France, son of the actual count of Paris

And unexpectedly (twice!) : the Empress Farah, walking along the Seine in Paris with a bodygard and , i presume, a lady in waiting.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:10 PM

Personal Royal Experiences

I can't find this topic anywhere else, do forgive me if it does exist!

What experiences have TRF members had with Royalty?

Have you ever met a Royal, been to a Royal Event or seen a Royal on a local visit?

I would appreciate if you could share your experiences.

Thank you!!!

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-24-2009, 04:12 PM

So I'll begin

I've seen all the current UK Royal Family and have attended the following events

The 2002 Golden Jubilee
The Thistle Service in 2006
Trooping The Colour in 2007
Garter Day in 2007
The Royal Maundy Service in 2008
The Thistle Service in 2008
A Duke of Edinburgh's Presentation in 2007
and lots of local and general public events

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I have only seen a few royals and most of them minor british ones
Queen
Prince Philip
Prince William (include Kate Middleton saying i can see them getting married)
Prince Harry
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugenie
Prince Edward
Duchess of Gloucester
Peter and Autumn Phillips
Zara Phillips (i will include Mike Tindall there saying they are practically engaged)
Lady Rose Gilman
Lady Davina Lewis
Lady Nicholas Windsor and her baby son Albert - a chance meeting standing beside the pair at traffic lights in London! still it was a meeting!!

On a different note (saying i wasnt even born) my grandmother went to Princess Elizabeth whilst she attended the private christening of her godchild in a small town a few miles from where we live in about 1946

Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I have only seen a few royals and most of them minor british ones
Queen
Prince Philip
Prince William (include Kate Middleton saying i can see them getting married)
Prince Harry
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugenie
Prince Edward
Duchess of Gloucester
Peter and Autumn Phillips
Zara Phillips (i will include Mike Tindall there saying they are practically engaged)
Lady Rose Gilman
Lady Davina Lewis
Lady Nicholas Windsor and her baby son Albert - a chance meeting standing beside the pair at traffic lights in London! still it was a meeting!!

On a different note (saying i wasnt even born) my grandmother went to Princess Elizabeth whilst she attended the private christening of her godchild in a small town a few miles from where we live in about 1946
Thanks PoE. It's interesting to hear your Grandmother saw The Queen in the 40s

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-29-2009, 06:38 PM

Has anyone else had any expeirences with any other Royal Family?

God Save The Queen!