The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101
Christian and Leonor, my heart just melted! Sofia is another option for Christian, therefore neither he nor Leonor would lose their right to the throne.

We need to get Lady Louise paired off, it isn't right if her younger brother gets paired first!
Well, male Royals her age include:
Felix of Denmark
Gabriel of Belgium
Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau (son of Prince Constantijn)

I'm sure there are more, especially from non-reigning houses but the only one I can think of is Odysseas-Kimon of Greece.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
I'd like to see Gabriel with Amalia :)
When Gabriel was born, they even changed the law, so a marriage is possible :)

Emmanuel with Isabella

Leonor with Odysseas

Christian with Sofia

Sverre with Ariane

Vincent with Estelle

Eleonore with Gabriel of Nassau

and voilà :)
Sorry but Leonor and Odysseas are related.

Grandmother of Leonor - Queen Sofia is a sister of King Konstantine - Prince Odysseas's grandfather.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta19pl View Post
Sorry but Leonor and Odysseas are related.
Yes, Leonor and Odysseas are second cousins, and Estelle and Vincent are third cousins.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

And Isabella and Emmanuel are fourth cousins, Christian and Sofía are fifth cousins and Eléonore and Gabriel are second cousins-once removed, as most of the royal families are related in some way.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Royal Highness

how about Marius? he hasnt been mentioned, he would be a great match either for Princess Elisabeth or Infanta Leonor.
Prince Constantine Alexios is such a young hottie, he could pair with Princess Elisabeth or Princess Marie-Caroline from Lienchenstein.

our little heir princesses have lots of beautiful royal boys to choose from, the greek boys, Gabriel and Noah, urdangarin boys and froilan, joachim's sons, gabriel and emmanuel,... (of course except for those who are either siblings or close cousins)

outside Europe, Lalla Khadija would be great together with Prince Hashem (youngest son of Q Rania).
Princess Muneraah for Crown Prince of Thailand's son or Prince Hisahito.
Princess Iman (Rania's oldest daughter) could marry the Crown Prince of Dubai, they would be the middle east hottest royal couple.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy

princess beatrice and prince amedeo of belguim
:

Old 07-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I am curious as to why people think Amedeo would be great with Beatrice...frankly I think they don't go together at all.

From what we know of Amedeo he is shy, VERY reserved and private, rumored to be quite brilliant, and deeply Catholic.

Beatrice seems more outgoing and social, smart but not particularly intellectual and doesn't appear to be that religious either.

She would lose her place in the Succession by marrying him, and I seriously doubt he would ever convert.

Not a good match at all, imo.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness

I agree. If anything, I think that Eugenie and Amedeo would to be a better match. Not quite into the York girls, but Eugenie seems to me to be a little more "calm" than her sister.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar bobo Iv View Post
princess beatrice and prince amedeo of belguim
I would think that princess Marie-Caroline of Liechtenstein (born 1996), http://www.jacobite.ca/kings/wenzel.htm , would be a better choice for Amedeo or his brother Joachim.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Too bad there is no recent photo Meraude...but she is almost certainly a better choice as far as background and religion than either of the two York princesses, imo.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Serene Highness

Marie-Caroline would be 15 or 16? That's quite an age gap. Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg has a similar background and between Marie-Caroline and Amadeo in age. She's also his second cousin, though.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
Marie-Caroline would be 15 or 16? That's quite an age gap.
Ten years are not that much, the age difference between Amadeo's parents are seven years, the age difference between his uncle Philippe and Mathilde is thirteen years, and there is a nine year age gap between uncle Laurent and Clare.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post

outside Europe, Lalla Khadija would be great together with Prince Hashem (youngest son of Q Rania).
Princess Muneraah for Crown Prince of Thailand's son or Prince Hisahito.
Princess Iman (Rania's oldest daughter) could marry the Crown Prince of Dubai, they would be the middle east hottest royal couple.
oh dear me, lalla khadija and prince hashem are 5 and 7 respectively. good grief! how can we speculate a good match at this time?
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 07-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude
Ten years are not that much, the age difference between Amadeo's parents are seven years, the age difference between his uncle Philippe and Mathilde is thirteen years, and there is a nine year age gap between uncle Laurent and Clare.
That's true although it is quite a gap at the moment, with one being legally a child still.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
That's true although it is quite a gap at the moment, with one being legally a child still.
There are nothing in this thread about when a "hoped for" marriage would take place, I doubt that Amedeo is planning to marry soon, he may wait five years or more and by then Marie-Caroline will no longer be a minor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1971 View Post
oh dear me, lalla khadija and prince hashem are 5 and 7 respectively. good grief! how can we speculate a good match at this time?
As there are those who speculate about a possible match between Estelle (5 months) and Vincent (18 months), a five and seven year old may be seen as old
Old 07-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
There are nothing in this thread about when a "hoped for" marriage would take place, I doubt that Amedeo is planning to marry soon, he may wait five years or more and by then Marie-Caroline will no longer be a minor.

As there are those who speculate about a possible match between Estelle (5 months) and Vincent (18 months), a five and seven year old may be seen as old
i guess i missed the younger ones that were referenced.
this just seems silly to me. i think children should grow up with a wolrd of possibilities before them, and i know this is a just for fun thread, but i would not wish away anyone's future. hard to believe that once upon a time, royal toddlers were engaged to various other royalty. oh my!
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

If this were 100 years ago, this thread would not be for fun, it would be realistic. We all know this, but we also do know that now none of that formality happens, so we are just having fun now. It is amusing to comment on who you think would go well together based on what we see from images and videos etc. We will never truly know what these people/children are like, but it's fun to pretend. My perfect royal partners are Viscount Severn and Princess Isabella of Denmark.

I also never realised there was such an age gap between The Duke and Duchess of Brabant. That quite shocked me.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Majesty

I think ten years is not that huge of an age difference, however, when one is fifteen and the other is twenty-six, it's a whole different ball game. The people are in two different stages of life; one is a teen, trying to figure him/herself out, working on completing secondary school and thinking about possible universities. The other is an adult, possibly done with university, maybe thinking about post-grad opportunities and trying to establish him/herself in a particular career. The two have nothing in common, and the older party may very well view the younger one as a 'child'. Now, when one is twenty-five and the other thirty-five, the situation is a bit different. Both parties are done with their education, and may already have stable careers. They may have more 'adult' experience in common, possibly have had opportunities to travel and to see the world. The younger party may be a bit more established as well. Maturity plays a big part also. Some may prefer their partner to be older, because they don't relate to the crowd their own age (I know I'm in that category), or because they want a partner who is more 'experienced'. I know may bulk at big age differences, but I think it all depends on the couple and how comfortable they are with one another. Plus, at the end of the day, age is just a number.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Marius and Amalia ? Or Marius and Alexandra of Monaco.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
My perfect royal partners are Viscount Severn and Princess Isabella of Denmark.
Amen to this, might just be the best royal pairing in the world